need prayers

need prayers. no smart, insensitive comments. grieving from the loss of my bunny. i am alone a lot he was my friend. suffered from loss of love and now this. he wasnt old or sick. he was healthy and thriving. i went away for thanksgiving and had my daughter and a friend feed him while i was gone. wish i took him with me. no one realizes how gentle you have to be with a bunny no matter how much i tell them. i feel strongly my friend and her daughter did something wrong with the bunny. fed him something they weren't suppose to. i left full instructions. when i came home he was lying flat in the cage..spasmed and then 5 mins later lifeless. i know he didnt have a heart attack. their digestive track is sensitive and you have to holed them right. ug...there are no answers here but i know...i know i know...this wasnt "natural causes". please say a prayer for my bunny. i pray to God i can find another little friend like him. but it wont be him. i am too sad for words. so sick that people cant care for something the way i would. makes me wish to God that i didnt take any trip away from my home this thanksgiving weekend

HokeyReligions

I am so sorry & yes I'll say a prayer for you. I understand the love between species. I've loved my k-9 kids as much as my human kids. No one resented it. I understand that loss too. It's one thing to intellectually know you will outlive your non-human companion and to see them thru their full lives; and quite another to lose one in the manner you described. I lost my Dutchess on Oct. 2nd this year. It was not unexpected. She was very old. I lost my Katy on Oct. 28, 2010 and it was TOTALLY unexpected. She was only 9 and should have had another 4 - 5 years at least. While I'm grieving for both, the grief for Katy is totally different.

There are on-line grief counseling (look for Rainbow Bridge or even better (for me) Beyond Indigo.com. There are also in-person grief counselors who may be able to help you cope - contact your local SPCA or other animal shelters to see if there is anyone close to you.

My advice - take some time to grieve first before adopting another bunny. Let those who were to care for your bunny know how much it hurts you, but try not to be bitter. Educate them and maybe in that effort it will help your own grief.

• Author

thank you for your kind, compassionate thoughtful and even helpful response...hopefully eventually. i am grief stricken now. i feel i failed my rabbit buy not being here or getting home sooner. or expressing stronger to others how to care for him. but they took care of him before. but i felt i should em[phasize more. but i did too. its all so maddening and frustrating.

its killing me that my caretakers did not take care of this rabbit proper and do things that made them feel good and not what was good for my rabbit.

omg i just wish he were here. i miss him to the core and want to apologize to him. i wish he knew how sorry to God i am for anyway i failed him. i wish he were back. i cant stop crying. this house feels so empty without him. i miss hi personality. yes he had a unique personality. i feel he missed me when i was gone for 3 days

• Author

thank y bent. i know i shouldn't feel this way but i do. i feel like i lost my blessing of having him, because i needed to pay more attention to him and that i shouldn't have gone away. i knew no one could take as good care of him as me, being gentle and feeding him right.

please ask God to fill this horrible hole for me. this is a hard one to live with. this didnt have to happen i know it.

i feel people let me down with this bunyy and i let him down...

let the bunny down. i am sorry about your 4 legged son. :( thats so painful.

i lost a bunny i had for 7 years. i was so sad and empty then and worst of all...was struck down with an illness and current disability. the disability is a horrible one to me. quality of life threatening. so i prayed hard. and said "God I can not take this, please take this grief away". but i saw it coming the last time. my bunny so sick. this bunny was NOT sick at ALL!!!! he was healthy /vibrant...i know bunnies..trust me on this. anyway..when my first bunny of 7 years doed..we called this vet and was talking to him ansd he siad...just the day b4 someone brought a bunny in. and they gave him shots and all. he was found in manhattan. a wild rabbit. but only 1 year old or 2 years maybe. and i went to see him and so many wanted him and i prayed i would get him. and they gave it to me. (this is the bunny that after 4 years died today). i named him "hope" because he gave me hope with my disability. i knew him like the back of my hand after all these years. there was no good cause for him to die after i was away for 3 days.

i came home to him lasting 5 minutes..and then he expired. he was on his side...lifeless. i cant get answers from the persons who came in my house to feed him. i think they unintentionally might have did something. been too rough with him...maybe the daughter..something. but i dont know for usre..but have this gut feeling...something.

but i blame me for leaving him. and i feel this blessing was taken away by my own neglect to leave on vacation and not just stay home or try to bring him with me. i am asking for prayers that God has mercy and blesses me with taking away this utter grief and frustration, and helps me fill this empty hole with healing. they are like family members...in their own right,

• Author

i guess what i am trying to say is i had a bunny once for 7 years and he died after getting sick after 7 years. i saw it coming back them

i prayed and found this new one. i had him for 4 years. the worst years of my life. with the illness. but the best because of him. he gave me hope and i knew he was a gift and blessing from God.

i feel hopeless now. in more ways than one. it feels like a bigger loss than the first time because...this new bunny not only filled the void of the old bunny...but was like a sign of hope to me with my illness and just plain made me genuinely happy every time i looked at him. he was a easier rabbit to care for too ...and had this cute personality. i wish i could wake up from this nightmare. i still know of my current blessings..but that does NOT take away the grief and sadness and ..and anger that he was lost unnecessary and guild that i left him and not trusting my gut to stay and not go away.

Oh, Darling, I am so sorry, my heart is breaking for you and your sweet little bunny. I can relate to your grief, as I have lost a pet and was grief stricken beyond belief for many months afterwards.

I can so relate to the closeness you have felt with this sweet little soul in your life who gave you unconditional love and companionship during your darkest hours and brought such sweet innocence to your life. All pet lovers understand this bond, and I know how deep your grief must be right now.

There are online pet loss support groups, and I hope you will find one that suits you. I was on one for a long time and the people were the nicest imaginable. I even did chat for a while, and met with some of the online friends I had made and it was very comforting. There are also websites that might be able to help you find a support group in your area.

You can count on me to pray for you and your bunny's sweet little soul and know in your heart you did nothing wrong, life sometimes hands us a cruel blow, and this was not your fault. I know you probably may not want to ever speak or see that friend again, and I think you should seriously consider that you may need to delete her from your life, as the pain may be too great. Don't be afraid to do that if you feel you must.

So Sweet. So Small. So Soon. I am very sorry, Darling.

Sending love you way,

Grace

i guess what i am trying to say is i had a bunny once for 7 years and he died after getting sick after 7 years. i saw it coming back them

i prayed and found this new one. i had him for 4 years. the worst years of my life. with the illness. but the best because of him. he gave me hope and i knew he was a gift and blessing from God.

i feel hopeless now. in more ways than one. it feels like a bigger loss than the first time because...this new bunny not only filled the void of the old bunny...but was like a sign of hope to me with my illness and just plain made me genuinely happy every time i looked at him. he was a easier rabbit to care for too ...and had this cute personality. i wish i could wake up from this nightmare. i still know of my current blessings..but that does NOT take away the grief and sadness and ..and anger that he was lost unnecessary and guild that i left him and not trusting my gut to stay and not go away.

Is it possible to ask your vet to do an autopsy?

I feel for you, I went through losing my cat less than 3 months ago. She was fine, then within afew days so sick and then gone. Out of the blue. I don't know if she ate something or was poisoned.. Not knowing for sure what happened is upsetting. Part of me wishes that I asked vet..,,,

I am sorry for your loss, good thoughts and prayers to you... Cry and look at pictures, any videos that have. As sad as it was for me, looking at the videos actually helped me feel close to her again.

Keep posting and take care.

need prayers. no smart, insensitive comments. grieving from the loss of my bunny. i am alone a lot he was my friend. suffered from loss of love and now this. he wasnt old or sick. he was healthy and thriving. i went away for thanksgiving and had my daughter and a friend feed him while i was gone. wish i took him with me. no one realizes how gentle you have to be with a bunny no matter how much i tell them. i feel strongly my friend and her daughter did something wrong with the bunny. fed him something they weren't suppose to. i left full instructions. when i came home he was lying flat in the cage..spasmed and then 5 mins later lifeless. i know he didnt have a heart attack. their digestive track is sensitive and you have to holed them right. ug...there are no answers here but i know...i know i know...this wasnt "natural causes". please say a prayer for my bunny. i pray to God i can find another little friend like him. but it wont be him. i am too sad for words. so sick that people cant care for something the way i would. makes me wish to God that i didnt take any trip away from my home this thanksgiving weekend

Awwwwwww (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) I am sooooo sorry for your loss. I bet your Bunny was precious...hey you got my prayers and then some...your Bunny is with God and all of the angels and other animals....still I know that's little consolation right now, although someday it will be......

Oh, Darling, I am so sorry, my heart is breaking for you and your sweet little bunny. I can relate to your grief, as I have lost a pet and was grief stricken beyond belief for many months afterwards.

I can so relate to the closeness you have felt with this sweet little soul in your life who gave you unconditional love and companionship during your darkest hours and brought such sweet innocence to your life. All pet lovers understand this bond, and I know how deep your grief must be right now.

There are online pet loss support groups, and I hope you will find one that suits you. I was on one for a long time and the people were the nicest imaginable. I even did chat for a while, and met with some of the online friends I had made and it was very comforting. There are also websites that might be able to help you find a support group in your area.

You can count on me to pray for you and your bunny's sweet little soul and know in your heart you did nothing wrong, life sometimes hands us a cruel blow, and this was not your fault. I know you probably may not want to ever speak or see that friend again, and I think you should seriously consider that you may need to delete her from your life, as the pain may be too great. Don't be afraid to do that if you feel you must.

So Sweet. So Small. So Soon. I am very sorry, Darling.

Sending love you way,

Grace

This is one of the most compassionate posts I've ever seen:love:

Is it possible to ask your vet to do an autopsy?

I feel for you, I went through losing my cat less than 3 months ago. She was fine, then within afew days so sick and then gone. Out of the blue. I don't know if she ate something or was poisoned.. Not knowing for sure what happened is upsetting. Part of me wishes that I asked vet..,,,

I am sorry for your loss, good thoughts and prayers to you... Cry and look at pictures, any videos that have. As sad as it was for me, looking at the videos actually helped me feel close to her again.

Keep posting and take care.

OH NO...oh WWIU I am soooo very sorry for your kitty cat:(:(:(:(. That happened to a couple of my animals and one was my kitty cat...she started having bathroom issues (to say it kindly) and then she was gone. I was thinking it could have been cat parvo or some virus because she was indoor/outdoor kitty...do you think it could have been something like that?????

Recently I had done a lot of research because I had a really sick puppy dog...hours and hours on the internet, my daughter researching simutaniously also... many vet visits...man that was horrible. Finally she was diagnosed and the vet took her (had me sign all rights to her over) and did the much needed treatment.

You know, pets are the most precious gifts from God outside of babies and people ofcourse. When most pets are ill they become very quiet and withdrawn...they don't complain, it's just breaks my heart to see an unhappy pet...in fact we just rescued a malnurished little doggy. I just can't handle pets being abused, so seeing all of the wonderful people on this thread is encouraging...

please ask God to fill this horrible hole for me. this is a hard one to live with. this didnt have to happen i know it.

i feel people let me down with this bunyy and i let him down...

i lost a bunny i had for 7 years. i was so sad and empty then and worst of all...was struck down with an illness and current disability. the disability is a horrible one to me. quality of life threatening. so i prayed hard. and said "God I can not take this, please take this grief away". but i saw it coming the last time. my bunny so sick. this bunny was NOT sick at ALL!!!! he was healthy /vibrant...i know bunnies..trust me on this. anyway..when my first bunny of 7 years doed..we called this vet and was talking to him ansd he siad...just the day b4 someone brought a bunny in. and they gave him shots and all. he was found in manhattan. a wild rabbit. but only 1 year old or 2 years maybe. and i went to see him and so many wanted him and i prayed i would get him. and they gave it to me. (this is the bunny that after 4 years died today). i named him "hope" because he gave me hope with my disability. i knew him like the back of my hand after all these years. there was no good cause for him to die after i was away for 3 days.

i came home to him lasting 5 minutes..and then he expired. he was on his side...lifeless. i cant get answers from the persons who came in my house to feed him. i think they unintentionally might have did something. been too rough with him...maybe the daughter..something. but i dont know for usre..but have this gut feeling...something.

but i blame me for leaving him. and i feel this blessing was taken away by my own neglect to leave on vacation and not just stay home or try to bring him with me. i am asking for prayers that God has mercy and blesses me with taking away this utter grief and frustration, and helps me fill this empty hole with healing. they are like family members...in their own right,

Possibly yes, your Bunny was not taken care of properly in your absense...if this is the case the question might be, was it intentional...mostlikely not. You blame yourself for not being there.

You left more than ample instructions concerning your little precious Bunnies care, you were responsible and did not intentionally set out to hurt him.

On both counts I see an accident, an unfortunate accident that is hurting you greatly that if only time could turn back everything would be different, maybe...that is, if infact a mistake was made here...you don't know love, so my prayer would be for peace of mind, putting the torment to rest.

See, even with accidents, God is still in control and we are not...we do not have power over life or death according to what my Bible speaks to me, so please don't blame yourself anymore (I know it's hard not to) because you don't have to...try to feel blessed for the time you did have with him and that he had such a loving, caring home...you did a good job with your Bunny.

• 3 weeks later...
BetheButterfly

Hello,

What is your bunny's name? Yes I will say a prayer and I'm so sorry... I have a precious little dog who is so special to me so I know how you feel. I do hope that animals go to Heaven! They are precious and innocent and yes you are right, they need good care. Of course you cannot find another one like him, but you can bless another bunny with your care and love that one too.

Please be comforted in knowing that your bunny knew you care for him and was blessed with you during his time on earth. Please also do not get mad at your daughter... sometimes accidents happen and hopefully nobody on purpose hurt him. I do suggest next time taking your bunny friend with you, though I understand that's hard to do. Or, there are places where professionals take care of animals while people are gone, like a doggy daycare place. (I don't know if there's places like that for bunnies? However, it's always good to research the place and make sure they are kind experts in taking good care of the animals.

What a lovely thread!

I will light a candle and send you some positive thoughts and prayers OP.

Maybe call a prayerline where you live and talk to someone one on one and receive prayer that way too? I think you need to talk about your illness too.

Yeah, we lost a bunny named 'beauty' a few years back and so I understand some of your grief.

*Hugs*

God's got your back.

Take care,

Eve x

• Author

i cant thank all of you enough for your sensitivity and kindness and thoughts and prayers. i am sorry for all your losses as well. i am looking into getting another bunny i def miss my old friend and pal though.

i wish you all blessings and happy holidays. thank you again for your compassion each and everyone of you.

ps i have not gotten alerts from LS in some time. so i wasnt even aware of all the responses here.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

just wanted to thak everyone again for all their kindness and prayers. it meant a lot to me. i havent replaced my bunny yet. hes really not replaceable. but i am looking at another bunny. i just didnt want to take for granted all your kind words and prayers. you guys really helped when i was feeling in the thick of my pain. thanks again!