What do you girls do with your armpits?

Do you wax them? Do you pluck them? Do you just shave them?

I tried plucking... it HURTS LIKE HELL!

I just shave them. But I have to do that everyyyy day. You can still see little stubs though, which kinda annoys me.

I was just wondering what normal girls really do...

What you're supposed to do.

THANKS!!

I've never heard of plucking them!:eek: Not only would that hurt like heck, it would take a LONG time wouldn't it?

I think most of us just shave. Just use a really good razor.

basscatcher

I shave everyday.

I had a hard time finding a razor that didn't leave me with a rash.

I'm also lucky because I have fair hair color so its not so bad for me.

I can't afford waxing or elect.

Diddo! I also shave everyday. Also, it's important to use a good razor to get a close shave. I use men's razors, like Mach3 or other mens Gillete razors.

I shave everyday.

do you shave you privates also PADA? :laugh:

do you have a landing strip?

basscatcher
do you shave you privates also PADA? :laugh:

do you have a landing strip?

It's a secret!:love:

shave 'em whenever I think to check their length, which is about three times a month. Which is funny, because I wear a lot of sleeveless shirts to work AND I sometimes sit with my hands behind my head when talking to others! :laugh: :laugh:

this past weekend, I got to see a bikini wax and a pit wax in progress. The techs used wax and paper strips to do my niece's bikini area, but a silly putty like wax on her pits. Apparently different grades of wax work on different areas. She also did an eyebrow wax, which was a really thin wax that was stripped off with a paper. No screaming or yelling involved, which surprised me, but my niece said that after the first time you get used to it, because the hairs come in thinner.

if I had the time and money at my disposal, I'd get my donkey waxed. I don't mind shaving my lower legs or pits, but I hate doing my upper legs! Made the mistake of complaining about that to niece's SiL, who said because her hair is so fair, she really only ever has to do her lower legs. It didn't even look like she *had* hair on her thighs when we headed out to the lake the next day and she was in her bathing suit. Wench.

• Author

Hey thanks for the input!!! Now I know I'm not the only one who shaves them with a razor everyday. I just put water and use my venus razor and shave really fast. Sometimes I get tiny red cuts haha. Oh, and I just found out recently that there are certain areas on my armpit where the hair grows in opposite and weird directions... interesting.

Hey thanks for the input!!! Now I know I'm not the only one who shaves them with a razor everyday. I just put water and use my venus razor and shave really fast. Sometimes I get tiny red cuts haha. Oh, and I just found out recently that there are certain areas on my armpit where the hair grows in opposite and weird directions... interesting.

Girl! Try some shave gel! You're puttin your pits through hell!

• Author

Yeah I shave in different directions hehe.

Girl! Try some shave gel! You're puttin your pits through hell!

Meh, it's quicker if I just throw some water lol. If I use shaving cream, it's only for a tiny spot and then I have to wash it off with soap cuz it smells like the shaving cream. :p Thanks for your concern though.;)

Yeah I shave in different directions hehe.

Meh, it's quicker if I just throw some water lol. If I use shaving cream, it's only for a tiny spot and then I have to wash it off with soap cuz it smells like the shaving cream. :p Thanks for your concern though.;)

Not cream! Try Gillette for women's Satin Care line. I love the orange swirl, it smells like sherbert! I have to control myself from licking it. :p It smells sooo yummy! They have plenty different flavors. Give it a try! You'll fall in love too.:love: :love:

Why aren't you shaving in the shower? And yes, use gel or soap. And watch out for cuts. I always clean my razors with alcohol because when I was a teenager a little cut there got infected. That was NOT fun at all! At least the gel or soap will wash off the germs and bacteria that like to live there if you don't go the alcohol route.

omg plucking your armpit hair?:eek: O-U-C-H!

yeah just a quick shave with my Venus Vibrance every other day does it for me or every time I wear a sleeveless shirt.

BTW, I don't see what all the hype was abt the Venus Vibrance. My legs aren't any smoother and I can't even take advantage of the vibrating effect...

I use the same old Bics - a whole bunch in a package for a couple bucks. Enough with the pricey fancy ones - these work just fine. Even though they are pink :laugh:

I use a mans razor too . If they trust them to shave their faces then Why not arm pits. I have never liked womens razors They dont go with the curves like a moch 3 turbo does. I use it to shave all parts even bikini area. I also shave my legs all the way up. I didnt relize that many dont.

I would like to get lazor hair removal. I herd it hurts alittle like waxing but after a years treatment of coming back every six weeks you have like no hair left.awesome!!!!! Much Better than repeated stuble growing back every night.

I cant sit through the waxing. Just not worth it.

after years of shaving.. i changed to waxing.

I find waxing HEAPS better. I use to shave every day = boredom and annoying and the hair grows back thicker, always stuble etc etc.

After a few years of waxing I can go 6-8 weeks without any hair under my arms. HOORAY... no shaving, no stuble, no rashes etc. I'm a waxing convert. If I ever do have to shave - ie last minute emergency i regret it as the hair comes back thicker and darker.

If I continue waxing I might soon give up having them done and the hair is so little now. Imagine that....

Underarm waxes don't cost that much i find, and very quick about 10mins. Usually I go at the same time as getting legs done. I'm WAY to chicken to do it my self, the beautican knows what she's doing and its fast and painless. Ok there's an 'ouch' moment at the start but it gets heaps easier, I can almost sleep sometimes when getting legs waxed.

omg plucking your armpit hair?:eek: O-U-C-H!

BTW, I don't see what all the hype was abt the Venus Vibrance. My legs aren't any smoother and I can't even take advantage of the vibrating effect...

:laugh: :laugh:HAHA!! BIG O.U.C.H!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

littlekitty

I suggest trying King of Shaves gel. It's 10X better than any shaving foam, or mousse or gel. They have male and female version, either is fine! It's brilliant, I'll never use anything else now and neither will my SO. :)

• Author
I use a mans razor too . If they trust them to shave their faces then Why not arm pits. I have never liked womens razors They dont go with the curves like a moch 3 turbo does. I use it to shave all parts even bikini area. I also shave my legs all the way up. I didnt relize that many dont.

I would like to get lazor hair removal. I herd it hurts alittle like waxing but after a years treatment of coming back every six weeks you have like no hair left.awesome!!!!! Much Better than repeated stuble growing back every night.

I cant sit through the waxing. Just not worth it.

You have a good point with using mens razor. Yeah, I noticed that my Venus razor doesn't go with curves. Grrr. It should because we have curves!! Don't our knees qualify as curves? HAHA.

But yeah, I just might use a man's razor. Hey, I can see if my brother has an extra one. :p

I have allllways thought about laser hair removal. It seems like such a good idea. But I don't know all the details about it. Like how long it actually lasts and how many times you have to do it. Oh, and how much something like that is. I'm just so sick and tired of shaving everything. Within a day, I get all prickly again. My hair grows so freaking fast!!

Why has society basically forced women to shave to be socially accepted?

omg plucking your armpit hair? O-U-C-H!

hah! for my niece's last birthday her mom (my sister) took her to a day spa to get waxed. She did her lower legs, her bikini area, her eyebrows and said the nice thing was that even though it was expensive, the hair came back thinner and less noticeable. They offered to do her pits, but she didn't want to pay money to get that done ... decided to get an at-home kit to do her lower legs and pits herself.

Rip! Hair off the first leg. Rip! Hair off the second leg! Next were the armpits. Rip! AAAAAAIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

lets just say that she's changed her mind about having someone else do that for her :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

after a years treatment of coming back every six weeks you have like no hair left.awesome!!!!!

from what I understand, hair grows in cycles, which is why you've got to shave so often. When you wax or laser, it's new batches of hair in different areas that you're going after, which makes it seem like it takes forever to get to a stage where you don't have to mess with hair removal.

amaysngrace
I've never heard of plucking them!:eek: Not only would that hurt like heck, it would take a LONG time wouldn't it?

We had a French foreign exchange student live with us for a year when I was a kid, and she use to pluck her legs! Right there, in the backyard.

I think by the time she'd finish, where she started would need to be done again, no? :confused:

Heavenseventeen
We had a French foreign exchange student live with us for a year when I was a kid, and she use to pluck her legs! Right there, in the backyard.

I think by the time she'd finish, where she started would need to be done again, no? :confused:

LOL.

My mum doesn't want me to shave, and now I can see why...but her hair is nothing like mine. I'm a coward- too scared to wax, won't even consider laser procedure, shaving the underarms gets annoying, won't think about plucking...what to do?:o