LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

When people say, “I like your make-up” not “you’re pretty.”

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2019, 2:37 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller107 View Post
Only women tell me that my make-up “looks great.” However guys don’t seem to notice my makeup at all, they give the regular “you’re cute” comment. I think it might be a women only thing about the makeup comment since obviously women wear makeup and they see how others wear it. I never thought about that.
yes, us guys don't think about makeup unless its halloween

- The Eagles
Old 7th March 2019, 2:37 PM   #17
Established Member

Thumbs up

Then it sounds like you're good to go to me.
Old 7th March 2019, 4:07 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
However guys don’t seem to notice my makeup at all, they give the regular “you’re cute” comment.
Hang on, so what's all this about not getting told that you're pretty? Pretty, cute...same thing.
Old 8th March 2019, 12:28 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Maybe I’m making a big deal about this, but a few times, people have complimented me on how great my make-up looks. They say, “your makeup looks great.” But they never tell me I’m pretty. I look like hell when I don’t wear makeup, makes me wonder if ppl think I’m just naturally ugly or something. I mean, I’ve seen hot women post pictures of themselves on social media and ppl comment how beautiful she looks, they don’t say, “her makeup looks great.” Are they giving me a backhanded compliment?
Hi Highroller107, I think it kind of depends, and doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'll give an example. I tell my GF, sister, and my son that they look great, when they do look great. With coworkers, professionals outside of work, and even random strangers, I point out specific areas that look great, such as their hair, dress, shirt, or shoes. It's a boundary thing, I think.