I don’t really like living life

HumanMachine

Yeah it’s ok at times, but why does it have to be a constant battle? Every day is a challenge.. money status power self importance eurghhhhh

I don’t like living life at the moment, what should I do? I don’t care about materialitisc things; I just want to be happy.

Edited by HumanMachine

Pursue the things that make you happy. Usually that comes from being true to yourself, having good character & helping others.

• Like 1
Usually that comes from being true to yourself, having good character & helping others.

There you go. There's a difference between living your life and your life essentially controlling you. The people I know who seem the happiest have a template, a plan, that overlays what they do. Standards, goals, beliefs are all part of it and I wonder HumanMachine, if that's what you're missing?

Mr. Lucky

Happy Lemming
Yeah it’s ok at times, but why does it have to be a constant battle? Every day is a challenge.. money status power self importance eurghhhhh

I don’t like living life at the moment, what should I do? I don’t care about materialitisc things; I just want to be happy.

If you don't care about materialistic items, why are you worried about money, status & power?? Do you make enough to keep your place warm in the winter, put a hot meal on the table, warm clothes on your back. If so, what else do you truly need??

I never cared too much about how other people view me or my possessions.

I worked on job, where I was driving my 20 year old car to work. Other co-workers made fun of it. I told them the reason they have to buy new cars is because they don't know how to fix their own vehicles or maintain them. I take pride in the fact that I'm a good enough "shade tree" mechanic to keep my old junk running reliably. Who cares how you get back and forth to work, as long as you get there on time. Let them go into debt buying new cars every 4-5 years. I'm content with my old reliable.

Stop worrying about keeping up with the Jones' or how other people view you, they are not your friends and don't truly care about you.

Take happiness in small things that you accomplish. Making a nice dinner, mending an old shirt, finding a good book at a used book store.

Life can be great, just don't compare yourself to others (especially on Social Media)

Just my two cents...

Blue skies...

• Like 4
MountainGirl111

Half the battle in life is figuring what it would take to be happy. For some people it's figuring out how to make the wife happy [just kidding,but not really]. But really, it's starts with yourself and figuring how to be happy yourself. Let other people figure their own happiness, if possible or help them explore it better. But back to you: if you don't care about materialistic things that's good because materialistic things get old, don't last, or fade away. Better to bank on things that grow in value over time, right? I have found it helpful to simplify as much as possible and combat stress as much as possible. When I do those two things, other things fall into place better.

• Like 1

Well, lead a simpler life and don't join the rat race. Of course, you will have to adjust your expectations about a mate accordingly, so if you're killing yourself to compete so you can get some hot woman who is chasing money, you'll have to give that up and find someone like-minded, and I honestly believe there are plenty of those.

Do you find that you are just normally not happy no matter what?

Do you feel like you'd be happy if you found a partner? A relationship?

- Beach

Pursue the things that make you happy. Usually that comes from being true to yourself, having good character & helping others.

But, being true to yourself is sometimes hard... Changing people's perceptions of you etc. We are social animals and our instinct is to 'fit in'.

How do you propose we be 'true to ourselves' if ourselves is not normal?

Just curious :)

But, being true to yourself is sometimes hard... Changing people's perceptions of you etc. We are social animals and our instinct is to 'fit in'.

That's true, we are social and our instincts are to fit in but the truth is often times we may not and if we find ourselves miserable trying to fit in to this something, then maybe that something isn't for us. Maybe we're not living a life that's in line with our heart. Maybe we're not in a career we want, maybe our sucks, maybe we're not studying what we want to study, maybe we're not living where we want to live, maybe the people in this place don't possess the kinds of qualities we need.

Needing people is disaster waiting to happen. I've never met a happy person who's made relationships (Familial, friendships, romantic etc.) their life. They were always trying to please. They were always trying to meet the endless demands and expectations which were impossible and a battle already lost. They took it upon themselves to be responsible for the entire it all and failed to see they don't have much control over the other parties. When these people change and grow and sometimes grow distant or leave as they come into their own, we desperately try to hold on to who we need them to be because we have made them our world. Our world is now falling apart. It's a selfish thing that people often do because they are afraid to think about their own life because maybe what they want to accomplish might scare them. They might think they're not capable of achieving it and the thought of working so hard and failing is overwhelming, so they deflect by shifting their focus to others. When they do that, they use people instead of give to them.

Being true to yourself is acknowledging who you are and what you need in your life and making your life that. It can't be about being loved or trying to fit in with people even though you wish for it. It can't have anything to do with people at all. But when you establish a life that you want to live, that you can be largely at peace with, you'll glow. People are attractive to that glow because it's positive, it's peaceful, it's refreshing, it's passionate. You'll also meet people who are more like you and share in your passions and goals and interests as well.

Suddenly you're not abnormal anymore..suddenly you've found a world that you belong in, where you're the hero in your own story. If people end up leaving, you'll have so many other things going on in your life that you are passionate about that can dilute the painful effect of the loss. Your life has essentially become independent of needing people to complete you.

So, being true to yourself ends up helping you find YOU and as a result, leads you to the right people for you. It eventually covers both needs in the long-run.

- Beach

Edited by Beachead

True happiness is living your life, regardless of what other people think.

The simple truth, people will think what they want to think. You can't control other people's perceptions. The sooner that people realize that and stop expending energy trying to please others - many of whom are focused on their own selves and don't care as much as you may think - the happier you will be.

Spend time doing what brings you joy and focus on the people who really matter in your life.

you can always move to a country that is happier, Norway, canada, and Sweden come to mind

"normal" is a horribly loaded word. Everyone is uniquely themselves.

What do you think is "not normal" about you? Do you have unusual interests that are not mainstream? That makes you interesting. Celebrate that & find people who enjoy what you like.

• Like 1

I'm concerned that we haven't heard from you. Are you ok?

I'm not big on materialism, or lots of money for the sake of prestige. And I have no desire to have more power than is required to help other people and animals who need it... And I know I'm just a little person of no real importance to the cold-blooded world around me. So I surround myself with what makes me happy, and live my daily life as I see fit. :)

I'm not big on materialism, or lots of money for the sake of prestige. And I have no desire to have more power than is required to help other people and animals who need it... And I know I'm just a little person of no real importance to the cold-blooded world around me. So I surround myself with what makes me happy, and live my daily life as I see fit. :)

what makes you happy LilithD??

what makes you happy LilithD??

I enjoy working with the good men and women I supervise on the jobsite. And I like to have them share their thoughts and problems with me after work, so that no-one has to be overwhelmed with accumulated stress. This is why my hubby and I host bi-weekly social events at our very comfortable home, and within our beautifully landscaped property we call our private sanctuary. :)

I love caring for our eight (currently) adopted feline friends, and just relaxing with a glass of soft red wine around one of our outdoor fireplaces.

Even though my knee hurts really bad right now, I am normally very active. I like to hike, bicycle, workout regularly at a fitness center, and just take romantic walks hand-in-hand with my honey bunch. I also like to take long drives to no place in particular as long as he is with me. ;)

I also like to sing, bake, read/watch mysteries, dance, and shoot my Glock 19... Bang! Bang!.. Yes! :)

Of course when a busy day has finally concluded, I like to spoon with my man. He makes me feel safe and secure... Yep! ;)

• Like 2
We are social animals and our instinct is to 'fit in'. How do you propose we be 'true to ourselves' if ourselves is not normal?

What do you mean by "not normal"? Normal is good, but being different or even weird can be exciting and intriguing.

CrazyKatLady

allow yourself this time to just be with yourself-it could be a wake up call. just breathe, and just heal. you may need a respite from the outside world. cheers.