God made us to be like HIM?

Last night I heard a pastor said "people sin and suffer because they don't know who they are". God made us to be like HIM, joyful, loving each other, trust each other, healthy, wealth, immortal, nothing lack nothing missing. But after Eve ate forbidden fruit, human being became spiritually dead, disconnected with God. then we are under control of Satan.

God are Spirit. When God sent Jesus came to the world, God was in Jesus, God show us the way the example through Jesus. no fault in Jesus, what he did was helping people, healing them, the people who was despised and have terrible disease were healed by Jesus. Yet, people crucified him. But good news is Jesus rise up to heaven. Even in this day, he is out there to help people, and heal them, but the key is when he heal you, you must receive it, not reject. When people decide to accept Jesus,Light not darkness, then God will send Holy Spirit to them, so they can be born-again. spiritually reconnected with God. then Holy Spirit will lead them to realize what they sinned, then heartly felt repentance follow. this is a beginning. then little by little Holy Spirit will teach them about God and Jesus, so they can be more like God's image: loving, forgiving, patience, honest, gentle...these are fruits of Salvation. Totally changing inside will happen. the things we liked no longer we like them. the bad habbits will be changed under the power of Holy Spirit, and disease will be healed, and no matter what situation outside, you will always find peace and content inside of you. and nothing can compare to God's love

not sex immoral, not money, not fame, nothing can bring deep satisfaction that only God can give. in fact, sex immoral, love of money, love of hurting other people, only bring self-destruction to self. God is forgiving, HE will find all HIS lost sheeps.

God made us to be like HIM, joyful, loving each other, trust each other, healthy, wealth, immortal, nothing lack nothing missing

God created man in his image, to be holy as he is holy I think is how the Bible puts it. That means spiritual riches, not material ones, as you've listed above – health and wealth are subjective to what each person considers the standard. I have a chronic disease and earn a paltry salary, but I think I'm the richest woman I know because He's in my life, and I possess enough health and wealth to keep serious problems at bay.

when you speak of immortality, it's the spiritual kind, not the literal kind of life ... through Jesus, one can achieve eternal life seated at the hand of the Father, so to speak.

When people decide to accept Jesus,Light not darkness, then God will send Holy Spirit to them, so they can be born-again. spiritually reconnected with God. then Holy Spirit will lead them to realize what they sinned, then heartly felt repentance follow. this is a beginning. then little by little Holy Spirit will teach them about God and Jesus, so they can be more like God's image

this seems to me a bit of a faulty statement, that the Spirit can only move in born-again Christians. Why would a loving God limit himself to just one particular crowd? As Christians, we have the advantage of being able to identify a Spirit-filled moment, but I believe that God engages ALL in a relationship with him.

• Author

Hi, quankanne:)

That was my personal understanding after listen and see, not necessary the right one.

I believe God engages ALL in a relationship with HIM. and I still cannot understand why Holy Spirit warned me the danger things in advance before I became a Christian, I am a common and below common girl, at that time miserable, so I think it is because only God's mercy and love. and many people maybe received that "subtle talking", but didn't pay attention to. or God want one particular crowd to serve others, bring good news to others...

and I agree with what you said and glad you corrected some points. I always think you are more mature in Jesus, so please don't hold back your valuable opinions.

God bless you

• Author
Really is that true... so then he makes mistakes too

What do you mean? People's fault is not God's fault, if this is you meant?

• Author
there is no God...

you are funny guy, don't know when you are serious;)

and do you know ALL things?

• Author

I see, you blame bad things happened in this world on to God

Sometimes it is people's sin make them suffer

sometimes "bad thing" can be a process to next level, or God want to draw your attention to HIM, to prevent further damage the sin caused.

Have you heard a story about a young American girl? she died at her teenager. she was shot at her school by her schoolmate

She is a believer, and was very good girl. before she died, she knew it and wrote her death on her diary. after her death, many students became believer. and I don't worry about her as she is in heaven and having good time now. see, God use a believer to make other unbelievers to believe. why? because God love them all.

I believe suffering can make people grow more mature and more strong

• Author
Really is that true... so then he makes mistakes too

:) Pricillia, I think again about your question. maybe you meant the Holy Spirit. people say things which is inspired by Holy Spirit, but sometimes the things they said are not inspired by Holy Spirit, maybe the things they said are from Flesh. That's why you yourself should have a personal relationship with God. here is a link: how to hear voice of God

http://layhands.com/HowToHearGodsVoice.htm

Just another teen
I see, you blame bad things happened in this world on to God

Sometimes it is people's sin make them suffer

Well to be fair, many tend to say that the good things which happen to them are because of God, for the sake of consistency should we not also hold God accountable for the bad things? On the other hand if we are responsible for the bad things which happen, are we not also responsible for some, if not all the good things that happen in our lives?

I don't worry about her as she is in heaven and having good time now. see, God use a believer to make other unbelievers to believe. why? because God love them all.

That seems incredibly sadistic...couldn't he have done it any other way, I mean afterall he is all powerful right?

And I know it is not your intention but the first sentence came off as a rationalization of one's cruelty and apathy for another life. Afterall why would anybody actually show any pity or sympathy for someone who is living the good life in heaven?

Religion is simply a way to:

-appease the simple minded

-comfort weak souls

-control a social standard

-comfort weak souls

I was with you all the way up to "simply."

I still cannot understand why Holy Spirit warned me the danger things in advance before I became a Christian, I am a common and below common girl, at that time miserable, so I think it is because only God's mercy and love. and many people maybe received that "subtle talking", but didn't pay attention to. or God want one particular crowd to serve others, bring good news to others...

you've hit the nail squarely on the head – God always whispers, and moves to work through others, but we (humankind) have to be tuned in to catch this. Maybe becoming Christian helped you become even more attuned to Him, because your faith gave you the tools to do just that.

I always think you are more mature in Jesus, so please don't hold back your valuable opinions.

most days I consider myself a very passive, inactive believer, though my faith is strong. It humbles me greatly to realize that somehow, people see Him work through me, because I don't visualize myself as a strong instrument, you know? Thank you for the beautiful compiment, LB ...

there is no God...

to which I say, you don't believe in him, that's all right, because he'll never stop believing in you ;)

Well to be fair, many tend to say that the good things which happen to them are because of God, for the sake of consistency should we not also hold God accountable for the bad things? On the other hand if we are responsible for the bad things which happen, are we not also responsible for some, if not all the good things that happen in our lives?

it's easy to forget that He works through us, that we are not little gods ourselves. Rather, we act as his hands, and our intent defines those actions. The events of 9/11 were horrific, wrought by men who, in their claims to love Allah, decided to kill to make a point. That was the negative of the situation, counterbalanced by the outpouring of love and goodwill illustrated by countless, nameless people who were moved to be of help to the victims of that tragedy. Where was God? Working in each and every one of us.

holding God accountable for our actions is an attempt to shift the blame away from ourselves when we do something that hurts others, or garner the attention for doing something positive. To use a poor sports analogy, God writes the plays, but the team carries them or fails to carry them through.

Religion is simply a way to appease the simple minded, comfort weak souls, control a social standard

really? I'm simple-minded, weak-souled and socially controllable? Gee, and I always thought I was an independent-minded little cuss with an unshakeable faith! :D :D :D

look, when you view things spiritual with world-weary eyes, that's all you're going to see, because you've deadened yourself to the possibility of something supernatural, something bigger than yourself and the world around you, and not of this world. When you give yourself to God, your world becomes universal because you're part of a family of believers that stretches around the lobe. You're not one lone cowboy off to fight the battles of the world, you are a body of believers.

I don't claim to be of superior brainpower or of incredibly strong soul, just blessed with a good relationship with the one guy who knows me and loves me best. If that makes me weak ... well, you'd have to be in my shoes to understand the attraction and the beauty of this relationship.

• Author

:D You asked good questions, I can use some help here, but I am trying to answer this anyway.

Here we look God as loving parent. when his child make a mistake, he will not ignore it. if he ignore his child's mistakes, then he doesn't really love his child, does he? He will warn his child not to do the mistakes again, or give his child a ban for playing games, or other things. so when the child is in this ban period, he/she probably think his/her parent are worst parent of the worst in the world. so God want his children to obey HIM, because HE know what things would cause his children destruction. sometimes HE use things to stir up his children, draw his children's attention to HIM.

If HE told his child not to use drug, but his child use it anyway, in the end the child became addictive to the drug, and even destroy own life, can this child blame his/her damaged life to his/her parent?

As for we are responsible for good things in our life.

some very successful people are genuinly joyful, and humble in their heart, because they know their success do really come from God and inspired by Holy Spirit, not because they are great, and better than others.

some very successful people are not joyful, very pride, lonely, isolated with others even they achieved their goals, they never feel satisfied even they are millionare. they don't believe in God.

Because when God made us, there is a place in our heart to fill the Spirit from God, when we aren't filled with it, we feel not satisfied.

I didn't know you thought I am cruelty:confused: . I heartly feel she is in heaven now. Yes, we should show pity or sympathy for someone died, in fact, we should show more sympathy for her family, it is her family in pain and loss in this world. but I think their faith helped them overcome this loss. It is not sad. Do you know how many schoolmates saved after her death? these schoolmates changed their old ways, and have new joyful life now.

• Author

-comfort weak souls

If you are strong enough and have a more leveled head, I applaud to that, and this is exactly what I wish

• Author
I was with you all the way up to "simply."

Hey, magichands, I know you, sarcastic humor guy

You don't really like the world you see, do you?

• Author
It humbles me greatly to realize that somehow, people see Him work through me.

Yes, sister, only when you say these words from God, it become power, power over evil. Jesus gave you all things and power you need, the more you use it, the more powerful it becomes.:bunny:

Proof god doesn't exist.

God is:

1. Omniscient: All knowing (knows everything that has been, is, and will be)
  2. Omnipotent: All powerful (there are no limits to what he can do)

These are a priori definitions of god and are fundamental to his existence. If one is lacking then he is flawed and cannot possibly exist.

If these postulates are true then answer this question.

Can god change his mind?

If the answer is yes then he isn't all knowing he should have known the outcome ahead of time and would have had no need to change his mind and therefore can't exist.

If the answer is no then he can't be all powerful since he should have the power to change an outcome that is of his own making and therefore can't exist.

Hey, magichands, I know you, sarcastic humor guy

You don't really like the world you see, do you?

The world is an amazing place. Keep up the good work. Seriously.

Proof god doesn't exist.

God is:

These are a priori definitions of god and are fundamental to his existence. If one is lacking then he is flawed and cannot possibly exist.

Can god change his mind?

If the answer is yes then he isn't all knowing he should have known the outcome ahead of time and would have had no need to change his mind and therefore can't exist.

If the answer is no then he can't be all powerful since he should have the power to change an outcome that is of his own making and therefore can't exist.

Yes… we…. His creations; can change His mind through prayer or not.

Example…. Ezekiel 18:30

Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD.

Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. Ezekiel 18:30

Also Saved; we have changed Gods mind about us for example; He use to think and call me a Bastard… and according to His Law…I was.

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Hebrews 12:8

I changed His mind about myself, I took a step to Salvation in the Lord.. I changed the way God thinks…about me… Now He calls me one of His own…one of His sons.

YES ….MEN ON EARTH HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE GODS MIND… WHY? BECAUSE HE IS THE TRUE… LIVING… GOD.

---[Can god change his mind? If the answer is yes then he isn't all knowing he should have known the outcome ahead of time and would have had no need to change his mind and therefore can't exist.]

Listen to the man try to make a puppet out of God whom has not made a puppet out of men… If our prayers had no effect on God… to change His mind… then lets worship stones… what would the diff be?

Answer:Both useless…

[if the answer is no then he can't be all powerful since he should have the power to change an outcome that is of his own making and therefore can't exist.] Answer:Freewill...

On one hand you desire a True Living God to be able to be persuaded to change His mind. Yet if He does … He is failure…

Through seeking discernment; you have left out two major factors.

1) God rules over His Creations… They do not rule Him.

2) God gave men freewill.

• Author
Proof god doesn't exist.

God is:

Can god change his mind?

I cannot say just yes or no:p , only God knows. I remember in the Bible when God's people sinned against God, lust after killing, adultery, sacrificed their own children to foreign gods, God became angried and punished them. but because Mose pleaded God, God changed his mind and show mercy and stopped punishment (some Bible scholar can answer better:p ). but whole history is in God's control. Can you say today's humanity isn't greatly improved than before?

As for personal life. God give us free will, to choose light or darkness. but we don't have to do so in the very beginning. yes, God's superpower can change things in our life. but what that will bring to us? For example. if a young man do drugs. God can stop him by superpower, but the young man would consider the drug really nothing, then he do drugs again and again, and rely on to God to stop it. but if the young man choose to believe in God, but he already did drugs AND he repented his fault and decided obey God, then God would send Holy Spirit to help him, this happened to lots of people.

can you image if a parent don't punish his children for the mistakes they made, what kind of adults they would grow up to? if people didn't make mistakes (nobody I think), then God would use certain situation to shape their personalities. IT is all about grow. i only can say so far:p

• Author
Yes… we…. His creations; can change His mind through prayer or not.

Example…. Ezekiel 18:30

Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD.

Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. Ezekiel 18:30

Also Saved; we have changed Gods mind about us for example; He use to think and call me a Bastard… and according to His Law…I was.

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Hebrews 12:8

I changed His mind about myself, I took a step to Salvation in the Lord.. I changed the way God thinks…about me… Now He calls me one of His own…one of His sons.

YES ….MEN ON EARTH HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE GODS MIND… WHY? BECAUSE HE IS THE TRUE… LIVING… GOD.

---[Can god change his mind? If the answer is yes then he isn't all knowing he should have known the outcome ahead of time and would have had no need to change his mind and therefore can't exist.]

Listen to the man try to make a puppet out of God whom has not made a puppet out of men… If our prayers had no effect on God… to change His mind… then lets worship stones… what would the diff be?

Answer:Both useless…

[if the answer is no then he can't be all powerful since he should have the power to change an outcome that is of his own making and therefore can't exist.] Answer:Freewill...

On one hand you desire a True Living God to be able to be persuaded to change His mind. Yet if He does … He is failure…

Through seeking discernment; you have left out two major factors.

1) God rules over His Creations… They do not rule Him.

2) God gave men freewill.

:D Thanks, LoveHurts