For those of you who are familiar with Sylvia Browne....

I have been reading a lot about Sylvia Browne. For those of you who are familiar with her work, I'd be interested to know what you think about her teachings, particularly her theory of reincarnation.

• Author

Has anyone read any of her books or seen her on TV. I am usually ver skeptical too but she seems to be right on the mark. I'm not sure about her reincarnation theories but it does seem to make some sense.

She believes that we keep coming back because we have things to learn to perfect our spirtuality.

"Life is hard enough the first time. Why would anybody want to go through it again?"

I would think you would get better at it each time...and your Social Security benefits would increase accordingly.

HokeyReligions

I've read some of her stuff. She can be very eloquent, but I don't believe her and I don't wholly believe in reincarnation. I don't necessarily believe in life after death either.

There is way too much about the function of the brain that we don't know. We could leave some kind of energy signature behind when we die and maybe that energy is abosorbed by someone else, or maybe it's sensed in some way and interpreted as a ghost or psychic something-or-other. Maybe some of us don't leave an energy signature behind - maybe the strength of the signal is related to adrenal gland and thats why some think that people who die violently come back as ghosts - their adrenal pumped a bunch right before death and that is converted to an energy that lingers. I don't know, but unique individuals coming back in another body is just too easy an answer.

In a nutshell that's what I think anyway. :)

• Author

"I don't know, but unique individuals coming back in another body is just too easy an answer. "

I'm curious as to why you think that would be too easy. Sounds kindof complicated to me. Surely you don't believe that this life is all there is.

i've read her a little. she expresses some beautiful concepts, and i admire people who want to contribute to art in their lifetimes. when it comes down to it, for me, i don't see a problem with thinking that this life is all we have, thus the daily choices we make and how we behave to others becomes *that* much more important.

so surely i do think this is all there is, but it's a lot, and i'm grateful for it.