Christadelphian??????????

Does anyone know about a religion called Christadelphian? I would like some info on this religion, like what they believe and etc. Anyone that has info on this religion would really help.

Thanks,

Nurse_jamie :rolleyes:

Looks just like another splinter sect (cult?) of Christianity. Seems kinda pointless to me. If they're all supposed to believe the same thing (the bible) why are there so many different sects?

• Author

I know what you mean, Arcane, but to the best of my knowledge, they don't celebrate any holidays and stuff like that, but I know very little about it, and I was hoping that someone of this religion or someone who knew more about it could help me out.

The reason I ask is because my husband's grandparents (who he doesn't have a relationship with) are Christadelphian and i know they don't celebrate holidays. I don't know them, never met them, and my husband doesn't speak to them and he doesn't know about the religion. I was just wondering what their beliefs are.

Anyone know?

• Author

Thanks, Purple Angel, I checked it out, but it didnt' say anything about whether they celebrate holidays or not and if they do not, then why. Anyone have any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Some Christadelphians celebrate holidays, some don't. For us it is left up to a personal preference. The reason for this is in Rom 14:5 - 7, where the apostle Paul says some people esteem one day above another ( holidays ), other don't, but both do it unto the Lord.

Some Christadelphians have decided to avoid holidays because of the history behind them. Christmas, for example, although commonly associated with the birth of Christ, coincidently occurs on the same day that that a certain ( forgive me, I forget which one at the moment ) pagan celebration occurred. So basically some feel that these holidays are merely continuations of pagan rituals, just simply repackaged for Christianity.

The goal of most Christadelphians is to get back to the doctrine the apostles taught in the first century. As such, they are very focused on Bible study and attempt to follow as close to what the Bible says as possible.

I hope this helps