Catholic wedding ceremony

I know that I want one of the readings in my wedding to be the First Letter from Paul to the Corinthians. But does anyone have any other good ideas about readings? I really want my wedding to be about our relationship with God as much as with each other. I feel like so many weddings today are more about the couple than the promises they are making to God. Any advice?

I feel like so many weddings today are more about the couple than the promises they are making to God.

Interesting statement.

Weddings are about the couple. Religion was just tacked on later.

In fact, the Chinese have been getting married for a thousand years longer than some Christians say the earth existed!

I think you should focus more on your husband and your life together during the ceremony, but whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1
burning 4 revenge
I know that I want one of the readings in my wedding to be the First Letter from Paul to the Corinthians. But does anyone have any other good ideas about readings?
Read some Christopher Hitchens. That will get some peoples attention
  • Author

Bentnotbroken,

Thanks! It is beautiful. Our priest had suggested it, but we had not taken any time to look through our options yet (you know how they give you the book of readings and gospel messages to choose from? It was sitting on my dining room table.) My fiance loved it as well. Sort of strikes the note we were looking for. You will be a part of our wedding always. Thanks again.