LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

How to overcome fear and gain confidence - interview

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2018, 5:25 PM   #1
Established Member

How to overcome fear and gain confidence - interview

Hi,

it seems I am using this forum for everything but dating talk

But let just say this is topic of self improvement - if I can overcome this, it will move me greatly.

I have been offered one interview for a position in international corporation operating in investment banking. First round is behind me and they said Yes. It consisted of introduction and solving some rather... simple problem. The position is for product manager (currently) with future promise of junior engineer of Big Fast Data processing.

There are two things I can tell about this position:
- It is ducking amazing
- It is ducking challengin

I have never been so enthusiastic and scared at the same time, in my life (or maybe I was, but I forgot about it )

There is actually no solid, real reason why should I be scared - the prior requirement here is ability to learn fast and be able to bring start up mentality into corporate environment - frankly, two things I can do best. No, really, I would have tons of proofs for that (if wanted to expose my identity ).

The only thing is... I never worked in company of such professionals... They are like BIG ones. The best you can find in my country... And they are proud of that, expecting me to fit among them... uh... uh...

There is nothing more I wish more for. It will mean for me... no free time at all, for many, many moths, maybe even year or so. working during day, studying at night, weekends... The goal is to become developer/engineer for big and fast data processing... which is kinda position I could think of after two, maybe three years more years of experience... what I asked recruiter, who suggested me, he said "Don't worry, you will be in a company of best experts, they will lead you and you will grow fast". Which is something I completely believe.

But still... I need to suppress this... rather irrational fear I would say. I mean what could go wrong? n best scenario - I get the position. In worst - I will not, but I already have other job offer and plus, maybe in a future? At least now I will know them and make easier contact with them later?

Thank you for reading this... and maybe some nice reply?
Fearless Motivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 5:26 PM   #2
Established Member

lol, this is the second topic me admitting I am scared. And my nick is "fearless motivation" Hahahaha!
Old 7th October 2018, 5:43 PM   #3
Established Member

on hindsight, I am now thinking if I did not reveal too much about myself... but what could go wrong, right? Or better to say: who would ever care!
Old 11th October 2018, 4:28 PM   #4
Established Member

well... It seems "social handicaps" and other topics are much more interesting for local community that actually putting your sh*t together and doing smt. with your life...Thanks for your "support". No wonder you are where you are.

The interview is behind me and I am disappointed. I just don't understand how leader of IT department of international bank can be both stupid and have no charisma at all. Probably the answer lies in my question itself: Bank.

Will move on and take the lesson. Fear is pointless. Preparation and presumption of possible outcomes is the key. After all, this is not my first day in business.