Do you believe in premonitions?

I do. I feel like I've been given premonitions about certain things that are coming in my future. Premonitions are basically an early warning announcement from the Lord. Although some premonitions can be disturbing at first I feel they are blessings from God.

I'm learning to be thankful when I get a premonition even if it is disturbing at first. Why is that? because I can still be thankful to the Lord for giving me ample time to get my mind wrapped around what is going to happen. I would rather be given some insight ahead of time so that I can use that opportunity to mentally prepare for a tragedy instead of the tragedy coming and sending a shock through my system. I don't like surprises.

So whenever premonitions come to me while awake or in my dreams I'm not going to be so quick to dismiss them. I can certainly take pre-emptive actions based on what I saw in a vision like dream but that doesn't guarantee that I'll be able to prevent what's going to happen. I will still need to get my mind wrapped around the possibility of a significant loss no matter how good things appear to look in the present. It's still going to be heartbreaking when the event happens but at least the shock of it will be lessened. The whole point of premonitions is to soften the blow when tragedy happens.

I've had reoccuring dreams that my place of employment will close down permanently even though in the present reality there are no outward signs indicating that we are in danger of closing anytime soon. Nevertheless I'm still in the process of looking for back up jobs just in case the dream comes true. The company seems to be doing very well right now but I've already taken a pre-emptive action.

I do believe in premonitions. Unfortunately I dont think you realize it was a premonition until its too late.

I think my mother had a premonition of her death. The day before she went into cardiac arrest she was telling me and my dad what she wanted done for her funeral. Never discussed it before. She never came out of it and passed away 2 weeks later.

VanessaVanessa

Yes I do believe in them.

I believe I have had a few premonitions. They haven't been of huge subjects as far as I recall, but I definitely think they were premonitions.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a freaky premonition:

About 5 years ago, I started have premonitions that my I would come home on a Saturday night after being out with friends and seeing my mom dead on the kitchen floor. Don't ask my why.

About 2 years later, I came home on a Saturday night, said goodnight to my mom (she was up playing computer games), and a few hours later- she died in her sleep.

I just had a premonition she wasn't going to make it much longer. She wasn't in ill health (besides being a smoker) and I just had a thought.

So yes- I do believe in them. They may not occur how you exactly imagine, but if you have a premonition (or a gut feeling about something) then trust it.

i have had premonitions some of them good some of them not.....i dotn know if they are premonitions or revelations....i have had enough of them to believe they are from god.....always had them......i dont know if i like them.....because i am always worried nightmares ....are premonitions...i had a really bad night mare this week that i remember clearly......i dont want to know if its true or not....because i am hoping it is not...i am always looking for signs.....and i am getting tired.......the nightmare wasnt one that was unbelievable......but involved things i am going through and an outcome that the way i reacted would be normal.......and i should have stayed put......and i didnt....ack............deb

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Well I had a dream last night about my crush. This time it seemed real and I believe The Lord has given me a warning sign to not get involved with her. The dream showed that we had been sleeping together for awhile and that it ended in a very nasty breakup. I wasn't given any details of how long we have been together but in the dream it showed a very hurtful ending and how hard it was for me to concentrate on work.

Well it turns out then I have confirmation through the dream that I am doing the right thing to stay as far away from her as possible and don't entertain anymore ideas on getting anything started with her.

I am glad I am having these bad dreams about her because it helps me arm myself emotionally and mentally so that if I am ever tempted I will have the strength to resist since I will remember the dream. I have written the dream down and keeping it in my head. This is already helping me slowly get over her.

We probably would have had a good start to our relationship but a hurtful finish. How it finishes is just as important as how it starts.

At least I am prepared on what to do if she ever does ask me out or even ask me to grab coffee with her. I will make up an excuse not to go with her because I don't want any doors to open up to where I might get sucked into a relationship. No contact beyond what is necessary for work. Thank God for giving me a heads up this early even if it isn't what I wanted to hear.

Well I had a dream last night about my crush. This time it seemed real and I believe The Lord has given me a warning sign to not get involved with her. The dream showed that we had been sleeping together for awhile and that it ended in a very nasty breakup. I wasn't given any details of how long we have been together but in the dream it showed a very hurtful ending and how hard it was for me to concentrate on work.

Well it turns out then I have confirmation through the dream that I am doing the right thing to stay as far away from her as possible and don't entertain anymore ideas on getting anything started with her.

I am glad I am having these bad dreams about her because it helps me arm myself emotionally and mentally so that if I am ever tempted I will have the strength to resist since I will remember the dream. I have written the dream down and keeping it in my head. This is already helping me slowly get over her.

We probably would have had a good start to our relationship but a hurtful finish. How it finishes is just as important as how it starts.

At least I am prepared on what to do if she ever does ask me out or even ask me to grab coffee with her. I will make up an excuse not to go with her because I don't want any doors to open up to where I might get sucked into a relationship. No contact beyond what is necessary for work. Thank God for giving me a heads up this early even if it isn't what I wanted to hear.

Well, I believe dreams can sometimes be a message about something...then there's times that dreams are like a magnification of what's going on in our head.

And, your post above ^^ supports the latter - which is, you are still so adamant about stopping yourself from dating your crush that you dreamt about it...

I think I'm gonna stop reading/responding to your threads...I literally am getting drained from your ambivalence about someone you dissed w/o even sitting down with them for a coffee...But, that's ok, I'll pray for you.:bunny: