Great for depression or confusion about your life

Volunteer!

Check out the corporation for national and community service (http://www.nationalservice.org/) for information about programs in your area.

Community service strengthens the individual as well as the community. It gives you great opportunities to get work experience and leadership/management experience you might not otherwise be able to get. You experience things that others don't normally experience, life changing experiences that enrich you as a human being.

And above all that, there's the whole you only get what you give idea.

If you are unhappy with your life, for whatever reason, consider what you focus on, what you surround yourself with, and what choices you have made. You are responsible for your life, and the happiness, enrichment, and level of fulfillment that you can achieve.

The more you strive for interconnectivity within your community, and the more you strive to surround yourself with positively motivated, like-minded people who have hope and inspiring stories of their own, the more beautiful you realize that the world is.

OMG b_o

Your timing is lovely. I was just going to start doing a search for community service in my area and I didn't know where to begin!

thanks!

• Author
I'm going to look in too that, that would be fun to do. Maybe I'll meet my new beau there hahah jk

It's a great experience, I think. You know, there are a lot of people who just graduated from high school or who are still in college involved with AmeriCorps -- not only does it look great on your resume, but you get to experience life in the workforce and learn leadership skills, organizational techniques, and all sorts of life skills in the program.

I know this sounds like an infomercial. God knows I'm not 100% enthusiastic about spending the next year of my life doing service work but at the same time I can't imagine doing another job where I don't feel interested or passionate about the work. And with volunteering you get the added satisfaction that you are going out of your way to help others.

and think of the incredible opportunity to network with people from across the country as you do y'alls thing. I wish I'd have thought of that when I was younger – it looks like such a rich experience.

• Author

errrrrr.

Actually funny you say that in my group there are 18 girls and 3 guys. You do the math. :laugh: