how does god sees homosexuality in his eyes?

HokeyReligions

Which God? The Christian God?

It depends on who you ask - if you are a Christian, read your Bible, visit with ministers of different churches within the Christian faith and talk with them. This is such a hot debate. I don't know of any human who can speak FOR his God. Ministers try, but really they are there to interpret God's words to the people, and the interpretations can be very, very different. Talk to a lot of people and you'll eventually find an answer that you are comfortable and happy with.

I don't know if this is just from a homily or if it's actually said in the New Testament, but we're told to "love the sinner, hate the sin," and that God is a forgiving God. I think that God wants us to try to be the best that we can, and to use the free will that we have to make the "right decisions" in our lives. I don't think he "hates" homosexuals, much in the same way he doesn't "hate" any of his other children, but wants us to use wise judgment when faced with decisions.

Rush, I gave you the references. Read Leviticus. All of it. Don't get others to do the work for you. Investigate for yourself. Use your own brain. So few people do.

• Author

moimeme i plan on reading it when iget home i'm at work right now i just wanted to see how other people thoughts were on this subject thanks for the suggestions.god bless

it is hard to go by what the bible says, many try to fill in the blanks and create alternate meanings to passages... you must understand that back when it was created, in it's era, yes there was love... but marriage then was not based on it. it was a way to gain wealth, property, and ensured that a man's name would be passed on after he died. women at that time were thought of as property, and marriage was almost like an auction. it could turn a peasant into a wealthy estate owner. as we are told though, this God we've created, he is to watch over and tend to all of us and accept all of us... even the ones some view as outcasts. he is like a shepard...

- Yeti

You know, the Native American people of this continent have a very interesting theory when it comes to the concept of God, or the “Creator.”

They don’t believe that the “Great Spirit” is grandfatherly figure who sits in judgment over human beings. He is not a benevolent being who is either vengeful or forgiving.

Rather the “spirit” of the creator lives in all things, but especially within us. Most people refer to this as the human “soul.” Each one of us carries within ourselves the capacity to love and to hate --- The desire to create and the power to destroy. We have a conscious mind which allows us to choose for ourselves the difference between right and wrong --- to decide whether to judge our relatives or to forgive. To use our power for good or for evil.

It’s much like the Ying and Yang theory of other cultures. There is no heaven or hell. Rather Good and Evil, positive and negative, lives within each one of us. And it is up to each individual to choose which path to walk.

What’s even more interesting; they point out that this “spirit light” seems to glow more strongly in some people then in others… Those who walk the “good road.” That when we meet someone who is in touch with their positive side, who radiates with all that is good and decent within the human “soul”… we are drawn to them like moths to a flame, because it is in our inherent natures to be as close as we can to what we perceive as “God.”

They even go on to say that when many people, who share this same light, gather together in union for a single cause, then the presence of the “Great Spirit” grows stronger and we have the power to create our own miracles and accomplish impossible feats.

I suppose this is what George Bush may have been referring to when he was calling for “A Thousand Points of Light.”

The Lakota say that human beings have become so caught up in the fast-paced material world of today that they have forgotten this lesson and are becoming spiritually “bankrupt.” And those who are lost are trying to find “God” again by searching for alternative religions and even following false profits simply because their light seems to glow more brightly then their own. And all the while, we have forgotten to look within ourselves for that spiritual power, where the “Great Spirit” has been waiting for us to find him all along.

I think God sees homosexuals the way he sees heterosexuals. As human beings we're all pretty miuch the same and if he/she put us here it was to mess about the place and yes, to procreate, but since heterosexuals across the planet have had such enormous success with the procreation part I don't think he/she really cares if some of Earth's inhabitants skip that part of the journey.

I think HE loves you regardless. Hed have to in order to have so many different races an such out there. If you think He loves you, than He does, regardless.

JesusDiedForYourSins

In the Bible, the following scripture verses show that God does not view homosexuality as acceptable in his eyes:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Jude 1:7

What happened to Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities near them is an example for us of the punishment of eternal fire. The people of these cities suffered the same fate that God's people and the angels did, because they committed sexual sins and engaged in homosexual activities.

Leviticus 20:13

The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act and are guilty of a capital offense.

if you do accept the bible as a resource of evidence...

please do take the advice of previous posters seriously. read the *entire* bible, or ask someone knowledgable about the entire bible, who will give a balanced view of the viewpoints about sexuality in the bible. be critical (in a good scholarly way) about any viewpoint that only shows one side of a debate. one way you can tell if someone is credible is if they give evidence from both sides of any given argument and form a reasonable opinion.

you sound like you are genuinely considering these questions and have an open, curious, and sound mind. gather together different viewpoints, and from different texts, but have the confidence to know you are definitely smart enough to make your own decisions and create you own beliefs.

i adore and respect rigour in people - good for you for questioning. weirdly, it's people like you or hokey or moimeme that make religion/spirituluality accessible to people like me, who have not had much exposure to it outside the classroom.

xox, j

• Author

thank you jenny for your in put as well as everybody else i read bible verses last night on this subject and it pretty much cleared it up for me so thanks all of you and god bless

In the Bible, the following scripture verses show that God does view slavery as acceptable in his eyes:

Note: all quotes from Biblegateway.com http://bible.gospelcom.net/

Genesis 20:14

Then Abimelech brought sheep and cattle and male and female slaves and gave them to Abraham, and he returned Sarah his wife to him.

Leviticus 25:44

'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.

Leviticus 25:46

You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Ephesians 6:5

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Ephesians 6:9

And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

Colossians 3:22

Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

Colossians 4:1

Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

Titus 2:9

Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,

1 Peter 2:18

Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

In the Bible, the following scripture verses show that God does view menstruating women and sex as disgusting in his eyes:

Leviticus 12:2

"Say to the Israelites: 'A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period.

Leviticus 12:5

If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.

Leviticus 15:18

When a man lies with a woman and there is an emission of semen, both must bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening.

Leviticus 15:19

" 'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.

In the Bible, the following scripture verses show that God does not view wine as acceptable in his eyes:

Leviticus 10:9

"You and your sons are not to drink wine or other fermented drink whenever you go into the Tent of Meeting, or you will die. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come.

Numbers 6

3 he must abstain from wine and other fermented drink and must not drink vinegar made from wine or from other fermented drink. He must not drink grape juice or eat grapes or raisins. 4 As long as he is a Nazirite, he must not eat anything that comes from the grapevine, not even the seeds or skins.

In the Bible, the following scripture verses show that God does not view homosexuality as acceptable in his eyes:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1. Did you happen to notice who else 'will not inherit the kingdom of God'?

adulterers greedy drunkards slanderers

2. That was written by St. Paul. St. Paul also wrote:

1 Timothy 2:9

I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes.

3. Which Bible are you using? Are you aware that there have been many translations of the original over the years?

1 Corinthians 6

9 Don't you realize that this is not the way to live? Unjust people who don't care about God will not be joining in his kingdom. Those who use and abuse each other, use and abuse sex, 10 use and abuse the earth and everything in it, don't qualify as citizens in God's kingdom

1 Corinthians 6

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the Kingdom of God? Be not deceived: Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor the effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners shall inherit the Kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6

Do you not know that bad people will have no part in the kingdom where God rules? Do not be fooled. There are some people who will not have part in that place. They are those who commit adultery of any kind, those who have idols, or steal, or are always wanting more, or talk wrong things about people, or drink plenty of strong drink, or take things by force, or curse.

Jude 1:7

What happened to Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities near them is an example for us of the punishment of eternal fire. The people of these cities suffered the same fate that God's people and the angels did, because they committed sexual sins and engaged in homosexual activities.

Other versions:

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Jude 1:7 As Sodom, and Gomorrha, and the nigh coasted cities, that in like manner did fornication, and went away after other flesh, and be made ensample, suffering pain of everlasting fire. [1]

Leviticus 20:13

The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act and are guilty of a capital offense.

Leviticus also said:

Leviticus 20:10

" 'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife-with the wife of his neighbor-both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:9

" 'If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.

Leviticus 19:

27 " 'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

28 " 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves.

31 'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them

Interestingly, incest seems to have been ok:

Genesis 19:

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father."

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab [7] ; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi [8] ; he is the father of the Ammonites of today.

Finally, the words of Jesus:

Matthew 7:1

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Luke 6:37

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

By the way, Jesus also said:

34 Jesus replied, "The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage

So much for the human race...

This weekend I'm organizing a protest and picket seafood restaurants, oyster bars, church barbecue suppers, all grocery stores, barber shops, tattoo parlors, and stores that sell suits and dresses made of mixed wool, cotton, polyester, and other materials.

All of these products and services are "abominations" in Leviticus.

Look at Leviticus 11:1-12, where all unclean animals are forbidden as food, including rabbits, pigs, and shellfish, such as oysters, shrimp, lobsters, crabs, clams, and others that are called an "abomination."

My God, we've got to do something!

It's an abomination!

Moimeme, I am truly impressed. I'm glad you introduced the moderating teachings of Jesus into this discussion. Neonink, thanks for clearing all THAT up for me only now I've got a freezer full of shellfish to throw out, damm you.

:)

Rush, I hope that Leviticus was an eye-opener. I'd also suggest you try reading the Gospels in their entirety. To me, there is a HUGE possibilty that man has interpreted God's word erroneously over the centuries. The initial books were in different languages, they have been translated over and over again, and the original messages were meant for the people of the time.

To me, the most important words in the Bible are these:

The Greatest Commandment

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together.

35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:

36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"

37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

(Matthew 22 - from biblegateway.com)

This weekend I'm organizing a protest and picket seafood restaurants, oyster bars, church barbecue suppers, all grocery stores, barber shops, tattoo parlors, and stores that sell suits and dresses made of mixed wool, cotton, polyester, and other materials.

All of these products and services are "abominations" in Leviticus.

Look at Leviticus 11:1-12, where all unclean animals are forbidden as food, including rabbits, pigs, and shellfish, such as oysters, shrimp, lobsters, crabs, clams, and others that are called an "abomination."

My God, we've got to do something!

It's an abomination!

It's an abomination that the Bible is used to support prejudice. Take the quotes, take what you learned in Leviticus. Improve on it. Do whatever, but then it would be great if people would spread the word. To anyone who claims to be living by 'every word in the Bible'. To anyone who wields the Bible as a weapon. I am disgusted that church leaders allow this to happen and encourage it. They know people are too lazy to read the Bible for themselves so they just keep pushing those few passages to back up their hate-mongering.

People have to put a stop to it and expose the hypocrisy of it all. My huge worry is that the more 'fundamentalist' christian sects grow, the more the 'justification' of prejudice will be spread using those same bible passages that JDFYS used :sick:

Contradictory...

What I could NEVER understand is people who support their arguments by using bible statements. Saying that the bible says homosexuality is wrong so it must be so, is ludicrious. The bible is called "the word of God" but it was written by human beings. Can anyone tell me or show me proof that these stories in the bible weren't altered at all? I don't believe it to be God's words, word for word.

Also, if God is so loving, forgiving, and non-judgemental, then why would he condemn gay people? Also, if he is a great spiritual being, why did he even make homosexuals to begin with? I though God was the only perfect being? In that case, there wouldn't have been a "flaw" when he created man and homosexuals wouldn't even exist.

Honestly, I view the Bible and all the notions about God as a bunch of hog wash. To me, God is loving, generous, and accepting of who we are. I don't think he views homosexuality as wrong. It isn't about two people of the same sex getting their rocks off. These people truly love one another the way a heterosexual couple does. The only difference is that they have the same genitals. That's about it. Why people get so disgusted by it or enraged is beyond me. It just goes to show how weak human nature really is to let themselves be controlled by society into thinking what's right and what's wrong.

On Howard Stern earlier this week they had clips of little kids ages from 8-10 protesting outside the new gay school in NYC. They were obviously being coached by their parents. When asked why they thought homosexuality was wrong they didn't have an answer. It was SICKENING hearing these kids spew hate that is fueled by their own parents hate. That's a form of child abuse if you ask me. It's just disgusting and down right wrong, in my opinion. Those poor kids don't even have a chance in this world... Ugh... Like Tony always says, (paraphrased) "Stop the world, I want to get off!"