CAN U GET A.D.H.D from A A.D.H.D PERSON?

I THINK I AM STARTING TO TALK LIKE MY GIRLFRIEND THAT HAS A.D.H.D AND IT IS .. different. I am not enjoying it. Hopefully I am not overreacting. As you read on my other post hopefully you can help the situation. I type funny, sorry.. and um.. sorry for the two posts.

SO IS IT POSSIBLE ? BECAUSE I TEND TO LIVE THE LIFE I LIVE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND, THE WAY I ACT TOWARDS HER/SHE TO ME I ACT TOWARD PEOPLE IN GENERAL??? WHY!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

No, one cannot get ADD or ADHD from someone who has it. I know many who have it and I'm fine.

It's not like ya sneeze and catch a cold from someone. ADD etc. isn't in the blood stream or snot to be contagious.

I THINK I AM STARTING TO TALK LIKE MY GIRLFRIEND THAT HAS A.D.H.D AND IT IS .. different. I am not enjoying it. Hopefully I am not overreacting. As you read on my other post hopefully you can help the situation. I type funny, sorry.. and um.. sorry for the two posts.

SO IS IT POSSIBLE ? BECAUSE I TEND TO LIVE THE LIFE I LIVE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND, THE WAY I ACT TOWARDS HER/SHE TO ME I ACT TOWARD PEOPLE IN GENERAL??? WHY!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

Humans are simply social and imitators. If you hang around someone long enough then odds are you'll pick up their mannerisms.

• 2 weeks later...
RecordProducer
No, one cannot get ADD or ADHD from someone who has it. I know many who have it and I'm fine.

That's what YOU think! :D;):laugh::p

I don't think OP meant he "caught" it. I think he meant is it just this:

Humans are simply social and imitators. If you hang around someone long enough then odds are you'll pick up their mannerisms.
or did he develop it because of her? Drug addiction is also not a contageous disease, but many people "catch" it from others.

Questions, if you have it then it's not likely to have happened just because your GF has it. There are things like trauma that can trigger mental illness, but unconscious imitating shouldn't leave consequences. You love and admire her and want to be like her. That's normal. My kids pick up words from their friends or TV.