Jesus tested me today

Feelin Frisky

I met a woman. I was waiting for a prescription to be filled at a super-market pharmacy and she sat down next to me to wait too. I didn't notice her all that much but I decided to strike up a conversation. Well, she turned out to very appealing as I talked with her. My mind went into "hmmmm" mode. I then told her that I was annoyed with the service there because they made me wait for something they never had in stock in the first place. With that she said "I'm praying to the Lord that Jesus take all your pain away and keep you blessed in the comfort of the Holy Spirit". I smiled and thanked her and said that I need all the "grace" I can get. Inside however I thought she was certifiably insane. So, I faced the question: "could I have some kind of fling with someone who regularly spoke in terms like that?" And the answer was that it just wouldn't be right of me to have sex with someone so "religiositous" because I don't respect the belief at all. It's not that I don't respect the person--ironically it is BECAUSE I respect the person that I think it wrong to pretend I believe what she believes just to get some possible sex off her. Jesus tested me and I think Jesus would approve? Could you sex somebody up who you thought was a doddering religious fool? :p

BECAUSE I respect the person

who you thought was a doddering religious fool

:confused:

So you respect her but think she is a doddering religious fool....explain.

whichwayisup

:laugh:

Jesus tested me today

I read this as Jesus texted me today! The heat is getting to me here.

nyc_guy2003

You're not getting any from this type of chick even if you wanted it.

shadowofman

I have a new girlfriend that talks about spirituality stuff all the time. I humor her, but she knows that I don't believe anything she says. Never thought I could handle spending much time with a person like this, but she also has a PhD in phyto-chemistry. So she's no dummy. She just happened to have done a lot of hallucinogenics.

I would never pretend to be someone else for some ass though. The fact that I am such an opinionated and honest personality is part of my appeal.

• Author
Feelin Frisky
:confused:

So you respect her but think she is a doddering religious fool....explain.

It's like this, I didn't respect "her" in particular, I just respected that she's a human being and doesn't deserve to be deceived for my own gratification. I respected her and respected myself--even though some may fault my characterization of religiosity as certifiably insane or a doddering religious fool. There was a lot more to her prayer over me and though I did show a thankful face inside I was think "holy Fing Shi+" what a dingbat. Needless to say I'm a non-believer. But I think my decision not to exploit here (which I think was certainly possible given the other niceties was one the real Christ would rubber stamp at the right thing. A million other guys--some true believers, some mild believers, others non-believers would have thought totally about themselves and not cared about saying whatever to get her into the sack as quickly as possible and then slink out. The moral of my story is that I'm what you call your "spiritual atheist". I do value the story of Jesus but I think he would reject the worship people pay to him in favor of folks taking the risks he did to "do the right thing". I just won't have any talk of "super-nature" in my life--or at least not until I have exhausted all of the mysteries of actual nature. And there are so many that deserve "natural considerations" before anyone jumps the tracks and concludes the involvement of some sort of "super-nature". Peace.
  • Author
Feelin Frisky
:laugh:

I read this as Jesus texted me today! The heat is getting to me here.

Hah. Signs of the times. Truth to me (as an atheist) is that what made Jesus, Jesus is inside all of us and therefore in a way, what made Jesus, Jesus could some day come to me or from me in a text message.

• Author
Feelin Frisky
You're not getting any from this type of chick even if you wanted it.

Why say wretched thing like that? Really. I wouldn't have ventured this at all if I didn't get the sense that she was there for me if I wanted to go that way. And insane people often come on like this with sex on the mind. I've seen this before.

Edited by Feelin Frisky
  • Author
Feelin Frisky
...She just happened to have done a lot of hallucinogenics....

Me too. Many deep trips. It's a wonderful thing but only if you're very psychologically sound. It's been 19 years since my last excursion. I'm not recommending anyone try the street drugs that are out there now. But for me the lysergic acid experience was indeed a spiritual journey where I came face to face with myself and learned a lot of secrets about how deep and wide he human mind really is.

shadowofman

Yeah, but all of her trips were conducted within the Native American Church so it's sort of weird. I have done a lot of things myself, but I can't take anecdotal spiritual experience as anything other than human and chemical experiences. I sort of have a problem with the words people use to describe things. shrug

• Author
Feelin Frisky
Yeah, but all of her trips were conducted within the Native American Church so it's sort of weird. I have done a lot of things myself, but I can't take anecdotal spiritual experience as anything other than human and chemical experiences. I sort of have a problem with the words people use to describe things. shrug

As far as the word "spirituality" goes I think it comes down to the natural view versus the super-natural view and the super-natural view has dominated things so much that believers think they own the concept. But spirituality as something only part of nature works too--I see it as simply relating to human beings suspending their animal impulses and exercising choice that gives other people welcome if not facilitation. Praying to an man-like animal god to intercede and customize one's reality for him or her is not spirituality--getting off the knees and getting on the ball and orchestrating positive change IS spirituality.

shadowofman

I guess. I just cringe at the sound of the word spirit because I immediately think of a ghost. Maybe I should train myself to think of "spirit" like "in good spirits".

Fogyagreero

Hi everybody! I just want to say you THANKS for this excellent forum, there are so many interesting information here! One more time - thanks.

I think nyc_guy is right, you you don't have a "prayer" with this woman, lmao.

From

...I decided to strike up a conversation....she said "I'm praying to the Lord that Jesus take all your pain away and keep you blessed in the comfort of the Holy Spirit"
to
...the sense that she was there for me [sexually available] if I wanted to go that way...
is quite a leap.

She was just being polite in responding to your conversation. If she had any idea what you're thinking I believe she would have responded quite differently.

Just because someone is overly religious doesn't mean they won't sleep around. That's what some of these people do to throw you off. Okay so they are "religious" but sometimes I think some use that as an excuse just so they don't have to admit to anything.

So maybe a few aren't the sharpest Christians in the bible. lol.

I met a woman. I was waiting for a prescription to be filled at a super-market pharmacy and she sat down next to me to wait too. I didn't notice her all that much but I decided to strike up a conversation. Well, she turned out to very appealing as I talked with her. My mind went into "hmmmm" mode. I then told her that I was annoyed with the service there because they made me wait for something they never had in stock in the first place. With that she said "I'm praying to the Lord that Jesus take all your pain away and keep you blessed in the comfort of the Holy Spirit". I smiled and thanked her and said that I need all the "grace" I can get. Inside however I thought she was certifiably insane. So, I faced the question: "could I have some kind of fling with someone who regularly spoke in terms like that?" And the answer was that it just wouldn't be right of me to have sex with someone so "religiositous" because I don't respect the belief at all. It's not that I don't respect the person--ironically it is BECAUSE I respect the person that I think it wrong to pretend I believe what she believes just to get some possible sex off her. Jesus tested me and I think Jesus would approve? Could you sex somebody up who you thought was a doddering religious fool? :p

She deserves better:laugh:

So, I faced the question: "could I have some kind of fling with someone who regularly spoke in terms like that?" And the answer was that it just wouldn't be right of me to have sex with someone so "religiositous" because I don't respect the belief at all.

Could you sex somebody up who you thought was a doddering religious fool? :p

Frisky, when I was younger (about 19) I had a mormon guy come around my house for a month straight to speak to me about Mormon stuff just because I thought he was ooober hot! :laugh: It didn't take me long to realize however that Mormonism is sooooo not for me. I just liked looking at him!

I've always thought that you are a genuinely good person by the way you express yourself here. I think that it's commendable that you did not pursue anything sexual with this lady out of respect for her as an individual. She may have gone for it seeing as how you're such a charmer and all, but it would have not been in her best interest since she could never truly convince you to follow her linear religious beliefs.

whichwayisup
Hah. Signs of the times. Truth to me (as an atheist) is that what made Jesus, Jesus is inside all of us and therefore in a way, what made Jesus, Jesus could some day come to me or from me in a text message.

Love it. My thoughts exactly.

Could you sex somebody up who you thought was a doddering religious fool? :p

I wouldn't ever consider getting involved with someone who is religious in any way shape or form....hot or not,I can't respect people who live in a delusional word.I can't be bothered to humor them either, as it's just so ridiculous and about controlling the masses with fear and guilt!

"Jesus" wasn't testing you,your own conscience and common sense to not get involved with someone you consider certifiably insane, stopped you from pushing it too far.

You probably should figure he tests you every day.

You should probably figure out he doesn't even exist.

Can't you handle the reality of death with some dignity or live with character and conscience without false promises/threats of heaven or hell to keep you in line?

Frisky, when I was younger (about 19) I had a mormon guy come around my house for a month straight to speak to me about Mormon stuff just because I thought he was ooober hot! :laugh: It didn't take me long to realize however that Mormonism is sooooo not for me. I just liked looking at him!

Haha, I did that, too, at that age! There were two of them who were both good looking and at the time the fact that they were American was pretty fascinating, too :laugh: So me and this friend of mine would invite them for coffee and cake. However, they caught on to our priorities after a couple of meetings so that was the end of our 'conversion project' :lmao: