Originally posted by Johan:

Life's primary goal boils down to insulating yourself, as much as possible, from stupidity. Everyones stupidity, including your own.

Quoted for truth.

Quoted for truth.

Perhaps that's Johan's primary goal in life. I'm not understanding why it is featured here? That's a personal thing he should have the honor of putting up wherever he feels appropriate.

Again, this is the many times I'm not understanding something.

My primary goal in life used to be ensuring that all the videos were rewound before returning them to Blockbuster. Now that everything's DVD, I have no goals at all.

On second thought... Outcast, are you doing okay?

I assumed you highlighted that part of Johan's post because you found it a very intelligent thing that should be kept in mind,

but it sort of kept coming back to me as odd,

I do really hope nothing unpleasant has happened to you because of someone's stupidity or because of what you might regard as stupidity on your part.

Uh...I really hate to agree with everyone here (no, really I hate to) but this is odd.

Also, that's not even that great a truth. There are many better ones.

RecordProducer
My primary goal in life used to be ensuring that all the videos were rewound before returning them to Blockbuster. Now that everything's DVD, I have no goals at all.
Hahahah, Tony, you're so funny! :laugh:

My primary goal is to prepare a frozen meal that my husband will give me credits for as if I made it from a scratch. :eek:

RecordProducer
On second thought... Outcast, are you doing okay?

I assumed you highlighted that part of Johan's post because you found it a very intelligent thing that should be kept in mind,

but it sort of kept coming back to me as odd,

I do really hope nothing unpleasant has happened to you because of someone's stupidity or because of what you might regard as stupidity on your part.

Noooooooo, she was talking about XXXXXXX stupidity! :D
CrushedOrgans

cool it guys. she was just paying a compliment to someone, which is meant to be flattering, or, in the least, show appreciation.

cool it guys. she was just paying a compliment to someone, which is meant to be flattering, or, in the least, show appreciation.

Well I was wondering myself. I've known outcast since before that was her username and I can count on one hand the number of times that I recall that she started a thread.

I'm just saying.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, the quote hit so close to home for me that I refrained from responding at first for fear of outing myself.

Looking over my shoulder and making sure all my safety nets are in functional condition is not necessarily a "life's goal" for me … but an acquired habit.

Now if only I could rid myself of this residual twitch. :eek:

CrushedOrgans
Well I was wondering myself. I've known outcast since before that was her username and I can count on one hand the number of times that I recall that she started a thread.

I'm just saying.

oh, seeing if she is okay wasn't what i meant. it was the jokes and picking on her for posting something she liked and/or thought important enough to call attention to.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, the quote hit so close to home for me that I refrained from responding at first for fear of outing myself.

Looking over my shoulder and making sure all my safety nets are in functional condition is not necessarily a "life's goal" for me … but an acquired habit.

Now if only I could rid myself of this residual twitch. :eek:

Well fiddle-dee-dee, E, that sounds like PTSD to me! :laugh:

(once again "I'm a poet and I didn't know it")

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking about Outcast today (do not ask me why).

Anyone knows if she is doing okay?

I'm in touch with her, and she's doing fine. I think she just feels that the site isn't for her any more.

I'm in touch with her, and she's doing fine. I think she just feels that the site isn't for her any more.

Thank you, I'm glad to know she is doing okay - I do hope to see her around again, though!

I know, this place isn't the same without her.

I wonder how she got un-addicted to LS? Hasn't worked with others very well as most who leave, eventually come back!

Lindya,

If you talk to Outcast again....

Can you tell her "Hi" for me? And that I really hope her life is going great. I miss her. :(

Lindya,

If you talk to Outcast again....

Can you tell her "Hi" for me? And that I really hope her life is going great. I miss her. :(

Yeah, me too :(