Now going to reset

I have posted a lot on this forum in a variety of situations about my frustrations professional and personal. I have avoided going to the doctor because I don't have health insurance. Last night I reached a crisis point, I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't be anymore. I called a hotline and talked to someone and I am going to my psychiatrist who I hadn't seen in 4 years because I haven't had health insurance in 4 years.

I went to the dentist for the first time in 10 about 2 years ago because I realized I have to bite the bullet and do this and paid out of pocket. Now, I've realized this is the same with doctors. I'm in a lot of pain. I have to get better.

You have nothing without your emotional and physical health, so even if it costs more than you would like to get help, it's worth it. It should definitely be a priority.

I hope you find peace and healing soon.

That was very brave of you to make that first step. Mental health is as important as physical health (and dental health). Wishing you strength and peace in your journey to feeling better.

• Like 1
  • Author

I was given a lecture today how to be more customer service oriented and be more bubbly to others when on the job. I think this is more centered around the other adult coworkers rather than the students I am around (high school aged). I must have a better day tomorrow. And the day after that and the day after that.

I found an old Rx and I took it, I'm high as a kite and had a big Cheshire cat smile on my face. Prozac nation, I am coming back!

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

I found an old Rx and I took it, I'm high as a kite and had a big Cheshire cat smile on my face. Prozac nation, I am coming back!

What exactly did you take? Prozac doesn't make you high.

• Like 1
What exactly did you take? Prozac doesn't make you high.

Nor does it work in a day. It takes a good six weeks to feel any effect. It's also not something you take when you 'feel like it'.

You either had a placebo effect, or took something other than Prozac.

All the ADs are notoriously difficult to come off of. Please don't mess with this without a doctor's supervision.

• Like 4
I saw my therapist at a reduced rate for three years and payed out of pocket. Was worth every penny.

Self pay fees are usually significantly reduced. After the initial visit, my psych is $65. Well spent money, and he diagnosed me correctly on visit #1.

Did it? Last update I saw was a text exchange between the two of them. There’s nothing new?

She ended it. Maybe 'let it die' is a better way to put it.

• Author
How are things going with the fire walker?

Never heard a word from him again. It's alright, just another OLD.

• Author
She ended it. Maybe 'let it die' is a better way to put it.

I don't think he was that into me to begin with. ANd I think it's too late now to restart or something. It's alright, it just wasn't meant to be.

Never heard a word from him again. It's alright, just another OLD.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Well, you never know! He could be in contact again. Good luck!

• Author

I went back to my shrink today. We had a long talk about things because I hadn't seen her in 4 years. Filled her in on all the job ups and downs and craziness (we didn't get much into my personal issues having to do with self esteem, mostly the job related things that have had to do with the shattering of my self esteem which is just as rough but in a different way). I said I think the world has become far more narcissistic and ignorant, she said she agreed that people have changed in the 40 years she has been practicing. Won't go into specifics but I am on the road to recovery and putting the pieces back together again.

• Like 1

I hope the counselor/therapist is a bit more positive than that makes her sound :)

I hope things go well and you make some breakthroughs in finding what you want and need.

• Like 1

So glad you're getting help M :)

There are lots of great meds out there and Prozac is one of them

Be careful with Prozac though because if you're feeling 'high' from it, it could be serotonin syndrome. It's rare but it can happen with SSRIs and it's very dangerous. Tell your doc about any muscle rigidity, fevers, dilated pupils.

Honestly, I don't know why people who are depressed don't go for anti-depressants more often. Happiness in a bottle is you ask me :D

Keep us posted and take comfort in knowing you're on meds so things should slowly get better day by day :bunny:

• 1 month later...
  • Author
mortensorchid

It's been over a month since I went back to my shrink and I am back on meds. And I am better. I am much more relaxed, I am much happier in general. I am working better with others on the job, I am so glad. I forgot what it's like to be so at rest. Also started doing yoga, and I feel so much better physically and mentally. I can't tie myself up in knots and do the complicated poses but I am getting more flexible and feel good about the practice and what it's giving me. While my job can be stressful at times, I have a better perspective thanks to the meds. The only thing that is incomplete in my life is not having someone, which has been the case for a long time now, but it's feels good to be better.

It's been over a month since I went back to my shrink and I am back on meds. And I am better. I am much more relaxed, I am much happier in general. I am working better with others on the job, I am so glad. I forgot what it's like to be so at rest. Also started doing yoga, and I feel so much better physically and mentally. I can't tie myself up in knots and do the complicated poses but I am getting more flexible and feel good about the practice and what it's giving me. While my job can be stressful at times, I have a better perspective thanks to the meds. The only thing that is incomplete in my life is not having someone, which has been the case for a long time now, but it's feels good to be better.

i'm so glad you're feeling better mortensorchid