Are you the cynic, or am I?

I had to look this word up and I still am a bit confused as to what it means. It sounds like a disorder or something. Is it? Maybe that is what has been happening to me all these years...I was surrounded by cynics? That would explain the strange gap between their beliefs and mine and why their behavior seemed so unbelievable to me...I always thought they were faking it, being so bad towards me...but I guess they were not...they were just, cynical...? Jeeper's Creepers...that is a bad load to carry around with a person...it makes me sad to think about what could cause this to happen to a person. I will re-double my efforts when it comes to understanding others from these lessons in my life and try to have more compassion towards my fellow brethren. I'm just sorry I did not know before now or think of that word to describe someone. My pain is nothing compared to someone who may be a cynic, probably. I do not know how to help this disorder, except through prayer. I am inadequate to give an expert opinion on the meaning of cynic...anyone else have any knowledge of how to handle someone like this, in a compassionate, loving way?

Nothing wrong to me about a cynic. I am a cynic about many things like religion, politics, human nature and psychotherapy

It just means you tend to be pessimistic, critically questioning issues. It could be a sign of higher intelligence for some people. Folks who are naïve or trusting and very optimistic will say others are cynical. I consider it a strength of character, usually. Enjoy being a cynic.

• Like 1