My ears are pierced and thats all! I got them done when I was 17 (now 35) I waited so long to get my ears pierced because, well I was chicken sh*t. :p I was now thinking of getting either my belly button pierced or maybe the cartiledge on my ear? Does the cartilege hurt to get pierced? How about the belly button, wouldn't jeans etc rub it and make it raw? I wear some low rise, but not all my jeans are low rise so was just wondering about that.

Jade

Well I got my ears pieeced when I was about 7, so I don't remember the pain very much. I heard the tongue doesn't hurt at all when you pierce it (hard to imagine though!).

Some people get the very top of their ear pirced, or the middle part of thier ear pierced which I heard doesn't hurt too much, but I know my neighbor got her ear pierced up top and she couldn't sleep on it for over 2 weeks, plus ended up dealing with an infection.

I think belly button rings are kinda cute :bunny: Not sure if they are painful or not, I only have my ears pierced once each on the bottom. Good luck with whatever you choose!

~Sarah~

• Author

Hi thanks for the reply. Not sure if I'll do either of them but just thinking about it. I have a fake belly button hoop I got at the beach but the damn thing kept falling off, LOL :laugh:

Jade

Hee hee I love talkin about this stuff..

I have my ears pierced twice, my cartilidge pierced, my belly button and i had my tongue done but I took that one out.

Ok the ears piercing you have so no need to answer that pain question...the Cart. piercing I recommend having that done at a tattoo shop and not with a gun. I had mine with a needle it was quick and painless it healed VERYYYYYYYYYY quickly and I forget it's there half the time but I love that piercing. Belly button is a pressure pain more than a stinging pain...again I went to my tattoo shop and had that one done. It's very quick and as long as you follow the directions on cleaning and stuff it should heal very quickly. Sometimes if I'm wearing certain belly rings with certain outfits it can rub but for the most part I don't even know it's there. They have some great belly rings too so LOTSSSSSSs of choices. The tongue...this was the only piercing that I had trouble with, never healed right, hard to deal with, hard to eat with, not very attractive, bad for your teeth, and easy to swallow if you don't tighten it properly. I had that one for about 3 months and I took it out.

Hope that helps..

• Author

Thanks that helped. If I had a choice I would say I may go with the cart.piercing instead of the other two. Tongue is out! OUCH!! :laugh: So its better with a needle for the cartilege instead of the gun?

Jade

Don't think i would do the belly piercing myself my daughter is 6 and she looks at me all the time as setting examples so i guess since i have her and wouldn't want her to do it like all these 12 yr olds are doing it she thinks it is disgusting and i don't want her to think any different about it and want to do it later on!! just my opinion!! to each's what you do with your body but me personally no

I got my nose done and I love it! I have a small diamond set in white gold that a friend made for me (he is a jeweler)... I also have the basic ear thing that I had done when I was 8.... I kinda want to get something in the mouth region like lip or tongue, but don't think it really suits my look or personality... I love those, though, on the right person....

The thing about gun vs. needle is that... well, there are a few things... the gun can only be positioned certain ways... so my ex got a cartilage ear piercing with the gun and you could barely see it cuz they couldn't reach past the fold of his ear so the stud was just in there... he had to have it redone with a needle the next day.... two, and this is the biggest one, is that the gun can't be 100% sterilized... also, I have seen them do multiple people at once without even cleaning it! I think it is generally pretty safe, but you don't want to mess with that! and 3 is that the needle pokes a hole and the gun punches a hole out... the second has more impact and I have heard of people having really bruised or shattered cartilage... I am not an expert or anything, but the woman who did my nose told me this stuff....

brittanyjean259

guns should be for the ear lobes...anything else...should be one of those needles, i have the industrial...witch yes did hurt, i have the rook...did not hurt at all...it goes by quick, you feel something with the cartlage but you should the more you get the more you will want to get more hehe

I have 4 piercings up my ear, I didn't get them done until I was 15 (I obviously got over it quickly)

i got the cartilidge done, it's a little irritated for about a week ONLY if you sleep on it or talk on the phone with it. They say to get the ear you don't talk on the phone with or sleep on done.

I still have it, just hardly wear it.

Definately get your cartilege done with a needle! I got both my ear cartileges (one on each side) pierced at a little boutique at the mall that used a gun and I would not recommend that route. Go to a tattoo parlor and get it done properly. I ended up taking mine out because one was pierced crooked (it doesn't look crooked from the front but the hole slants downwards) and it's a bitch to change earrings, plus I have massive amounts of curly hair that kept getting caught in the rings anyways. They were only sore for about a week or two afterwards, especially when I slept on them (thankfully I did not get them pierced at the same time!).

I personally like tattoos better than piercings :-). I have one of the swan constellation on the top of my foot. It hurt like heck but I love it!

I had my ears pierced when I was 7 and remember that killed me like no tomrrow!

I had my belly pierced about 4 months ago and it didnt hurt at all...I barely felt the piercing, only thing was there was a dull pain for a few hours while it was settling down..

Now I forget its even there, I usually wear low rise pants so i havent had any problems with it rubbing against my belly. So sorry, i can't help you there... But its so cute and I love it!

And now summer's hitting Australia I get to show it off in a cossie!

YAY!:bunny:

Recommend it for some fun

• Author

Thanks for all the replies. lilmoma I understand what you're saying and yes each to their own, I never said I was going too I said I was thinking about it. Probably never go through with with either of them. :laugh:

Ok I understand about the gun vs the needle thing now. I cringe at the thought of either of them. Bach bach, such a chicken I am. :p Thanks for the replies, and I will keep thinking on it for awhile.

Jade

Thanks for all the replies. lilmoma I understand what you're saying and yes each to their own, I never said I was going too I said I was thinking about it. Probably never go through with with either of them. :laugh:

Ok I understand about the gun vs the needle thing now. I cringe at the thought of either of them. Bach bach, such a chicken I am. :p Thanks for the replies, and I will keep thinking on it for awhile.

Jade

Cool !! Good luck

Ewwh don't think i would pierce my tounge either my bil has his done and my 6 yr old always says to him didn't that hurt .. i remember when he had it done and it swelled up bad and he couldn't eat we all laughed at him for doing it!! He was so mad at us but we got a real kick out of it because he thought it was cool and he could barely talk or eat!!

Brittanyjean06

if you do get your cartlage done, for me the best way for it to heal is to not do anything to it at all.

and it will be irriatating trying to sleep, but just put your arm over the ear and kinda sleep on your arm.

if that makes sence

once you get that done! youll be like" what a pice of cake! haha

I have my nipple and tongue pierced.

The nipple hurt a little, and had a slight sting to it for a week, it is now super sensitive. I took it out 12 months ago, and last week put it back in using only the ring, it doesnt hurt at all now and never healed over during that 12 months.

My tongue was only done 6 days ago and it was swollen for the first 2 days, but the only pain (if you could call it that) was a feeling like I had burnt my tongue on hot coffee or something (that was from the ball rubbing on the top of the tongue). I was eating an hour after it was done.

I think belly rings (chains) look hot on girls, and so do tongue rings. Lip rings, the ones in the middle of the bottom lip, and large nose rings look like crap on girls.

Always get them done using a needle, and never ever go somewhere that looks unsterile. They should use a new needle, swab the area with antibacterial stuff, the place should look very clean, wear gloves etc etc. I would even stear away from the places who do tattoos, and stick with a piercing exclusive studio.

Some people (like my sister) just have a lot of trouble healing from piercings. Hers close over within hours. She has to remove the visible ones to play soccer, and the one in the top of her ear is always half closed after her game (2-3 hours). But mine seem to stay open for ages (months).