Prayer and the Holy Spirit

I have experienced a massive shift in my personal life just in the last 2 months or so. This is in regard to my healing after my divorce and, more importantly, my ability to let go of resentment and unforgiveness. I have asked the Holy Spirit how this has happened, and why it seems like it was sudden instead of gradual. The Holy Spirit has directed me to believe that it was because of the prayers of people who care about me and that God had to allow a season of suffering and damage to me. I am thankful for where I am now and thankful for God's goodness. If anyone is experiencing trials, the best (and only) thing you can do is pray and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

• Like 6

I also wonder if it seems so sudden because when we truly focus on petition/prayer, it goes from me-centered to God-centered?

and yes, it's amazing what being the focus of someone's prayer can do for a person. For me, it's a very humbling experience to know that someone thinks of me *that much* to lift me up, and suddenly, my initial problem seems small in comparison :love:

• Like 2
pureinheart
I have experienced a massive shift in my personal life just in the last 2 months or so. This is in regard to my healing after my divorce and, more importantly, my ability to let go of resentment and unforgiveness. I have asked the Holy Spirit how this has happened, and why it seems like it was sudden instead of gradual. The Holy Spirit has directed me to believe that it was because of the prayers of people who care about me and that God had to allow a season of suffering and damage to me. I am thankful for where I am now and thankful for God's goodness. If anyone is experiencing trials, the best (and only) thing you can do is pray and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

That's the only answer, right there- pray it through.

I am soooo glad you are doing so well! God Bless you Brotha. It's evident that you're happier. It's amazing how God can deliver us in this way. Thank you JESUS!

IMO God is doing quick works in these last days and hours...

Edited by pureinheart
  • Like 1
TheFinalWord

I am glad you have found peace brother.

One of my favorite passages in the bible is when Jesus is washing the disciples' feet. When He comes to Peter, Peter asks if Jesus will also wash his feet...

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.

Amen :)

• Like 3
I have experienced a massive shift in my personal life just in the last 2 months or so....The Holy Spirit has directed me to believe that it was because of the prayers of people who care about me and that God had to allow a season of suffering and damage to me.

Great news, M30. :)

I love how you say the Holy Spirit 'directed you'. I think that's such an important reminder about listening for God's answer through prayer. It's easy to get caught up in talking to God, asking for things, and going on and on. But sometimes we just have to listen.

And regarding a change, I agree with pih...your happiness is evident. :)

• Like 2
If anyone is experiencing trials, the best (and only) thing you can do is pray and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

So true! Prayer is powerful and God does listen to us. He might not answer them the way WE want but in the way best for us.

• Like 2
pureinheart
Great news, M30. :)

I love how you say the Holy Spirit 'directed you'. I think that's such an important reminder about listening for God's answer through prayer. It's easy to get caught up in talking to God, asking for things, and going on and on. But sometimes we just have to listen.

And regarding a change, I agree with pih...your happiness is evident. :)

Oh my gosh Pie, I know this is online, but I really can feel a light and airy feeling with M30- it's such a blessing because it feels like the peace rubs off! Just a blessing!

• Like 1
...a light and airy feeling!

PIH, I was going to use those exact words!!! For real, lol. :)

I completely agree!

• Like 1
pureinheart
PIH, I was going to use those exact words!!! For real, lol. :)

I completely agree!

No way! Well, those must be M30's words for the rest of his life- we confirmed it!

• Like 2
Well, those must be M30's words for the rest of his life- we confirmed it!

There you have it, M30. It's been confirmed, for the rest of your life.

;):D;)

Man, we're awesome, pih (heehee) :)

• Like 2
pureinheart
There you have it, M30. It's been confirmed, for the rest of your life.

;):D;)

Man, we're awesome, pih (heehee) :)

:D we are, aren't we:D

• Like 1
pureinheart
BS!!! I call bluff! Are you guys serious? Lol

As serious as Jesus's resurrection! M30, you are a major blessing to us. I learn more in a few sentences than hours of teaching. One major issue I had was the need to defend God constantly and feeling inadequate when tough, yet reasonable questions are asked. Some things just can't be answered yet, the information has not been revealed. Also, I felt like I was a traitor where God is concerned by thinking some of His ways are strange and unusual, and felt like I had to come up with reasonable explanations. I don't feel offended at all anymore. It's nice to be able to say, hey, you're right and not feel like I've lost my salvation or something.

I have learning disabilities and difficulties with comprehension. You have an unusual ability to speak to all walks of life, cultures, disabilities, highly intelligent and so on …I've really never seen anything like it.

• Like 2
  • Author
As serious as Jesus's resurrection! M30, you are a major blessing to us. I learn more in a few sentences than hours of teaching. One major issue I had was the need to defend God constantly and feeling inadequate when tough, yet reasonable questions are asked. Some things just can't be answered yet, the information has not been revealed. Also, I felt like I was a traitor where God is concerned by thinking some of His ways are strange and unusual, and felt like I had to come up with reasonable explanations. I don't feel offended at all anymore. It's nice to be able to say, hey, you're right and not feel like I've lost my salvation or something.

I have learning disabilities and difficulties with comprehension. You have an unusual ability to speak to all walks of life, cultures, disabilities, highly intelligent and so on …I've really never seen anything like it.

*pops inflated head*

Lol, alright seriously. If you want me to be honest, if you're right in your comments about me, it's only because I'm a slow learner and I struggle to comprehend things. But when I do, I think I usually wind up being able to get it across to people who also struggle. Don't they say the true geniuses are the worse teachers? Case in point that I'm nothing special, lol.

• Like 2
pureinheart
*pops inflated head*

Lol, alright seriously. If you want me to be honest, if you're right in your comments about me, it's only because I'm a slow learner and I struggle to comprehend things. But when I do, I think I usually wind up being able to get it across to people who also struggle. Don't they say the true geniuses are the worse teachers? Case in point that I'm nothing special, lol.

Well, you're special to us;) You remind me of my dad, mostly his teaching and speaking style. What would take the average person a book, he'd narrow it down in a couple of sentences. His intelligence was never measured as in IQ, although I had heard from family members and others that he was well over the genius level.

He received his education from Ohio State University in the 40's by sitting in on a full schedule of classes. My family was too poor to afford University, so he got the education without the certificate. His passion was aircraft so ended up as one of the big wigs at the company I hired in at…bet you can't guess how I ended up in aircraft;)

He said calculus is easy…ok:confused: like you he was patient and could explain difficult, confusing things simply. I think you know where I'm going with this, and think I must disagree with the old saying:laugh:

• Author

I only had my IQ tested once in elementary school but it came back kind of low since I had ADHD and couldn't focus. I still have the same problem as an adult. My attention is like a laser and I can't focus on things that I don't care about. This is both very good and very bad.

Is your dad still with us or no?

pureinheart
I only had my IQ tested once in elementary school but it came back kind of low since I had ADHD and couldn't focus. I still have the same problem as an adult. My attention is like a laser and I can't focus on things that I don't care about. This is both very good and very bad.

Is your dad still with us or no?

No, he passed several years ago. You know, what you describe, are some of the very reasons I could not sit still in school. There were subjects, and subjects within a subject that I simply could not understand. I wonder now if it was like you said, I didn't care about those subjects- no interest.

Now there are several interests, but I have difficulty when switching subjects.

With what you are saying, I have to wonder if IQ tests are really a good measure of intelligence. There was a thread some time back that questioned this also. In your case I would definitely say the test was not accurate…well I mean it may be one way to measure intelligence, but it certainly was not able to accurately record yours.

• Author
No, he passed several years ago. You know, what you describe, are some of the very reasons I could not sit still in school. There were subjects, and subjects within a subject that I simply could not understand. I wonder now if it was like you said, I didn't care about those subjects- no interest.

Now there are several interests, but I have difficulty when switching subjects.

With what you are saying, I have to wonder if IQ tests are really a good measure of intelligence. There was a thread some time back that questioned this also. In your case I would definitely say the test was not accurate…well I mean it may be one way to measure intelligence, but it certainly was not able to accurately record yours.

I believe there are different types of intelligence. For some reason, I'm thinking the developmental psych class I took said there were 11. (If someone knows the correct number or the psychologist, please correct me.)

Anyway, back in elementary school I recall them giving us some kind of IQ test and, instead of caring about it, I just wanted to goof around and throw paper balls around the room. I was a clown and had behavior problems. I thought it was funny at the time but now I wish I could apologize to all my poor teachers.

• Author
How?

[10 characters]

The Holy Spirit interacted with the material world in the fashion of Einstein's Unified Field Theory, affecting the interneurons within my cerebral cortex, causing the creation of networks of neuropeptides which produced certain thoughts explaining how God brought me through a trial.

[10 characters]

:p

Edited by M30USA
  • Author
Pretty much what I'd guessed.

Hearing Voices

Explaining the mechanism by which something happens is completely different than making a statement about its meaning or importance. Sure, you can call it "hearing voices", but that means nothing and is irrelevant.

"We are apt to think we could bear another's cross better than our own; but that is best which is appointed us, and we ought to make the best of it."

• Author
"We are apt to think we could bear another's cross better than our own; but that is best which is appointed us, and we ought to make the best of it."

From where did that thought originate in your brain? If it's a quote from someone else, please explain the mechanism by which your brain agreed with it and thought to quote it.

From where did that thought originate in your brain?

Sorry, I wasn't under an fMRI at the time.

If it's a quote from someone else

You don't know it? Good old Matthew Henry...

please explain the mechanism by which your brain agreed with it and thought to quote it.

Sorry I really didn't give it that much thought, I knew it, it was apt - you think you're way, I think in the real world, and never the twain shall meet (oops another quote [ Kipling]).