i need god in my life

I am confused and feel like I need god in my life. I moved in with my boyfriend and stopped going to church since 3 years from now. Since we are “living in sin” I felt that there is no point in going to church, I didn’t much like it anyways. Plus it made my boyfriend upset because he believes my religion is false. He also left his church, only because we where not allowed to be together.

Now that I am pregnant and have so many problems with him in our personal life. I feel like I need god in my life. I really don’t care what religion I believe it’s the same god. I told him that I would like to try to join him religion. Try to see if it’s for me. But he refused he actually don’t want to go back, I believe is for other reasons than what he told me. He told me that he no longer believes in it, but I know he does believe, the reason is because he is doing lots of things he shouldn’t have been doing, in which case would had, had him kicked out regardless. His mother can’t speak with him because since he left the church she is not allowed to speak to him. Unless we get married and convert he will never be able to speak to her. my boyfriend gets upset when ever I attend church.

I worry more about the baby; I don’t want my baby raised without god.

Your baby won't be raised without God, regardless of whether or not you go to any church.

The church your boyfriend belongs to and his mother still attends is hypocritical and borderline evil. If God doesn't judge, why should this church? If God doesn't judge, then why should his mother? Any church that would drive a mother against a son for any reason whatsoever has roots of evil, in my opinion.

Have your own services. Get the Bible or whatever reading material you find you enjoy from a religious bookstore, on or off line, and spend an hour with it each Sunday. God listens to you whether you're in Church or right there in a room of your home all alone. If you're just looking for a place to get dressed up and go to for admiration, you can get that downtown or at the mall.

I must also say it is hypocritical for so many to attend Church on Sunday and be asxholes the rest of the week. If you really think that much of God, make him a part of every minute of your life. If you don't, then don't bother going to Church so you can give them money and have them tell you how to live all week while you're elsewhere.

I'm sorry your husband is the way he is but if you will respect that and just be there for him you will show him an amazing example. Give it some time, be patient. Life has a way of chewing you up and spitting you out into the sewer and that'll happen to him one day and first thing he'll be in Church seeking the grace of God. It's funny how that works. Most men on death row at prisons all over American find God just before they get the chair or lethal injection.

I want you to look at God as a parent.

He gave you life. Provided for all you have around you. And he gives you Love. What do you do with these gifts?

As a Parent we try to show our children right from wrong. We are hurt when they chose the wrong path.

But God is the best parent of all. He's NOT a disciplinarian. He wants us to be happy. AND he wants us to be healthy and safe. As his child it is your responsibility you know right from wrong.

Was it wrong to go out and "live in sin"? Is this YOUR projection or that of the church. God gave you the greatest give of all; To love and be loved.

It's up to YOU to decide how to handle this.

Don't let the guilt overflow to the point you can no longer be in a One 2 One with your Parent. He will listen. It's time for that chat. He'll show you how to proceed.

• 4 weeks later...
blowingthetrout
I need God in my life.

Oh boy, I'm sure glad I'm going to hell, just imagine how fun heaven is with all these good god loving, gay hating folks.!

seriously are you really interested.......in that?!

It sounds to me like this is the result of external pressures and not any innate desire to seek some divine being. In which case it is a bad idea. Moreover, I don't see any real connection between the problems and the proposed solution. How will "having god in your life" address the issues you're facing?

Cheers,

D.

Oh boy, I'm sure glad I'm going to hell, just imagine how fun heaven is with all these good god loving, gay hating folks.!

hi, if folks can enter heaven, they have to be forgiving, and love people, they even have to love their enemies, so definitely there isn't anyone in heaven would hate any group or kind of people. in heaven, there are just love, how beautiful, but hell, a dark place full of pain, no hope

God loves people, but hates sins, that is big difference. People don't like disciplines, but good disciplines serve self and others good, and make human race continues

1) Telling us why Heaven is bad is kinda contradictory to... well... the point of you being here and posting.

Anyway, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. If you are, I dont think it was necessary, if you aren't, shame on you for posting that kind of opinion in a religious forum.

Back on subject:

What you have is a conflict of religion, something very hard to deal with. It sounds almost Religion vs. Marrage. Give up your style of religion to marry, or give up marrage to keep your style of religion. It may be hard, but... Religion is believed to be more important than Marriage, as Marriage is an earthly tradition.

Don't get me wrong, I wan't to be married one day. It's okay to marry, but if it's at the risk of your religion, I don't think it's the best choice. This goes for all believers of Christ. If you cannot be together because another religion prohibits the action... I would rather not continue. It's up to your faith, as well as his, no matter how "wrong" the style is, it is still something he's been with, for what im assuming, is years.

God has already set his plans in motion. Whether or not you know about them, he's telling you what to do, whispering in your ear, with the earth being a little ear-plug. Get some alone time, think about how you want to deal with this, then think about how God wants you to deal with this.

I remember a sermon I saw on TV. It's about the Whispering of God in your ear. When you are about to do something and it doesn't feel right, that is God saying, "You shouldn't do that." And when you do it and it hurts, that is God saying, "You shouldn't have done that."

I don't know if you should take this extremely literally, as some peoples' sense of Good and Bad aren't so accurate. I would like to invite you to a chance of just being alone one day, reflecting on how your life is spinning. Grab it with your hands, feel the friction between your hands and your life, and bring it to a halt. God is already trying to keep it from spinning, but he can't do it without your love and trust. You can't do it without God's love and trust as well. It's mutual.

"...

'No eye has seen,

no ear has heard,

no mind has conceived

what God has prepared for those who

love him'" - 1 Corinthians 2:9

I can't offer much help for you, other than to trust in what your heart tells you and never to lose the faith you have in him.

Best of wishes, health, and luck.

I'm sorry to learn that you are in difficult straits at the moment, but it seems to me that most of the problems that you have are because of religion, not because of the lack of it.

Consider: You stopped going to church because you chose to live with a man to whom you aren't married, and because you didn't much like it anyway. If you didn't like church before, what makes you think that you would like it now?

Your boyfriend thinks that your religion is false, and left his sect because "they" wouldn't let you be together. Sectarianism rearing its ugly head. If you two love and care for each other, why should any interpretation of an ancient book written by primitives keep you apart? Life is too short for this sort of nonsense. It is already putting a strain on your relationship that is unnecessary, and is hurting you emotionally.

Your boyfriend cannot even speak to his own mother now because he left his church? Does that sound REMOTELY healthy to you? That is just sick, and very, very sad. It is no wonder that your boyfriend is upset when you atend church. The very thing that is ripping his family apart and keeping his own mother from speaking to him is getting its hooks into you--and now, possibly his child.

If he doesn't convert but you return to your church, will he be "allowed" to see his child? Will these "people of god" stay out of it, or will tey constantly run him down, call him evil, and try to drive a wedge between your child and its father?

And you also say you don't want your child raised without god. Why not? From your brief description, it seems to me that god is the entire problem. Do you want your child to be going through these same things him/herself at some point in life? Do you want your child living in fear of damnation because he or she decides to live in a way not approved of by others--others who have no better idea about these things than anyone else?

The best thing you can do, IMO, is love your boyfriend, love your child, and do what is best for each other, regardless of what others claim "god wants". All your child is going to need is love from the both of you, and he or she will be just fine. When your child grows up and has a crisis of faith, say, do you want to be forbidden to see him? Do you want your child denied the chance to be happy with someone just because the other person "believes" in a different way?

Yet another example of how religion poisons everything.

I do wish you luck, and hope that your child is born healthy and that your relationship will withstand this challenge. It can't be easy, and you have my deepest sympathy.

Well that just cut straight through all the smokescreens, platitudes and drivel and hit the nail on the head. Yours and your boyfriend's experiences are surely the ones that you would want to protect your children from.

Cheers,

D.

blowingthetrout
1) Telling us why Heaven is bad is kinda contradictory to... well... the point of you being here and posting.

Anyway, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. If you are, I dont think it was necessary, if you aren't, shame on you for posting that kind of opinion in a religious forum.

why it's my opinion. I am gay, god hates me.

Go shake your booby tassles off tempo some more. Your ego is obviously in need of a little pick-me-up.

• 3 weeks later...

Your thinking is skewed. Just follow hardcore evolutionary type junk.

You need PAINTBALL in you life, not a god. But wait till after your child is delivered.

Hopefully I will never witness a woman stupid enough to go on the field and get lit up when she's pregnant. I would probably die laughing though. The enemy guys who shot her would feel bad.

why it's my opinion. I am gay, god hates me.

Go shake your booby tassles off tempo some more. Your ego is obviously in need of a little pick-me-up.

God doesn't hate you, he loves you.

If everyone could simply focus on the original post, then maybe constructive answers could be given. :rolleyes: Sometimes I feel sorry for individuals who post in this forum. They pose a question, and then they receive an answer ot two. But next thing you know, someone critiques an answer posted, and inner squabbles begin. For us to simply argue whetehr there is a God or isn't a God will not answer the question. Then Mandy never receives an answer.

Mandy, it comes down to this. You feel the need for God in your life. Whether someone else believes there is a God or not, you have a need. You do not feel comfortable in your own church, your boyfriend does not feel comfortable in his, he doesn't like yours...yet you feel a need. Ignoring the need and just pretending it does not exist will not make it go away.

My opinion is this...begin by talking with friends arond you, and find out what church they go to. Visit a few churches, and you may find one that fits what you are missing. At that point, you may find a place in which you can worship.

If you're confused and desperate, you should definitely not run to the nearest church.

Ofcourse priests would love for you to come look for answers because the weak are the easiest to convert.

I say religion has been the cause of most of your problems, why not discard the whole thing?

You can still believe in god and not take part in any congregation with a set of binding rules, breaking those rules will only upset you more.

Make up your own mind about what you think and live the way you think is best, there's not more you can do.

Personally I think people should work to become happy, it's not a matter of giving all control to a god.

Get exited about your guy and your baby, screw the rest.