I have come to the conclusion that i have sever anxiety. Although I’ve never had an anxiety attack that i can think of, i find myself constantly feeling anxious and worrying about something.

Even if nothing is wrong i find SOMETHING to worry about.

For instance, I’ve grown up in church and in the Bible it talks about God coming back and the rapture and all of that.

Well since i was a kid i have been anxious over that. My mother would have to stay up with me and talk to me all night about random stuff to get it off my mind so i could get some sleep.

Now that I’m older, i stress over grades obviously. If my grades are going good i will stress about random things. One time i had a headache and i stressed myself out because i thought i had a brain tumor. One time i had a bruise and i thought i had leukemia.

Not only things like that but all my relationships. I take every thing to heart. Everything has some underlying meaning to me. Like when my boyfriend says “you look really pretty today” i wonder how i look every other day (things like that)

Family and friends can say one thing and i will overthink it until it has this extravagant new meaning and all they even told me was that they liked my new shoes.

I know it sounds crazy and I’m being ridiculous (or at least that’s what I’ve been told)

But even knowing that I’m overthinking, i can’t stop myself.

It’s easier said than done.

I can stop myself and feel okay for awhile once i talk myself down. But sooner or later the negative thoughts pop back up and I’m freaking out again.

Anyone else experience any of this? Any tips or tricks to help?

• Like 2

Anxiety plagues the world it seems.

If you are not willing to ask your parents to put you in therapy, learn about mindfulness & mediation. There are techniques you can learn where you focus on your breathing & calm yourself.

Another good technique is sensory perception:

5: Acknowledge FIVE things you see around you. Maybe it is a bird, maybe it is pencil, maybe it is a spot on the ceiling, however big or small, state 5 things you see.

4: Acknowledge FOUR things you can touch around you. Maybe this is your hair, hands, ground, grass, pillow, etc, whatever it may be, list out the 4 things you can feel.

3: Acknowledge THREE things you hear. This needs to be external, do not focus on your thoughts; maybe you can hear a clock, a car, a dog park. or maybe you hear your tummy rumbling, internal noises that make external sounds can count, what is audible in the moment is what you list.

2: Acknowledge TWO things you can smell: This one might be hard if you are not in a stimulating environment, if you cannot automatically sniff something out, walk nearby to find a scent. Maybe you walk to your bathroom to smell soap or outside to smell anything in nature, or even could be as simple as leaning over and smelling a pillow on the couch, or a pencil. Whatever it may be, take in the smells around you.

1. Acknowledge ONE thing you can taste. What does the inside of your mouth taste like, gum, coffee, or the sandwich from lunch? Focus on your mouth as the last step and take in what you can taste.

• Like 5
Cookiesandough
Anxiety plagues the world it seems.

If you are not willing to ask your parents to put you in therapy, learn about mindfulness & mediation. There are techniques you can learn where you focus on your breathing & calm yourself.

Another good technique is sensory perception:

5: Acknowledge FIVE things you see around you. Maybe it is a bird, maybe it is pencil, maybe it is a spot on the ceiling, however big or small, state 5 things you see.

4: Acknowledge FOUR things you can touch around you. Maybe this is your hair, hands, ground, grass, pillow, etc, whatever it may be, list out the 4 things you can feel.

3: Acknowledge THREE things you hear. This needs to be external, do not focus on your thoughts; maybe you can hear a clock, a car, a dog park. or maybe you hear your tummy rumbling, internal noises that make external sounds can count, what is audible in the moment is what you list.

2: Acknowledge TWO things you can smell: This one might be hard if you are not in a stimulating environment, if you cannot automatically sniff something out, walk nearby to find a scent. Maybe you walk to your bathroom to smell soap or outside to smell anything in nature, or even could be as simple as leaning over and smelling a pillow on the couch, or a pencil. Whatever it may be, take in the smells around you.

1. Acknowledge ONE thing you can taste. What does the inside of your mouth taste like, gum, coffee, or the sandwich from lunch? Focus on your mouth as the last step and take in what you can taste.

This was very helpful. I will try next time. Thank you!

• Like 1

I’m so sorry you are experiencing this. Here are some techniques that have helped me.

- Deep diaphragmatic breathing

- Left nostril breathing

- Grassfed Gelatin or Hydrolyzed Collagen

- Epson salt baths

Hope this helps. Good luck my friend.

• Like 2

get outside.

And....if you're gonna be anxious anyway....give yourself *real* reason to be ....like...doing things you don't know if you can do....something where you can fail miserably....

For me....it moves some of the "thinking" anxiety into the "excitement" anxiety. (Much more fun...with the feeling of being alive thrown it)

Good luck

• Like 2

Being brought up to believe the end is always just around the corner would give anyone anxiety, seriously. That said, you're an adult now and can form your own beliefs and maybe get some faith that supports you instead of destroys you, but meanwhile I will tell you that anxiety is usually treatable by a psychologist, so you should go see one and not let it hold you back. There's all types for different reasons. There's some treatable with pills, some with behavior or a combination, or just getting to the root problem. But think of how great it would be if you went to the psychologist next week and two weeks from then , you felt a great burden lifted.

CBT will really help! Therapy can change your life and get your anxiety under control. The health anxiety happening as well as obsessive worrisome thoughts going on, the chronic anxiety (no actual attack but always anxious and thinking about everything) is affecting your daily life.

Do a journal, paper and pen. Write out your thoughts when you feel overwhelmed. Exercise daily. Yoga will help your brain keep you in the moment (something just happens, like magic :p) when you do yoga.