Overnight Work

Hi All,

So i'm not really sure why i'm making this thread. I guess i'm just really tired and some encouragement would be nice. I'm currently working overnight at a bookstore. It's a temporary job. I'm pretty exhausted physically and mentally. Just patiently waiting for this part of my life to move on so that I can hopefully get something more convenient in the future, sigh, really tired to be honest, lol.

Working night shift can really throw you off balance. Working when you're supposed to sleep, and sleeping when youre supposed to be up.. My ex used to work night shifts, sometimes i didnt get to see her for days, even though we lived in the same house we had completely different schedules . She was very moody because of night shifts, taking sleeping pills etc..

Don;t wait for hope to change your circumstances, work towards it i sense that you dont really want to do this. Everytime youre working nights its like youre grinding your soul everything dreads. Dont do this to yourself and i hope you get whats convinient for you.

All the best <3

• Author

Thanks for the reply Buriall. I actually do like the job but wish the work shift time was different. I have a few more weeks before my contract ends so I will push through. Thanks again :)

I'm going to start working the night shift (10pm-6am) at my job come January. I'm actually excited about it. It pays more, I'll never have to see the boss, and I get to work with a coworker that I get along well with. I actually chose this shift over a 6am-2pm shift.

Do you know how much longer you'll have to work the night shift?