does anyone believe in clairvoyance?

had a very strange incident happen recently...

a random woman approached in the bathroom of a bar. after staring at me for a few seconds, asked me 2 random questions that made no sense. then proceeds to say to me, "you have a best friend that you are in love with, and he is in love with you, however the two of you are not speaking at the moment."

this was dead on...the most accurate description of my current situation.

as i continued to stare at her, she told me i needed to call him. she insisted i called him. she said we were meant to be together, he was in love with me but used to being my buddy. she also said, "you are usually the one that has always called...arent you?" went on in more specifics...how we have a huge history...how (again) we are meant to be together but i approached things the wrong way, hence the reason things are weird at the moment.

i argued with her ( i have no idea why) and said i wouldn't call. we had not talked for 3 weeks why would i call! i heard he was dating someone new.

she said i must call and he was only doing so because he wasnt sure what else to do.

needless to say, i listened to her advice. we spent saturday evening together. i spent the night.

he called today and we watched a movie. saturday was coupleish...today was platonic.

very confused. was told by the woman she did not mean to frighten me, as she happened to be very clairvoyant. showed me her scarred back and said ever since a car accident, she was very clairvoyant and simply left the bathroom shortly after.

any thoughts?

lonelybird

There are gurdian angels, this could be one, or someone get hint from God directly. But really you should check out the spirit as Bible says. not every spirit come from God.

• Author

when you say check out the spirit...what exactly do you mean?

lonelybird
when you say check out the spirit...what exactly do you mean?

Do you believe in Jesus?

Well, spirit that come from God is called Holy Spirit who will lead you to Lord and truth.

There are some spirits come from dark forces, these exploit people.

A woman who didn't meet you before, yet told you about you, this means she got certain spirit that belongs to higher power. Some people who has Holy Spirit on them, and have a close relationship with Lord, they can hear from Lord. BUT if she got spirit from dark force, you should be causious about her advice. Did she mention Jesus during your conversation?

Maybe you can read Bible, and ask God about this, then wait to see if you have bad feeling about whole thing.

Maybe you can slow down the whole thing a little. Having sex relationship with the man maybe should be postponed. Did this woman tell you how you approach the thing wrongly? what is the right way according to her opinion?

And one thing, Lord Jesus can protect you from any evil spirits. You can just ask him to do so.

I am not trying to rain on the parade because I do believe in the possibility of clairvoyance to some extent, but is it possible this person knows you or your friend somehow and was sent as a joke, or to get you to call your friend? Maybe he wanted to talk but he didn't want to initiate contact, lol.

lonelybird
I am not trying to rain on the parade because I do believe in the possibility of clairvoyance to some extent, but is it possible this person knows you or your friend somehow and was sent as a joke, or to get you to call your friend? Maybe he wanted to talk but he didn't want to initiate contact, lol.

This is possible too.

If prophet say something to a stranger, they would prophecy something and introduce them Jesus usually. not advice you call your fwb.

Just so you're thinking with your *own* head -and not someone else's- maybe, you should also wake up to the fact that there are some pretty messed up (in the head) people out there who have nothing better to do than make someone else's life more confused.

Just so you know.

(I'm wondering if she wasn't going without her medication at the time you encountered her in the bathroom of that bar.)

Relax -do what your better instincts tell you.

(Smile)

-Rio

• Author

lol - i agree with the idea of nutso people in this world.

and i wish it were someone i knew that knew him...at least i wouldn't have felt so strange about it all.

i haven't let it rule my life...it just stuck in my head. c'mon, wouldn't you agree that an odd incident like that would stick in one's mind?

its very possible she was some drug-induced lunatic. who knows, i just found it all to be quite on point, and quite odd.

no she didn't mention Jesus or the Bible and she didn't tell me how to approach any situation any differently.

just thought id throw it out there to see what you guys thought...

any other input is more than welcome. and thank you for everything you have said :)

No I don't believe in clairvoyance, even tho a good friend of mine earns a living from being a medium.

We agree to disagree on that matter, its not worth losing our friendship over.

Alot of people derive comfort from psychics, clairvoyants and mediums.

Without going OTT, I DO think that alot of then are nothing more than crooks, although some of them do seem to be able to read people very well, which may be how they can give the illusion of 'knowing stuff they couldn't have known'.

I think that YOUR gut instincts are probably your most reliable indicator of how you should gauge and act in a situation..

• Author

i agree with you, many people do find comfort in psychics and clairvoyant people. i never believed in the stuff either. what i do believe in are gut instincts. but that leaves me to wonder about the so called mavens (which i have been told are nothing but modern day prophets) that are here to relay a message. is that even true? or is it that they just have a strong instinct and pick something up, which in turn is directly related to a situation in our lives?

this is why I've always found psychics out to be total quacks. i could sit in front of a crystal ball and say, "there are many big things that will happen to you in your future...there is someone in your life you care deeply for..." sure, that stuff is all so vague and insignificant anyone can relate it to themselves and then buy into the BS.

the reason i began to question it all was how randomly this happened to me. and how this woman seemed to seek me out of all the other girls, ask me 2 odd questions, which i forgot to tell you guys about. you will get a kick out of it...she approaches me (and i happened to be snapping photos of myself in the mirror...typical girlish behavior after a few cocktails) saying, "do you play the guitar?" lol um noo "does your mother play the guitar?" um no was my response and by THIS time i was like ok what is this weirdo woman doing and what kind of drugs is she ON? then she comes out with all of that crap.

anyway - thanks for listening. id still love to hear more insight on clairvoyance, mediums, psychics, etc.

i've had quite a few instances where i have "predicted" the outcome of a situation and been right...actually, i am always right. and i have had dreams that do come very true about a number of circumstances. my friends have dubbed me "ms. cleo," as a joke and ask me questions constantly, and i usually just laugh at them and make them stop. however i certainly don't go around proclaiming to be some "clairvoyant."

keep the responses coming :o) its an interesting topic, to say the very least.

shadowofman

First impression. Crazy person.

If it was dead on as you say, it was a setup. No other explaination has any clout.

This post is only my opinion on this matter, it is not intended to offend anyone, but a while back, i did a little bit of personal research into these people who allegedly speak in tongues and hear voices from gods.

There are actually some quite sound medical explanations for this, which say that these events are a result of a neurological "malfunction", or in laypersons terms, the brain wiring itself up funny..

schizophrenia is a mental illness that can manifest in some sufferers hearing voices, and like all mental illnesses it has a varying spectrum of severity.

It can be treated with a variety of medications.

Since the brain isn't completely understood yet, one explanation for these people who think they are prophets and "speak to god" is that they have a mild neurological defect.....

I am NOT insinuating that people who believe in god have a mental illness before anyone jumps on that bandwagon.

I don't happen to believe in god and I am a health professional who believes in science, so the above explanation sits more comfortably with me.

• 2 weeks later...
Since the brain isn't completely understood yet, one explanation for these people who think they are prophets and "speak to god" is that they have a mild neurological defect.....

I am NOT insinuating that people who believe in god have a mental illness before anyone jumps on that bandwagon.

I don't happen to believe in god and I am a health professional who believes in science, so the above explanation sits more comfortably with me.

I sometimes find myself reading reports by psychiatrists (don't ask) and regarding diagnoses of schizophrenia, it's striking how frequently the subject of God seems to crop up in those reports. Evidently psychiatric wards are jam-packed with people who either believe they are God, or at least have a direct hotline to him.

These people can sound perfectly reasonable and plausible while you're talking to them...until they calmly and reasonably explain why they carried out (some hideous act on another person or an animal) under God's instructions. Like you, I certainly wouldn't propose that everyone who follows a religion has some sort of mental disorder. I've met plenty of people who actively practice a faith, and seem to enhance their lives as a result of that. I do think, though, that religion/spiritual beliefs can create something of a bond between the mentally healthy and the mentally ill. Not always with very desirable consequences.

It's possible that this woman has been doing that all her life, and you were the first one it actually applied to.

Cheers,

D.

beautifulearth83

People have the potential to sense and pick up on many things. I don't believe judging or will help much. It's kind of neat to be approached on that level at times.

Whether it's clairvoyancy, a lucky guess, nonsense, or whatever... Either way it made you think and touched on a relevancy that you may care more about than you think. Good luck to you.

• 4 weeks later...
RealityCheck

Definition of Clairvoyance…..in tune with energy vibration and not to be confused with “fortune tellers”.

The Body is a vehicle that stores energy. In some faiths it is referred to as the soul, spirit or sage. No matter how you name it, stretch or bend it! Energy does not die. It will exist for eternity! This is not only a Faith belief. A scientific fact! Logic and reason.

Animals have the ability to sense what most humans cannot. This is because they rely on their sixth sense first and foremost thus, clairvoyant abilities. A person will tune into their pets’ peculiar actions long before they will ever tap into their own sixth sense.

Humans are equipped with not 5 but 6 senses; sight, taste, hear, touch and “absolute knowing” the sixth sense. How does the sixth sense get lost

At birth we become conditioned to stray from the sixth sense. How? The moment we are born crib mobiles, rattles, toys and other object occupy the visual sense. In addition, we become conditioned to the loving touch of our Mother, words become a constant and with that we tune into the hearing sense of voice her voice. Finally we are fed and introduced to many tastes along in our growth process. Where has the sixth sense been developed? For many, it has not.

A blind person relies every sense but the sight sense. The deaf relies on every sense but the hearing sense. The paraplegic relies on every sense but the touch sense. The person who cannot taste relies on every sense but the taste sense. The speech impaired rely on every sense but the speak sense. All that lack the 5 senses that most depend on, are more intoned to the sixth sense. It is a “trust” in “absolute knowing”.

I am certain there are those who have had “absolute knowing” moments in their lifetime on many occasions. For example, ask yourself; have you ever been in a home that you are not familiar with and have a need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night? Sure! Your touch sense kicks in, but your intuitive ability is the driver that brought you to that destination. I am most certain, that many wanted to choose a certain street to walk down and had apprehensions of taking that route only to find out on the new “you would have been in the wrong place at the wrong time” and ultimately was blessed of living to tell about it! How about the premonitions? A deep feeling of knowing something is going to happen and either happens or you were there to avoid the happening.

Guardian Angels” or spirit vibration does exist! However, many do not realize their own intuitive abilities that help them along life’s existence and their realization is referred to as “miracles”. It is the sixth sense within oneself that is the “miracle or Gate Keeper.

Many are born to the realization of the sixth sense. Though they rely on the 5 senses for survival purposes, their driver is the sixth sense. They are acute much like an animal. They have the ability to connect with energy vibration beyond the density of human comprehension and density of this planet’s energy.

So in response to this Thread, 100% I believe in clairvoyant abilities.

It’s not that we don’t know, it’s just that some don’t remember.

Now I realize some could respond to my post with, what planet are you from and I completely welcome that question! Because truth is, if you are to believe in the after life, and that we are all created in God’s image, NO ONE IN REALITY is from this planet

????

No offense realitycheck but that post was really confusing, and it seemed to contradict your name.?

I am 100% sure you are from this planet...however we see things from quite a different perspective.

I would like to politely say that I don't believe in the afterlife OR God.

Scientifically speaking, people can't actually "store" energy. Energy is what is released when our bodies break down carbohydrates, fat or protein molecules into the simpler molecules of carbon dioxide and water. Energy is also required for our bodies to actually complete this process AND for them to function normally which is why we need food, and why we excrete water and carbon dioxide rich air. We CAN store the molecules that release energy when they are broken down, as fat or glycogen. But we can't store energy itself. Energy is released as heat, power, work- all of which help is move, keep warm, keep cool, etc etc.

When we die, our bodies are not consuming carbohydrates anymore, and our bodies naturally decompose into simpler organic molecules and compounds.

This is basic organic chemistry, which is scientific fact. Just wanted to clear that up.

I do think that some people are more intuitive than others, as you say, but I don't think this is necessarily "Clairvoyance" per se.

RealityCheck

SB129,

No offense taken. Everyone has their own perception of their own reality.

I'm not here to pursuade anyone. I have my beliefs and you have yours. It's that simple!

Thanks for sharing yours.

You're welcome. Its nice to have different POV without fighting about it!!

The energy thing isn't really a belief, its proven scientific fact, but I totally respect your decision to believe something different.

If everyone believed the same thing, how boring would it be?

????

No offense realitycheck but that post was really confusing, and it seemed to contradict your name.?

I am 100% sure you are from this planet...however we see things from quite a different perspective.

I would like to politely say that I don't believe in the afterlife OR God.

Scientifically speaking, people can't actually "store" energy. Energy is what is released when our bodies break down carbohydrates, fat or protein molecules into the simpler molecules of carbon dioxide and water. Energy is also required for our bodies to actually complete this process AND for them to function normally which is why we need food, and why we excrete water and carbon dioxide rich air. We CAN store the molecules that release energy when they are broken down, as fat or glycogen. But we can't store energy itself. Energy is released as heat, power, work- all of which help is move, keep warm, keep cool, etc etc.

When we die, our bodies are not consuming carbohydrates anymore, and our bodies naturally decompose into simpler organic molecules and compounds.

This is basic organic chemistry, which is scientific fact. Just wanted to clear that up.

I do think that some people are more intuitive than others, as you say, but I don't think this is necessarily "Clairvoyance" per se.

Can I ask you SB129? What is it you do believe in? If you don't believe in the afterlife or God, I'm going to assume you believe in everything scientific, especially since you broke down "energy" in such scientific terms.

I had a very enlightening moment today. I was at a Kenny Loggins concert last night and I was listening to his newest cd on the long ride home this morning. I was noticing the sky, nature, etc., and how it touched me, and just loving every bit of the music. Much of it was about breaking up and the heart. I, myself, am very consumed with music and how it moves me. And I began thinking about the heart. And how we love. And how we hate. And how we hurt.

I suddenly found myself asking... if there is no God, how is it we are able to "feel". The "heart" as we define it in scientific terms keeps the body working. We all know that. But what about "the HEART"? Do you have an answer to that in your scientific world?

Unlike my scientist boyfriend, I don't actually need an explanation for everything. And, like you, I am often immensely moved by music.

All those soundwaves combine- and sometimes they just make me feel amazing...!!!

I don't need to believe in a god to appreciate beauty, love or pleasure.

I can actually accept that it is part of our lives without needing all the answers.

Since you asked, however, I believe that love is, like maternal nuturing, eating and breathing an instinctive behaviour based on our natural tendencies as a species to form social groups. Paired bonding leads to community formation, and is seen in many other kinds of social animals.

These animals don't believe in gods. Many other species display paired bonding, and actually do better at it than humans, for example penguins, who mate for life, as do many other bird species, and primates.

Many animals have highly developed sensory systems which allow them to survive in their habitats. If some of these traits were human traits, we may well call them "clairvoyant".

However, if you do really want a scientific explanation for love, I believe scientists came up with one a while back, and it all focuses around a neurotransmitter called dopamine, which is the chemical released in our brains when we have pleasurable experiences. In long term relationships, other neurotransmitters such oxytocin come into play as this is a hormone that is released when we feel trust and security, and is incidentally very high in a females brain just after she has orgasmed- hence that loved up post coital feeling, and why women feel more strongly towards men after they have had sex.

Most of this is coming off the top off my head, and isn't comprehensive, but I hope it clarifies for you where I am at with this.

Its sometimes a little clinical to talk about love in such a way, and I certainly don't think "oh thats my dopamine kicking in" when I look at my BF.....:love::love:

You can love and not believe in god.... i am doing just that quite nicely.

This isn't a thread debating the existence or not of God however, there are separate ones for those! Just thought i would answer your question as best I could.

RealityCheck
All those soundwaves combine- and sometimes they just make me feel amazing...!!!

Sb,

Just out of curiosity, are you familiar with hemi-sync? It is a scientific proven fact.

These soundwaves you speak of, do you not consider that energy vibration?

Unlike my scientist boyfriend, I don't actually need an explanation for everything. And, like you, I am often immensely moved by music.

I don't need to believe in a god to appreciate beauty, love or pleasure.

I can actually accept that it is part of our lives without needing all the answers.

Since you asked, however, I believe that love is, like maternal nuturing, eating and breathing an instinctive behaviour based on our natural tendencies as a species to form social groups. Paired bonding leads to community formation, and is seen in many other kinds of social animals.

These animals don't believe in gods. Many other species display paired bonding, and actually do better at it than humans, for example penguins, who mate for life, as do many other bird species, and primates.

Many animals have highly developed sensory systems which allow them to survive in their habitats. If some of these traits were human traits, we may well call them "clairvoyant".

However, if you do really want a scientific explanation for love, I believe scientists came up with one a while back, and it all focuses around a neurotransmitter called dopamine, which is the chemical released in our brains when we have pleasurable experiences. In long term relationships, other neurotransmitters such oxytocin come into play as this is a hormone that is released when we feel trust and security, and is incidentally very high in a females brain just after she has orgasmed- hence that loved up post coital feeling, and why women feel more strongly towards men after they have had sex.

Most of this is coming off the top off my head, and isn't comprehensive, but I hope it clarifies for you where I am at with this.

Its sometimes a little clinical to talk about love in such a way, and I certainly don't think "oh thats my dopamine kicking in" when I look at my BF.....:love::love:

You can love and not believe in god.... i am doing just that quite nicely.

This isn't a thread debating the existence or not of God however, there are separate ones for those! Just thought i would answer your question as best I could.

Well my intention is not to debate whether God exists or not either. And I appreciate your response. I just don't think it cuts it for me. There are other emotions besides a "dopamine" love or pleasure, including the opposite. The hatred, disappointment, anger, etc. Any feeling really. To me, I cannot fathom that science and chemicals would be able to explain all that away.

Sb,

Just out of curiosity, are you familiar with hemi-sync? It is a scientific proven fact.

These soundwaves you speak of, do you not consider that energy vibration?

Soundwaves are energy vibration, yes, thats how we can hear them. However, in the context you are speaking of, energy vibration can't occur within the body and affect our consciousness or emotions as a result of sound waves.

Soundwaves of certain frequencies can actually do serious damage to the body- very low freqencies can kill you!

With regards to Hemi- Sync, anything that is a trademarked process raises red flags with me, and I would need to see randomised control trials (ie proper scientific research, publications etc that were independently funded) before I could accept that it is "scientific fact" as you claim.

To be able to prove anything is "scientific fact" needs rigorous, multiple trials done over and over again in a controlled way. many many claims of "scientific fact" are not proven in a way that is acceptable to the scientific community, and Hemi-Sync, the existence of a god, clairvoyance, and some alternative health practices are all examples of these.

I sometimes wonder- if these things really were possible, why not disprove all the scientists so the argument could stop? If they were possible, it would be so easy to do it in a scientific way, and shut all the sceptics up.

Perfect example is that guy who has offered a million dollars to anyone who can perform a miracle in front of him.

Surely someone out there would do it to back up their case...some of the evangelists seem money hungry enough!

Well my intention is not to debate whether God exists or not either. And I appreciate your response. I just don't think it cuts it for me. There are other emotions besides a "dopamine" love or pleasure, including the opposite. The hatred, disappointment, anger, etc. Any feeling really. To me, I cannot fathom that science and chemicals would be able to explain all that away.

A behavioural or neurological scientist probably would be able to explain it all away in a way that I (with my analytical scientifically trained mind) would accept.

But if it doesn't cut it with you MO05, then thats totally fine.

Differences of opinion make the world go around, challenging opinions means new things get found out, old theories get disproved, and our quest for knowledge continues.

We don't know everything.... we probably never will. If everyone just accepted everything, our development as people and a species would stop!

Personally, I am happy with the level of knowledge I do have regarding these issues, I don't feel I need to know any more at the moment. My life is rich, fulfilled and full of happiness. I am happy to just be for now.

I have been through phases where I questioned everything, and I was desperately unhappy!!