LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Who else is ready for 2018?


Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree52Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2017, 8:52 PM   #1
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 102
Who else is ready for 2018?

I have been feeling like December, and the year, are dragging along.

I am generally a very positive person, I try to find good aspects everywhere, but I find myself so tired at the end of this year. It's been such a tough and low on positives/accomplishments year - professionally and personally. Yet, it has been so busy and exhausting, and as recently as today it is continuing to throw punches.

I am very mindful that I am still among the lucky ones and that things are not quite as grim as they may appear at the present moment, but I also cannot help but hope for a brighter 2018.
Mystyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 9:01 PM   #2
Established Member
 
alphamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Detroit, MI :lmao:
Posts: 33,239
I was just getting used to 2017
__________________
Indeed
alphamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 9:24 PM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I was just getting used to 2017
I really tried to also, but 2017 had another agenda. I am throwing in the towel, but hope to bid it a nice farewell yet.
Mystyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 10:16 PM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,547
I'm ready!

2017 was an epic year, one of my best so far. 2018 - I expect to be even better

My main goal for 2018 is professional: going back to my 'roots' but with a twist. I stepped out of science 2 years ago, and although the tech world is cool - I feel like I want to be back

Also: I have to learn to garden.

And since we are on a dating forum: 2018 shall bring me at least 2 first dates, unless the first one works out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyry View Post
I have been feeling like December, and the year, are dragging along.

I am generally a very positive person, I try to find good aspects everywhere, but I find myself so tired at the end of this year. It's been such a tough and low on positives/accomplishments year - professionally and personally. Yet, it has been so busy and exhausting, and as recently as today it is continuing to throw punches.

I am very mindful that I am still among the lucky ones and that things are not quite as grim as they may appear at the present moment, but I also cannot help but hope for a brighter 2018.
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 10:38 PM   #5
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
2017 was an epic year, one of my best so far.
Oh nice! It is so good to hear someone had a positive 2017!! Everyone around me seems to have struggled. What made your year special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
My main goal for 2018 is professional: going back to my 'roots' but with a twist. I stepped out of science 2 years ago, and although the tech world is cool - I feel like I want to be back
Science meaning academia? I am a scientist myself, but in a corporate world. I am actually wanting to step more into the tech area and out of the corporate one next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
And since we are on a dating forum: 2018 shall bring me at least 2 first dates, unless the first one works out
Awesome goal! I do hope the first one works out for you
On my end, I am in the process of ending something, which is part of what made my 2017 challenging. I think I will take a break and focus on myself.
Mystyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 10:54 PM   #6
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,547
I bought my first home, had my first niece, published an an old project, refurbished an old hobby, got away from a suffocating ex and albeit it was a false start - crushed hard on someone It was a mix of old and new... and after a string of bad events (deaths in family, ilnesses etc) in the past few years - I got a breather of the bad stuff in '17

Yeah - I was in academia - stepped into tech - and now planning to transition to science but in the corporate world. So it is like in reverse to what you want to do

Fingers crossed for good dating luck And also on you getting through the difficult ending - actually this may encourage you: 2017 was good for me big time because of that (I had a good break & time to focus on myself after a long and torturous relationship ending).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyry View Post
Oh nice! It is so good to hear someone had a positive 2017!! Everyone around me seems to have struggled. What made your year special?

Science meaning academia? I am a scientist myself, but in a corporate world. I am actually wanting to step more into the tech area and out of the corporate one next year.

Awesome goal! I do hope the first one works out for you
On my end, I am in the process of ending something, which is part of what made my 2017 challenging. I think I will take a break and focus on myself.
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 11:04 PM   #7
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 454
I canít beleive the year is already over.
I feel like time is just moving so quickly and I am still in the same place.
It feels so strange and I am oddly sad. It doesnít help my 23rd birthday is a few days after New Years. I feel so behind somehow.

Not ready if I am honest
HiCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 12:05 AM   #8
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
It was a mix of old and new... and after a string of bad events (deaths in family, ilnesses etc) in the past few years - I got a breather of the bad stuff in '17
Then cheers to 2017 as well! Sounds like a good year indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
Fingers crossed for good dating luck And also on you getting through the difficult ending - actually this may encourage you: 2017 was good for me big time because of that (I had a good break & time to focus on myself after a long and torturous relationship ending).
Fingers crossed indeed! And thank you, it does encourage me to hear that. I really feel like I need a long break to refocus.
Mystyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 12:07 AM   #9
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCrunchy View Post
I feel so behind somehow.

Not ready if I am honest
I know the feeling. Hopefully 2018 will surprise everyone... (I will add the caveat - "in a good way" )
Mystyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 12:47 AM   #10
Established Member
 
DarrenB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 803
It's cliche, because we all this think every single year.
DarrenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 12:59 AM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenB View Post
It's cliche, because we all this think every single year.
True. For me there were years in the past that have been really great. I can't remember looking forward to the new year/year end quite as much as this time, hence the musings on my end
Mystyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 2:04 AM   #12
Established Member
 
Fair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 663
2017 has been the worst year of my life! It started bad... it ended bad. So bad, if fact, that 2018 can't help but be better. My goal is to fall in love and be loved in 2018. Being alone is so hard. Everyone please pray for my success.
Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 2:08 AM   #13
Established Member
 
alphamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Detroit, MI :lmao:
Posts: 33,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair View Post
2017 has been the worst year of my life! It started bad... it ended bad.
i'm sorry to hear that
alphamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 2:13 AM   #14
Established Member
 
Fair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 663
Ideally I wish in some freak, time warp occurrence we could go back to the eighties next year. Miss those days dearly. Tired of going forward. Want to go back with the knowledge I have now.
Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 3:11 PM   #15
Established Member
 
sorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 526
Nothing really special about going into a new year. Just my opinion. sun will set and rise just like any other day and life goes on. Nothing magical will happen. why wait for a new year to make things better? Just another day for me.
__________________
Inventor of the 180 theory
sorano is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is there such thing as "not ready for a relationship", or just "not ready for you"? xuanqi1988 Breaks and Breaking Up 25 9th December 2015 10:26 PM
She is ready now Wildcat12 Second Chances 2 1st July 2015 1:40 AM
Ready to Move On...But Not Ready to Make the Leap... USMCHokie Coping 15 10th June 2010 2:31 AM
I want more then friends, he's not ready and never sees himself being ready... Pebbles59 Friends and Lovers 10 9th June 2004 12:18 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.