I got home today from a long day of driving 6 hours and being on a course my work sent me on. I sat down to watch tv and relax and just thought Oh my I’m dealing with a hell of a lot and It’s getting me down. I’m on anti depressants and anti anxiety. I work part time 2 to 4 shifts a week at work depending on my rota. Also im a full time Single Mum to a gorgeous child. My house is kept spotless all of the time but I feel like I can’t keep up to my garden( I try my best with it though) I think I’ve done a good job with it but I can just see so much work that needs doing in my garden and I just have to do everything. It’s frustrating. I don’t go out or smoke or drink or take drugs I literally just work, take care of my child and run around trying to make my nephews happy and my family. I know I’m moaning but I feel so stressed out and over whelmed with everything...I don’t know what to try to make it easier. If I could afford I would get somebody to cut the garden down so it was more manageable so I could reach it and keep it neat.

It’s not just the garden but my child’s dad is an idiot and only has her 2 nights a fortnight and refuses to have her any extra which I don’t mind but he’s just so nasty about things. I would go out on my own for those two nights but I’m usually working really early on both those days. I just feel like I need a break from my life and that people are expecting too much from me...

CautiouslyOptimistic

That is a lot on your plate. Vent away!! I'm sure you're extra exhausted tonight after driving so far. Things will look better in the morning!

thats tough going, long driving can be mentally exhausting on its own without the other responsibilities you have to shoulder,

Have you some friends you can reach out too, perhaps find a childminder for a few days and take a break away for a while - you need to de-stress

can this guy not help you out with the garden,

my cousin gets a lot of these days, she says yoga and mindfulness groups have helped her to manage better.

ah wel keep your sunny side up anyway, you have a beautiful child and with a bit of effort a lovely garden.:)

I literally just work, take care of my child

Having raised four kids with the help of a wonderful wife, such is life for a while. Until you kids become more independent, things like hobbies, social life - and gardens! - fall by the wayside.

Might be time to plant a few flowerpots and let the garden go until you have time down the road...

Mr. Lucky

Might be time to plant a few flowerpots and let the garden go until you have time down the road...

Better yet, in not too much time your daughter will be able to help you in the garden. Something you can do together. That is a special experience, trust me.