"The Maker's Diet" - Eating Pork

Has anyone read the book The Maker's Diet? I was just curious. I haven't gotten through the entire book or anything, not even close. I wanted to see if anyone else has read it, and if so, what your take is.

It recommends that you do not eat pork...and it goes into detail as to why you shouldn't. It quotes from the BIBLE. It gets into how pork is a major cause for diseases. It is pretty interesting.

I've really been trying to steer clear of pork, but it's a little hard. I've definitely cut back.

Any takers?

I don't know enough about the diet to call it BS, I think you should ask a doctor.

As for Pork causing diseases, that's outdated. Around the time that the Bible was written, there was a pandemic of trichinosis because Pork couldn't be properly cleaned, cooked, refrigerated, etc.,--Nowadays we know how to prepare Pork so that's a non-issue.

I would agree with the previous post.Did you know the methods used in raising chickens is far more frightening from a health standpoint. If your really against eating pork mainly because of your faith, then by all means don't. But will it be possible to live each day strictly based on how the bible was written? Impossible in today's world, I say always keep an open heart, always try and do the right thing, and you can eat pork. It's what's for dinner.

• Author

I really don't eat chicken either. And have never had seafood. The smell disgusts me. But anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else had read this book or heard of this diet. Thanks for the replies.

"Diets" are get-rich-quick schemes. Anybody can write a book full of bull and, if they call it a 'diet' book, it will sell thousands of copies.

Pork is no worse than any other meat today. Do you know that your hamburger could have beef from a dozen different cows in it?

Oh, and if you want to live by the Bible, you'll have to stone your kids to death when they disobey you...

A good diet comes from eating verity of food.

Personally, I don't like to eat meat all the time, so I eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

However, I eat Beef, pork, chicken, seafood...they are all good source of protein and has nutrients that your body needs.

All these diets books that tells you to eat only certain foods will limit you from being healthy.

Aloha Paradise........I completely agree with you on the variety of foods to eat, the fruits and veggies and meats - mostly mine are chicken, seafood - for the omega 3's., and raw fish yummy. Being from the island we have the great opportunity to eat like that, we just don't take it over the Pali with us :)

As far as the pork goes, I can't tell you if it works or not, but many people are cutting back on meats in general, not just pork. Pork is protein, and I eat it stir fryed after cutting off the visible fats.

Do which ever one works for you. Fat diets come and go with the waistline. Healthy choices are a lifetime journey.