LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Therapy question

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th February 2019, 7:11 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimepn View Post
I am not sure if she's saying plain lies to make me feel better bc there's nothing else she could say, or if she's soo naive that she doesn't know how women view short men.
And I don't know which the above would be worse on a therapy.

This is why, bc of just this one comment, I am considering giving up.

What are your thoughts on this?
Neither of the two. She's telling you what she's supposed to tell you (they have plug and play statements... JMO but most of the conventional therapy is a bit of a hype).

Unfiltered opinion: height does matter to most but not all women. I know for myself I just like the look of a tall man, just like most man like the look of a slim woman with shapely body. So your options will be limited but not null.

You can do few things to help:
1) improve your posture (giving you visually an inch or two more)
2) gain muscle in your upper body (again guiding the eye away from the lack of height, just like an overweight woman with hourglass shape will get positive attention, a shorter guy with good build will too)
3) get over it. Accept many women won't like you and it really doesn't matter if you can find a good match from the ones that do.
LastStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 9:15 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyM View Post
As others said, some women don't care if you are short and most do care.
You heard the old saying "tall, dark and handsome".
So are the "tall, light-skinned and plain-looking" guys in the waiting room with you, queued up for the next therapy appointment?

Your fixation with height isn't the problem, it's the symptom. As I said before, a good therapist could really help you...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 11:15 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimepn View Post
I tried that in the past and goddamit, some women know how to be proper cruel. That's all I can say.

However, during our last session, she said something that astonished me.
She said, "height" is a male obsession that women don't see as important (pretty much like the penis size).
I am not sure if she's saying plain lies to make me feel better bc there's nothing else she could say, or if she's soo naive that she doesn't know how women view short men.
Iím not going to tell you that your past experiences are not valid. But, Iím going to give you the perspective that some people can be very cruel, about any number of things. Consider the child who is different and wears glasses. Or, the woman who is overweight and dating. Or the person who has had surgery and has scarring. People can be cruel sometimes, but if you base your self worth on the people who do not matter, it is a sure way to be unhappy.

To the right woman, your height will not matter. Your therapist was not telling you plain lies to make you feel better. She was giving you the word. Whether you chose to accept that or not, is entirely your decision.
Old 21st February 2019, 8:48 PM   #19
Established Member

I think it's probably all relative. Someone of my height, for example (5'1") would see you as taller than me.

I met a guy who was maybe very slightly taller than me. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. He was a lovely guy, kind, fun, and we became lovers. We were not compatible in some ways, but physically we were amazingly compatible and he was the best lover I've known.

Unfortunately, we are not together now because he had to travel across the world for his work, but I really miss the lovemaking and I know he does too. We have stayed in touch.

Don't let fears about your height put you off. It is how you make a woman feel that matters, when you are with her or away from her. It's not just about sex but fun, laughter, kindness and support. You can offer a woman a lot more than you might think.