My Poem is Getting Published!!

A few months ago, I submitted one of my poems in a contest. I found out that I’m one of the finalists and my poem will be published in a magazine!! I already have three novels that I’ve self-published but this is my first official publish. I’m so excited. ?

• Like 15
  • Author
Congratulations! I hope this is the start of many more being published! :)

Thank you. I’m very proud of it and plan to buy a bunch of copies of the magazine. Lol! And, yes, I hope there are many more to come!

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

Congratulations, B-R! I'd love to read it if you're not creeped out by that lol.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you, CO!!! Not creeped out because you’ve been on this site for awhile but it would reveal my identity. Let me think about it. Maybe I can send it to you as a PM. Thanks for being interested in it!!

• Like 1

Congratulations!! I had an article I wrote for a lifestyle magazine published just before Christmas, so proud!! I got lots of positive feedback for it from my friends, I hope you do too with your poem.

Keep writing!!

• Like 1
  • Author
Congratulations!! I had an article I wrote for a lifestyle magazine published just before Christmas, so proud!! I got lots of positive feedback for it from my friends, I hope you do too with your poem.

Keep writing!!

That’s wonderful. Congrats to you, too!! And thanks!

• Like 1

OP, congrats on the published novel AND also congrats on the three indie-published novels. I have a toe in the creative space as well, and I know how fulfilling getting your stuff "out there" can be.

Frame that bad boy up somewhere! Then for the rest of your life you have an automatic conversation starter of:

Guest: Ah, what pray tell is that?

You: Oh, it's just one of my poems that was published in this esteemed magazine.

Guest: You are so sophisticated and impressive.

You: Yes, yes I am.

• Like 1
  • Author
OP, congrats on the published novel AND also congrats on the three indie-published novels. I have a toe in the creative space as well, and I know how fulfilling getting your stuff "out there" can be.

Frame that bad boy up somewhere! Then for the rest of your life you have an automatic conversation starter of:

Guest: Ah, what pray tell is that?

You: Oh, it's just one of my poems that was published in this esteemed magazine.

Guest: You are so sophisticated and impressive.

You: Yes, yes I am.

Lol! That’s priceless! Well, thank you, fellow artist. Actually, it’ll be a published poem — sure wish it was one of my novels but, hey, I’m still breathing.

Gotta remember that: “Yes, yes I am.” ?

• Like 1
  • Author
Bathtub -I really like your posts here and very happy to hear of your success!

Congrats!!!!:bunny:

That’s so nice to hear! Thank you, Seven.

• Author
Congratulations, that's awesome! I hope you do something nice to celebrate.

Great idea! It comes out in April and I’ll be in DC vacationing with my family. We’ll celebrate there!

• Like 2
  • Author
Amazing! That is truly something to be proud of!

Thank you, Art! I am really proud of it. It feels good. :)

• Like 2
  • Author
This is awesome!

I’m so proud of you. Thank you for sharing the good news!!!!

Thank you, so much. Can’t wait to see it in the magazine!

• Like 1
  • Author
Well done you! And enjoy your celebrations

I will! Thank you! I had to sign a contract, write a bio, and answer some questions. It feels official now. Lol.

• Like 1

The majority of posts on here tend to be negative. So it’s a breath of fresh air to see such a positive post. Congratulations!!

• Like 1
  • Author
The majority of posts on here tend to be negative. So it’s a breath of fresh air to see such a positive post. Congratulations!!

Thanks, June!

it’s a breath of fresh air to see such a positive post!

I second that! I love this thread!! :bunny:

Congratulations BT-R!! I’m very happy for you!

• Like 1