I ruined my eyebrows!

It seems as though I just make one stupid problem for myself after another. Last night I got the wild hair to pluck all my eyebrows out really thin. WTF was I thinking!?! People have always complimented my eyebrows but I took a 16 year old boy's opinion from the internet that I needed to pluck my eyebrows more. I changed my avatar to the pic of my brows so you can see what they look like..altho I'm sure you won't be able to see TOO well from that little tiny picture.

Will my eyebrows grow back? Do they only not grow back if you pluck them repeatedly or am I already doomed? :(

I think I plucked my right brow more than my left but the right one looks better so should I pluck the left more to match it or just leave it be and hope and pray that the left one grows back in like the right?

Any suggestions on good brow powders to fill in sparse areas (that won't look completely FAKE?!)

Edit: this pic won't stay up long b/c I know it's terrible. ugh

My esthetician tells me that sometimes they actually never grow back again. It happened to her! Don't panic yet, though; sometimes they take a while to grow back. It'll be a few months before you know for sure. Moral of the story: don't listen to non-professionals or at least people not known for their good taste when asking opinions of how you look.

poor thing! :( i don't see the pic- only 1 of a dog right now.

if they never grow back, you can have fake ones tattoe-ed on. 2 of my friends have had it done, and it actually looks really good, but depends on where u go, i think!

you might try revlon colorstay eyeliner pencil to fill in missing parts 4 now.

good luck! :)

phyrespryte

I haven't seen your pic, but are you sure it's really that bad? I had my eyebrows waxed last week and the woman made them real thin and I was so miserable. Now I'm actually happy with them.

Maybe you're not used to seeing yourself with such thin eyebrows? I remember for the first couple of days everytime I looked in the mirror I freaked out. Maybe you just need some time to adjust?

Okay, this probably wont help or anything, but I heard about surgery where they take nose-hairs and put em on your eye-brows.

Man, The world is just getting weirder and weirder.

Oh, and I'm sure your eyebrows will grow back, firefighters get their's burned off all the time.

Ms_Sweetness

I have been getting my brows plucked and waxed for about 6 yrs and they do grow back. Mine usually start growing back within two weeks.

From someone who has over-tweezed - don't pluck any hairs for a few days. Hopefully some will grow back and you'll get a better idea of how to reshape them. If you are still unsure, go to a good aesthetician and get them done.

I know someone whose eyebrows did not all grow back in - let's hope this does not happen to you!

From someone who has over-tweezed - don't pluck any hairs for a few days. Hopefully some will grow back and you'll get a better idea of how to reshape them. If you are still unsure, go to a good aesthetician and get them done.

I know someone whose eyebrows did not all grow back in - let's hope this does not happen to you!

Are you alright XNX? :confused: You have been posting alot of items lately( sunburn problems, pull out?, spray tanning, now eyebrows ) and you seem alittle frazzled with your life. Eyebrows do grow back but I am concerned about what you seem to be doing to yourself. Can't you just accept you for you? You don't need to change a thing. You are fine as is XNX. :)

Peace...

• Author

Sorry it took me a while to reply, I have been out of town the past few days.

Sounds like I will just have to chill out and see what happens. I HOPE and pray they grow in more. I don't think it flatters me to have very thin eyebrows. Thanks for all the tips ;)

Are you alright XNX? :confused: You have been posting alot of items lately( sunburn problems, pull out?, spray tanning, now eyebrows ) and you seem alittle frazzled with your life. Eyebrows do grow back but I am concerned about what you seem to be doing to yourself. Can't you just accept you for you? You don't need to change a thing. You are fine as is XNX. :)

Peace...

You know, I hadn't even noticed that but you are right. I do feel pretty frazzled and I have lots of scattered thoughts/ideas, and I tend to "fix" things that aren't broken....if that made sense. I don't know what my deal is lately, but thank you for noticing and asking me if everything was alright! I never get asked that, so that was really very sweet. I'm doing just fine, just having a string of weird problems and worries....that's all. :)

RecordProducer

Castor makes hair grow much faster and even on spots where it should be but doesn't grow from. Put it on your eyebrows before you go to sleep.

I pluck my eyebrows about once a week and they always grow back. I don't see why you panick. You'll have them back with their full length in a month or so. Just let them grow. ;)

I pluck my eyebrows about once a week and they always grow back

That's fine for you but not true for everyone. I know people who plucked eyebrows that never ever grew in again.

• Author

Where do I get these? I have heard of Rogaine but don't you have to get a Rx for that? Where do I get Castor? I'm very afraid my brows won't grow back. My mom plucked hers out very thin when she was in high school and they never grew back...

Hang on!! Wait a couple of months (it can take that long) and see if they grow back. Do you want to look like some 75-year-old guy with big bushy brows? Don't panic. Just wait and see what happens before you go off buying junk ( I highly doubt castor oil will do anything at all, btw).

• Author

Ok I guess I will just try and wait it out a little longer. I *am* scared I may end up with a little more hair there than I bargained for! :laugh:

RecordProducer

Castor oil you can probably find in a drug store. It won't harm your face in any case. You can also put it on your eyelashes if you want them a bit thicker (they fall out regularly and castor oil makes them grow faster).

I have been trying to grow my eyebrows for approximately 1 month and they are barely starting to show. Give it some time.

Maybelline (I think that is misspelled) makes a VERY good eyebrow powder. I over plucked my eyebrows in high school. They grew back a little bit fuller, but not much - the hairs that grew back were sparse. This was 9 years ago. Try the powder to make them thicker, but go lightly.

• Author

Thanks for the tips!

I'm noticing some of my eyebrow hairs have grown back but like you said Lilyann, they are SPARSE.

In middle school I over plucked the middle area of my eyebrows and one side never grew all the way back in..the hairs are still a bit sparse there and didn't grow back the same. I have a feeling this may be the same thing that happens to my brows again.

Sucks!

But I will try that Maybelline powder and try to make them look as best as possible :o

SadBabyGirl

heck i just shave mine halfway off and draw em on the arch and the ends. LOL everyone thinks they are real and im happy with em more drawn on then with hair. My hairs grow halfway even after plucking or shaving every single day they start to grow back and they are long and black, they grow downward instead of across which makes it a pain in the ass to wax them or pluck; if the hairs all growin down, so i just said hell wif em and started shavin em. :love: I sooner or later may tattoo but im afraid coz the hair grows back like a jungle every day so I dunno if its a good idea since hair would probably start popping out. Maybe its my age, maybe its my freakin crazy hormonal shifts every month but boy, Would I LOVE TO give away some of the hair these beasts pump out every month. ( They are a bit bigger then jennifer connelys/the singer pj harvey, etc) :laugh: You can see them on the pic

• 3 weeks later...
DolceGabbanaAddict

I pluck my eyebrows and they always grow back. Don't worry about it, they really should grow back, unless yours are just different than mine oh and it may help to know I'm a guy. In fact I need to redo them already and I last did them about 2 weeks ago on like saturday. Trust me don't worry about it, you may just not be used to looking liek you do with your new eyebrows I remember everytime I pluck them differently I'm always freaked out that I look so different. Then I get used to it and I feel better. just give it time.

• Author

Thanks you all!

SadBabyGirl, your eyebrows look great! Actually, that is what I was trying to get my eyebrows to look like! What do you use on your brows? I'm very scared to shave my eyebrows off but what you mentioned (Jennifer Connely) reminds me of what my natural brows look like. So you can understand why I went pluck crazy! :p

My eyebrows have grown in somewhat since I first posted this thread. I'm guessing its been a little over a month since I wrote this thread. They have filled in a bit, but are still a little sparse. I have gotten used to them somewhat, but I'm still hoping they may grow in a bit more esp on one of the eyebrows (somehow I plucked one eyebrow more than the other).

It happen to me before so I prefer to use an eyebrow stencil . If you have overplucked your eyebrows there is a quick fix ...you can color them in with a soft coloured-eyeshadow while they're growing back in....mine took a month to grow back :p . Use a firm brush it's nicer than drawing them in with a pencil ...look artificial . ;)