LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Highly emotional !

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2018, 2:39 PM   #1
Established Member

Highly emotional !

First of all, I am not sure if I am posting in the right forum or not.
Since childhood, I have been a very emotional person. On a scale, I hold myself together between 2.5 and 7.5. Anything my emotions cross these limits, I am a complete mess. Super mess. I make bad decisions in those moments.
People say it's fine and that I am normal. Just wanted to know if others experience similar emotions like mine.
Deepremorse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 3:15 PM   #2
Established Member

What are these emotional responses typically triggered by?
Mystyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 1:32 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyry View Post
What are these emotional responses typically triggered by?
When I am super happy or super sad I cry uncontrollably.
Old 4th February 2018, 11:41 AM   #4
Established Member

Learn about breathing techniques. I cry especially when sad. But sometimes if I do the deep breathing I can keep a handle on it.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 12:23 PM   #5
Established Member

Yes I have always been the same way as well.
You have to breathe in and out, slowly deeply.
Close your eyes and focus on your breath.

If you suffer from panic attacks, do this grounding exercise:
5 things you can see
4 things you can feel
3 things you can hear
2 things you can smell
1 thing you can taste
HiCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 6:34 AM   #6
Established Member

I don't have panic attacks rather more like a big cry for few minutes. Then I crawl back to normalcy. Also happens when I am intimate with my husband.

Last edited by Deepremorse5; 6th February 2018 at 6:37 AM..
Old 7th February 2018, 2:36 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepremorse5 View Post
First of all, I am not sure if I am posting in the right forum or not.
Since childhood, I have been a very emotional person. On a scale, I hold myself together between 2.5 and 7.5. Anything my emotions cross these limits, I am a complete mess. Super mess. I make bad decisions in those moments.
People say it's fine and that I am normal. Just wanted to know if others experience similar emotions like mine.
May I ask how old you are?

My suggestions, don't make any major decisions about anything when you're having one of those moments. And maybe seek some counseling so you can learn how to cope with stress in a way that you don't lose control. It's one thing to be or feel emotional, it's another to go from extreme happiness to falling apart crying.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 9:54 PM   #8
Established Member

IMO it is normal, and unless your emotions are interfering with your daily functioning too much, I wouldn't worry (if they are - talk to a d-r, nothing to be ashamed from).

I've always been told I'm very emotional and very reactive. I have large amplitudes of highs and lows, but usually snap out of both pretty easily if I put some conscious thought about it. But it doesn't interfere with my daily functions, I enjoy it and don't really want to change it. I love the whole spectrum of emotions that my body let me experience (I always joke with people that this is the reason I have never drunk or smoked weed etc - my body gives me the whole spectrum without external interference haha)
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 10:19 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwayisup View Post
May I ask how old you are?

My suggestions, don't make any major decisions about anything when you're having one of those moments. And maybe seek some counseling so you can learn how to cope with stress in a way that you don't lose control. It's one thing to be or feel emotional, it's another to go from extreme happiness to falling apart crying.
I am 29. I don't lose control. Just the excess emotions that I go through is what bothers. Rather than depth, across whole spectrum of things I become emotional.
Old 10th February 2018, 2:28 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepremorse5 View Post
I don't have panic attacks rather more like a big cry for few minutes. Then I crawl back to normalcy. Also happens when I am intimate with my husband.
Aren't you and your husband separated? Just asking because from your post it seems you're not. Yet from your recent story you definitely are. But, there may be another Deepremorse on LS who IS separated?
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2018, 1:21 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingWaterPlease View Post
Aren't you and your husband separated? Just asking because from your post it seems you're not. Yet from your recent story you definitely are. But, there may be another Deepremorse on LS who IS separated?

You have correctly pointed out. We are separated now. I was speaking of times we were together. During sex, I get super emotional. And he is still my husband.