tarot cards, ouija boards, BS or what?

Just wondering if it's all bs; a way to tell the future or the past; a way to use tangible objects to describe current circumstances; or something else altogether?

- A friend says he's not interested in reading tarot cards, playing with ouija boards or so-called psychic boards or rituals, astrology, or other "stuff like that." so he called me tonight, saying that his two housemates were playing with a board and cards and doing some kind of ceremony involving candles and brass objects, and he couldn't handle all the bad energy in the house, so he was going to take a drive and sleep in his car. Now, I can't tell if he's overreacting or if there really was a lot of bad feelings in the room.

so, is it irresponsible or disrespectful to expose people who don't practice it or who don't believe, because of their perception of bad energy should they experience any energy, spirits, etc. being called out?

I've been messing with ouija boards and tarot cards off and on since i was a teen-ager but nothing really heavy. In fact I don't really remember anything really "happening." unless you count the time my friend and I happened to communicate with someone who said she was a slave who got murdered about 200 years ago...?! well i think there may be either a lot or a lot of nothing to respond to! any takers?

First, it is wrong to expose anybody to anything against their will...unless it's a child to necessary shots. All of which you speak works on the basis of the subconscious mind, which is a powerful thing and which manifests your reality. Every great man throughout the ages has known this fact. If you believe you will have bad luck if you walk under a ladder or break a mirror, that will be your reality. If you believe you will find the love of your life if you drink two gallons of chocolate milk, run 20 miles, paint your house, turn your car upside down and stand on your head in the middle of the expressway (along the median), you wish is likely to become true. Not that there is any power in the acts or rituals themselves but, rather, the power lies in what you give it.

If you ask the ouija board who you will marry and you want to marry Tom Cruise, your mind will easily direct your hands to T, then O, then M. Wow!!! These are all as much for entertainment as anything else.

I do believe there are gifted psychics who can be of great entertainment. But there is much debate in the scientific community as to whether they are gifted in the area of being able to tell the future or just so evolved and in touch with their surroundings that they can make enough good guesses, say 10 percent of the time, that they hit on some good information to achieve credibility. It's up to each person to arrive at their own conclusions there. However, scientific tests of psychics have not reflected well on them.

I think many churches frown on these types of things because people want to put a great deal of power into what they have to say. If a psychic should tell you you are going to marry a man named John, it has just taken away your free will...and you will be subconsciously looking for a John...and you could easily marry one who is not right for you.

Be entertained and nothing more. That's the safe course to take.

I think people create their own positive and negative energy. And the only power such tangible objects have are in one's willingness to believe it. There is much "power" in one's own mind.

I think your boyfriend was just "creeped out" by the whole scene, and so the negative energy he felt was due to his own discomfort.

For every perceived phenomena, there is a scientific or more rational explanation. Its up to the individual to determine for themselves which theory they choose to apply.

As for me, and many other people who have experienced or witnessed things that they could not explain, I think the jury is still out on this one... ;)

My sister use to like to go to phycics to have readings done.When she came back one day, she said that the physcic had told her that,I get alot of infections in my mouth.When she said this, it gave me the chills cause it was so true and accurate.The physcic told my sister that I should start eating banannas.What bannanas have to do with it,I dont know.But the things that the physcic said to my sister were so true that it just gave me chills.

Patty