Have I lost interest in meeting women?

I have had this thought before and I've been thinking about this lately. I have been wondering if I just don't have much of a drive to meet women or if I am just reserved. Now I will talk to a woman and there are some that draw my interests. However, this guy I know today, who while is only two years older than I am isn't really that mature, was telling that I should try putting myself out there, and that I should "strike out" every once in a while. Why? Why should I go and try to talk to random women? I don't really feel like I want to. Of course, this guy believes that I am just shy, when in reality, I just don't have much interest in trying to talk to women. As I had addressed before, I have my moments when I will converse (Yes, that's the right term, not "conversate") with a woman and some also draw my interests. But for the most part, I don't have a lot of interest in meeting women. Maybe I am just focused on other things at the moment.

What does this tell you?

• Like 1

That you have a fulfilling life and your priority is not dating or a relationship?

And there is nothing wrong with that

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

What does this tell you?

I think it is telling me that you have something more important in your head, that takes priority over dating...

In my youth, I had this strong urge to travel and be nomadic. This "wanderlust" gene would often overrule my desire to date and have sex. Once I moved, I would start trying to date, again.

Do you have some other goal that is driving you?? Some other interest that is taking priority over dating or your desire to have sex??

• Author
I think it is telling me that you have something more important in your head, that takes priority over dating...

In my youth, I had this strong urge to travel and be nomadic. This "wanderlust" gene would often overrule my desire to date and have sex. Once I moved, I would start trying to date, again.

Do you have some other goal that is driving you?? Some other interest that is taking priority over dating or your desire to have sex??

The interest is sort of there as I do see some women who draw my interest and I do have some sexual desires. However, I feel more interested in some stuff that I am doing at the moment, like writing a story, working through some issues, editing photos, etc.

However, it just annoys me when some people tell me to walk up to some random woman and try to talk to her, and if I don't, I am called a coward. You know what I am talking about. Some guys you are with and see a girl walking by, and they say "Hey, go over there and talk to her." I am not taking what this guy said to heart. I am just more annoyed by it.

IMO, if you're comfortable in your life, listen more to your head and heart and less to other people.

During/after my divorce, I stopped dating when encountering feelings like yours. Now I can take it or leave it, it meaning socializing with women. Still treat them decent, sometimes listen to their problems, hoist a few to celebrate their successes but don't view them as breeding stock anymore. Sounds a bit crude but that's really what the male/female sex thing is about, breeding. Once that's over, what remains is what it is. Saw it with numerous women who went off men after their divorces. No interest. I think now many years later I understand them better.

What age are you at btw ?

Been married before or anything ?

Anyway yep l agree with the others, as you were, your fine :bunny:

Your content and simply can't be bothered, good for you.

A lot of guys can't be bothered with women don't blame them. Been there myself butttt, it came back -- noooooooo :rolleyes:

If one day you feel like things again some time that'll just roll around when it's good and ready.

Crazy thing is , it's often when your not interested someone pops up.

• Author
What age are you at btw ?

Been married before or anything ?

Anyway yep l agree with the others, as you were, your fine :bunny:

Your content and simply can't be bothered, good for you.

A lot of guys can't be bothered with women don't blame them. Been there myself butttt, it came back -- noooooooo :rolleyes:

If one day you feel like things again some time that'll just roll around when it's good and ready.

Crazy thing is , it's often when your not interested someone pops up.

No, I have never been married, and I am 32. I agree with all of you. I think I'm fine. I think that guy is living through an adolescent mentality of talking to any woman you see.

• 3 weeks later...
I have had this thought before and I've been thinking about this lately. I have been wondering if I just don't have much of a drive to meet women or if I am just reserved. Now I will talk to a woman and there are some that draw my interests. However, this guy I know today, who while is only two years older than I am isn't really that mature, was telling that I should try putting myself out there, and that I should "strike out" every once in a while. Why? Why should I go and try to talk to random women? I don't really feel like I want to. Of course, this guy believes that I am just shy, when in reality, I just don't have much interest in trying to talk to women. As I had addressed before, I have my moments when I will converse (Yes, that's the right term, not "conversate") with a woman and some also draw my interests. But for the most part, I don't have a lot of interest in meeting women. Maybe I am just focused on other things at the moment.

What does this tell you?

That guy friend is just projecting his feelings on you. Not every guy has to run around with his :eek: in his hand chasing after everything he sees that is of the opposite sex. Just because you have yourself under control, that makes you "shy" in his eyes which is not true.

I'm similar to you. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I approached a woman. I am typically the one getting approached. I typically am too busy handling other aspects of my life to seek out a woman.

There's nothing wrong with it. There's really too many people banging their head against the wall on their endless quest to mate. What's right for him isn't right for you. Tell him you're content as is and if you meet someone that works for you, great and if not, you'll be fine.

Since you're laid back about it, you actually probably will end up with someone because you're not desperate acting or lying to fool women out of desperation.

Seems like you just don't care for the whole dating process and I don't blame you.

Dating today isn't easy for the average man. I don't know about you but when I was still in the dating game, I found a low supply of prospects to choose from..and of the ones that were interested, I often have to contend with exhaustingly long lists of criteria and pass a battery of tests, to qualify. Most times I'd screw up on one thing, and that was all she wrote. Women ofcourse have a lot more luck in the dating game because they have far more prospects to choose from, so I knew I was competing with a lot of other guys. Made me feel like I had constantly come up with new and creative ways to grab their attention. Oh..and money. Lots of it was spent. And after all that, if they don't feel it, they'll easily break your heart and cut it off. Some will just flat out ghost you.

Go through that enough times and that's it.

I felt better once I quit and started concentrating on taking care of myself. As soon you establish a life you can be passionate and at peace about, the best of you will start to shine.

- Beach

Edited by Beachead
  • Like 1