I have no idea what's going on

anxiety_aerial

Dear people of LoveShack. I'm a student who recently applied for Uni to achieve a Bsc in computer science. Ever since school has started, I feel empty. I don't feel motivated for certain things as I used to be.

Playing the guitar, playing games.. Even sometimes hanging out with friends is an issue because I don't know what to do. I don't know where and how to start dating since I've only dated twice, once for 10 months (perfect relationship lost) and last in February for 1.5 months.

It feels like I'm getting bored of everything and not feeling motivated for a lot of things. I developed my own routine for doing things, but I simply don't know what would be a decent way to continue a lifestyle to make it more fun. Should I go out and make new friends? Should I go out once every while to the bar with some people to catch up? Should I start dating again?

Or should I just keep on focusing on myself. And that the other things will come by as times passes by?

Your advice and any tips are highly appreciated, thank you in advance.

If you are really really sad, you should seek out medical care right away, nobody here can give you the effective advice you need if you are really that deep in a rut.

However, if you aren't at that point, ask yourself if you are really over your relationship? Have you really healed? If the answer is no, you should work on doing things you really really enjoy. Not enjoy a little bit, something you enjoy inside and out.

If not, you should ask yourself the same question anyway. Don't ever use stuff as a bandaid to cover up a loss of purpose. Do as much work as you need to get that back.

College is a wonderful time & place to discover who you are. It can be overwhelming as things change at a rapid pace.

Focus on your studies but also feed your soul. Don't worry so much about dating. Join some clubs & activities. Play your music. Meet new people of both genders. Love will find you in time.

When in doubt, focus on your studies. This is a time when you should not have your head buried in games or anything solitary but should be out walking around campus and joining in activities and expanding. I think that sense is making you feel anxious, but you need to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Your college/uni may have a counselling service. It is well worth checking out student services to find out what's on offer. If you haven't tried counselling (or other therapies that they might offer), that would be a start for you finding a way forward.

It sounds like you have focused a lot of energy and effort on getting to college and now you are reflecting on things that maybe you had 'put aside'. The student support/welfare services would be an excellent place to start. They are there to support students and the services are often free.