LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Dealing with low self confidence after having a baby.

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2019, 12:46 PM   #1
Established Member

Dealing with low self confidence after having a baby.

I've had given birth to two children within a little less than a year of each other. I was 125 to 130 when I got pregnant with my second, I gained about 20 pounds, and I didn't lose all of that before I got pregnant with my now 2-month-old daughter. I weighed myself today and I weigh 165 pounds. This is probably the heaviest weight I've ever been to. I need to lose at least 10 pounds to get to a healthy weight. I've just been so depressed, eating foods I shouldn't and not really exercising. My husband tells me every day I'm attractive but I just can't help it. I'm starting to watch what I eat, but it's so hard with how much stress I've been under.
TheRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 12:51 PM   #2
Established Member

You are only 2 months postpartum and had a baby in the NICU, etc. do not stress over the weight stuff at this juncture. Seriously. Focus on you and the baby and your family. The weight will come off. You've put your body through a lot in the past year or so with 2 pregnancies. Give it time.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 1:03 PM   #3
Established Member

I know. I just don't want to leave it to become worse. I just so many women who let them self go, and I just don't want to be one of them. I want to be a positive role model, eat healthy and exercise.
Old 4th March 2019, 2:00 PM   #4
Established Member

I'm saying this with love...perhaps talk to your doctor about postpartum depression. You're way too soon post pregnancy to be giving a whole lot of worry to your weight. And if it is weighing on you a great deal, it may be a form of partpartum depression manifesting itself that way.
Old 4th March 2019, 3:24 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallysbears View Post
I'm saying this with love...perhaps talk to your doctor about postpartum depression. You're way too soon post pregnancy to be giving a whole lot of worry to your weight. And if it is weighing on you a great deal, it may be a form of partpartum depression manifesting itself that way.
I have postpartum depression and they just upped my medication after I decided to stop breastfeeding. I guess it's just waiting for it to adjust.
Old 4th March 2019, 5:24 PM   #6
Established Member

Hang in there! How is the baby?
Old 5th March 2019, 4:38 PM   #7
Established Member

Hi!!!

I know my friend, I experienced this as well. It’s so tough because you want to be joyful and happy. But it’s also hard seeing our bodies change so much.

Sending love and hugs. And a good nights sleep.