LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Does EMDR therapy work

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2019, 1:56 PM   #1

Does EMDR therapy work

Has anyone ever tried it before? Does it work better than regular talk therapy?
Watercolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 5:55 PM   #2
Established Member

It helped me. But you do it in conjunction with talk therapy. Try it. If you don't like it, do something else.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 6:06 PM   #3

I watched several videos demonstrating it. Some demonstrated tapping on the patient's knees, and some demonstrated the patient following the psychologist's fingers.

I wonder if there are any studies done that report on how it changes the brain's neural pathways.
Watercolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 6:09 PM   #4
Established Member

I held two devices in my hands, like little eggs on wires. They were easy to hold but had some substance to them. They each pulsed but at different rates. My brain was "shocked" by the different stimuli it was receiving from each hand & that forced me to concentrate which really helped to stop the racing thoughts
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote