How should I tackle this issue while in Uni?

I'm in my second year of university and I could some advice on an issue. There is an issue in my personal life that does bother me, but not so urgent i need to tackle it right away, but when I do, I spend a lot of time on it and become obsessive. Due to this, I feel like I wasted first year of uni life a bit as I wasn't as outgoing as I could have been. I'm in my second semester of university and was wondering, should I take a break from this issue and come back to it when the semester is over to focus on my uni work/life? I ask as I don't want to have regrets in uni but I wonder if I do so, am I running away from my problem? What do you all think?

Without knowing what the problem is, I cannot advise you. What is the problem and why did it stop you from being social? Why can't you address the issue while you're at Uni?

• Author
Without knowing what the problem is, I cannot advise you. What is the problem and why did it stop you from being social? Why can't you address the issue while you're at Uni?

It's kind of pretty personal, more on the religious/spiritual side of things. The thing is, I can adress at Uni/like do research, but as I said, I kind of tend to obsess over it, which I think might effect how I view my school work.

• Author
Sorry Night Rogue. I can't help without better understanding of what's going on.

Ok, it involves me doing research/questioning spiritual beliefs, which is something pretty personal. As I said, when I do it, I become really obessed with it, seeing how personal it is, which is why I was asking if I should put it ff until the semester is over? Is that helpful? How much understanding do you need?

• Author
Sorry Night Rogue. I can't help without better understanding of what's going on.

Does it help now what I just said?

I think with anything you need balance.

Do your research but find a mentor who can help pull you back when you start to overly obsess. Perhaps take a comparative religions class to fulfill a humanities requirement. Then you can turn your obsessiveness into an A+ killing two birds with one stone.

Uni is a time for personal exploration. If you don't deal with this now, when will you address it? You will have less time when you graduate

• Author
I think with anything you need balance.

Do your research but find a mentor who can help pull you back when you start to overly obsess. Perhaps take a comparative religions class to fulfill a humanities requirement. Then you can turn your obsessiveness into an A+ killing two birds with one stone.

Uni is a time for personal exploration. If you don't deal with this now, when will you address it? You will have less time when you graduate

Eh, it's not something academic or related to my course, as I said, my workload has already done and it is a more personal thing as I said before. When I look into it, it makes me really obsessive and I worry I will just focus on that instead of uni life. I meant to take a break to focus on uni life for the semester and deal with it when exams are done in like April. The research will still be done, I'm just putting it on a backseat. Does that sound like a good idea?