The Holy Spirit is working and moving

Just wanted to share how God has been moving in the lives of people I am close to. My sister, who has been an atheist for 40+ years, suddenly began to ask me and my brothers some very searching spiritual questions. These questions weren't typical ones you hear. They clearly showed sincere searching. Next thing I know she buys a study Bible and is currently reading it.

Additionally, both my best friends in the last two years have also become believers and evidently study the Word now.

If you had asked me 10 years ago if I thought this would ever happen, I would have said no--especially regarding my sister. She was a regular arguer in favor of evolution, has a PhD in biology, and never considered unseen things in the world but merely talked about natural "scientific" things. This change from completely naturalistic to suddenly having eyes for spiritual matters can only be attributed to the Holy Spirit. It cannot and does not happen in the natural order of things.

Just wanted to share this and show there is hope for truly anyone. When the Bible says "with God all things are possible", the context is specifically referring to salvation and rebirth by the spirit--not job promotions, wealth, etc. The biggest miracle, even more than creation itself, is when God takes a person who hates him and wants nothing to do with him then changes them into a believer who seeks to praise him.

• Like 8
pureinheart

Yep, my friend from HS, who was into the occult a good portion of her life just got saved about a year and a half ago.

We hooked back up in 2009 and I never pushed her, but she knew where I stood. Right around the middle of 2011 she was like on fire, takes her Bible wherever she goes.

Most of my friends from back in the day are saved now, most within the last 5 years.

You know, with online forums mostly being secular, one might think "the world" is mostly secular, but from where I sit there's a lot of saved people (or people that you can tell quite spiritual) that I run into daily.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yep, my friend from HS, who was into the occult a good portion of her life just got saved about a year and a half ago.

We hooked back up in 2009 and I never pushed her, but she knew where I stood. Right around the middle of 2011 she was like on fire, takes her Bible wherever she goes.

Most of my friends from back in the day are saved now, most within the last 5 years.

You know, with online forums mostly being secular, one might think "the world" is mostly secular, but from where I sit there's a lot of saved people (or people that you can tell quite spiritual) that I run into daily.

So true. And one thing I no longer do is listen to whether or not a person labels themselves as "Christian". Instead, I listen to their opinion about Jesus and what he means to them.

• Like 1
Ross MwcFan

I love it when religious people become atheists, it shows that there is hope and that people can be truely saved from living an immoral life worshipping a fictional evil dictator.

• Author

"With the merciful you show yourself merciful;

with the blameless man you show yourself blameless;

with the purified you show yourself pure;

and with the crooked you make yourself seem tortuous.

For you save a humble people,

but the haughty eyes you bring down."

(Psalm 18:25-27)

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 1

Oh, wow M30, that is really great news!!!! Gives me hope about some of my family members :). It's funny that your sister was so anti-God. But you know what they say about those who protest the loudest...(or something like that, lol :cool:).

And you're so right that with God, all things are possible. Paul was one of the most anti-Jesus guys around. Yet God completely transformed him. However, his life continued to be filled with what we consider pain and difficulties. My pastor was reading a list of all of the trials that Paul faced (see below). Despite all of the horrific things that he went through, and the terrible way his life ended, he ultimately had the most amazing, incomparable gift all along -- salvation.

From jesusalive

Some of Paul's trials:

1. Put in prison over and over
  2. Flogged innumerable times
  3. Faced death over and over
  4. Received 39 lashes 5 times
  5. Beaten with rods 3 times
  6. Stoned once
  7. Shipwrecked 3 times
  8. Spent a day and night in the sea
  9. Was in continual danger at all times
  10. Was in pain, hungry, thirsty, naked and weary often

• Like 2
  • Author
Oh, wow M30, that is really great news!!!! Gives me hope about some of my family members :). It's funny that your sister was so anti-God. But you know what they say about those who protest the loudest...(or something like that, lol :cool:).

And you're so right that with God, all things are possible. Paul was one of the most anti-Jesus guys around. Yet God completely transformed him. However, his life continued to be filled with what we consider pain and difficulties. My pastor was reading a list of all of the trials that Paul faced (see below). Despite all of the horrific things that he went through, and the terrible way his life ended, he ultimately had the most amazing, incomparable gift all along -- salvation.

Oh, that Paul! If he had only known about the lavish blessings of God, he wouldn't have lived under his circumstances but would have lived in victory! What was he thinking? (Kidding.)

Oh, that Paul! If he had only known about the lavish blessings of God, he wouldn't have lived under his circumstances but would have lived in victory! What was he thinking? (Kidding.)

Silly Paul!

;)

Prayers for your sister! I hope she can know the peace and love of God soon.

And hey, you never know who might be next...

skydiveaddict
The bible is a big load of crap. If anything, it proves that god is cruel

Seems that way sometimes to me as well. Even though I'm a christian, I seem to suffer from doubt and an almost constant spiritual crisis.

Just wanted to share how God has been moving in the lives of people I am close to. My sister, who has been an atheist for 40+ years, suddenly began to ask me and my brothers some very searching spiritual questions. These questions weren't typical ones you hear. They clearly showed sincere searching. Next thing I know she buys a study Bible and is currently reading it.

Additionally, both my best friends in the last two years have also become believers and evidently study the Word now.

If you had asked me 10 years ago if I thought this would ever happen, I would have said no--especially regarding my sister. She was a regular arguer in favor of evolution, has a PhD in biology, and never considered unseen things in the world but merely talked about natural "scientific" things. This change from completely naturalistic to suddenly having eyes for spiritual matters can only be attributed to the Holy Spirit. It cannot and does not happen in the natural order of things.

Just wanted to share this and show there is hope for truly anyone. When the Bible says "with God all things are possible", the context is specifically referring to salvation and rebirth by the spirit--not job promotions, wealth, etc. The biggest miracle, even more than creation itself, is when God takes a person who hates him and wants nothing to do with him then changes them into a believer who seeks to praise him.

Yes. When his children is ready to listen, the lord will appear. As always, his children will only begin to listen in times of despair and deep darkness. I used to hate god and don't believe in religion a single bit. Through many life altering and challenging events, I had been blessed by the holy spirit many times. I did not think this could be possible. The blissful feeling of being blessed is so out of this world.

Seems that way sometimes to me as well. Even though I'm a christian, I seem to suffer from doubt and an almost constant spiritual crisis.

The Parable of the Talents explains it quite clearly that you can have a joyful relationship with god or you can have an oppressive relationship with god. You can not have both.

Doubt comes from fear. My question to you is, why do you fear god? Do you fear god will exact punishment on you when you commit many unduly sins? Your hard life is due to this?

We humans aren't perfectly polished. We make mistakes. Forgiveness give us the tool to accept our lord and be with him in a joyful relationship because it is forgiveness that allows us to accept that we are only human beings. Let the lord do its bidding on us and not let our minds think god is always judging us.

pureinheart

This is because you are a threat to the enemy- a big one, meaning you are getting hit hard and heavy via the mind. The heavens are open this night and I got your back Brotha.

Casting down all vain imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God and pulling into captivity every thought unto the obedience of Christ Jesus.

For God did not give a spirit of fear, but power, love and a sound mind.

Edited by pureinheart
  • Like 1