Overcoming people's hatred for love

Yeesh! Some days I feel like Rose Nyland from Golden Girls and the episode where she delivered meals to homes and that one grumpy old man couldn't stand her and it drove her crazy!

At least she had a good support system with her closest pals by her side at home. There is wisdom in creating a life with good people surrounding you who care about your greatest happiness and understand you when you are sad and upset and who want to be there to offer their support in action and words and let their friend know exactly the many ways they care about them.

• Like 1

i was watching this you tube video the other day it was about happiness and joy and really loving.....and people consider those who are happy and loving everyone as childlike or silly or mentally deficient...sad fact.....maybe they feel they have to bring them down to the world ......instead of letting them fly in the sky loving all they see and do ..having true joy in their lives...maybe people bring others down who have love.....because....they are sad themselves and they don't have that love....i have met many who dont....and now and again i meet those who do have love and its....a beautiful thing........

a while ago years to be truthful i had a friend i met in a psyche ward....and when we were both out we spent time together....she was very lonely....she lived in a one bedroom little house she had lost her daughter due to mental illness and a myriad of health issues(heart etc) and the father of her daughter never allowed my friend to see her daughter.....so she seemed grumpy...she was just sad.....and alone....

i went around to her little house one day to visit.....and she had died over night....she died alone and lonely.....and her little house felt like loneliness...my girls were very upset ...she had touched our lives we felt for her.....i hope that she felt us too...its up to all of us to put love back in the world where its lacking ...a little bit of love at a time...and it can be done.....even with grumpy people...you just dont give up...on people...deb

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
i was watching this you tube video the other day it was about happiness and joy and really loving.....and people consider those who are happy and loving everyone as childlike or silly or mentally deficient...sad fact.....maybe they feel they have to bring them down to the world ......instead of letting them fly in the sky loving all they see and do ..having true joy in their lives...maybe people bring others down who have love.....because....they are sad themselves and they don't have that love....i have met many who dont....and now and again i meet those who do have love and its....a beautiful thing........

a while ago years to be truthful i had a friend i met in a psyche ward....and when we were both out we spent time together....she was very lonely....she lived in a one bedroom little house she had lost her daughter due to mental illness and a myriad of health issues(heart etc) and the father of her daughter never allowed my friend to see her daughter.....so she seemed grumpy...she was just sad.....and alone....

i went around to her little house one day to visit.....and she had died over night....she died alone and lonely.....and her little house felt like loneliness...my girls were very upset ...she had touched our lives we felt for her.....i hope that she felt us too...its up to all of us to put love back in the world where its lacking ...a little bit of love at a time...and it can be done.....even with grumpy people...you just dont give up...on people...deb

Lovely post Deb.

You may be feeling insecurity and be seeking validation even from strangers. If you were real happy with yourself, others' opinions wouldn't be that important to you. You'd be secure in your own self-worth and, in fact, you'd just blow off people who frowned on you as people who were just unhappy or had bad taste. Don't let other people be the barometer for your own self-worth. Live doing things that will make you yourself proud and build up your own self-esteem.