When you meet friends well people at first does it take you some time to get comfortable with them?

I think if a girl has the same sense of humour as I do its easier to get more comfortable ?

I have a hard time making friends especially with women. It takes a long time for me to open up to people. Usually what happens I get the "She's stuck up".

Guys are easier because I tend to have more in common with them. So I think it's easier if you have something in common. Makes it easier to make conversations.

I have to tell you Britt I love your avatar. You have the greatest smile!

Yes, a shared sense of humour is vital in the begginning of a friendship. Humans use humour to cover uncomfortable encounters. These encounters can be made even more uncomfortable in the presence of someone who doesn't find your joke as amusing as you do :p Initial conversations are usually based on light-hearted matters, so humour is an imperative shared aspect.

Most of my friendships have started through shared interests. Most of the men I befriend are journos, cameramen, editors, prodction assistants etc. as females journos are vying for the same jobs, we don't tend to get a long with the same sincerity.

• Author

awww Thanks Pixie!!! thats sweet! Yes your right but I can open up so much more when I realise this person has a sense of humour like I do if not than yes it just makes it more uncomfortable. I can easily have conversations but I always add a little bit of humour. I guess some people are just different. I've been hanging out with this friend from work this is the second time I have hung out with her and we have the same interesets just I can tell our personalitys don't mix together. When you are starting to grow up ( I am 18 ) it becomes harder to meet ffriends, I tend to get more nervous for things now? Two Years ago I woulden't think twice. Guess its a part of growing up:)

I can easily relate to guys more some girls just think Im weird or gross haha but for the most part I rather hang with the ladies

I'm going to get philisophical here but what is a friend really. could some one define it for me. How many level's of friendship exist. Is there such a thing as a casual friend you know the kind your not that seriouse about being friends with...

SoCalCatman72
When you meet friends well people at first does it take you some time to get comfortable with them?

For me, it takes me a long time to get comfortable with anyone. Even the people at my church, that I think I know pretty well. But I'm very much a stick to myself type of guy. Some of my life experiences have led me to swear by the statement; "The more I get to know people, the more I like my cat!"