How to stop pleasing my dad/always negative?

I'veseenbetterlol

In the recent years I have taken my self esteem out of the gutter. My dad has always been critical of me, always sees the negative side and because I love him, that had a really bad impact on me.

He would have these lectures, consisted of making me feel like a complete POS. These "lectures" were supposed to be out of love and a way for me to improve myself. Instead they made me want to crawl in a hole and never come out.

I kind of thought about it and came down to the conclusion that he refuses to see when I do good things or improve something. Its almost like he gets some sort of reward denying how I contribute. Like I wash the dishes every night, he cleans the house too, but says I never wash dishes despite always leaving dishes after I'm done.

My weight has always been a sore point for him, I have never had any weight issues and all the guys I have dated find me sexy. I have an hour glass figure w/a flat stomach, everyone always comments how skinny I am. My dad every once in awhile pretty much says I'll be obese one day if I "don't watch out".

He says I don't have any passions/hobbies, yet when I go out to do my own thing, he puts it down despite that hobby not affecting anyone else and doesn't cause harm to me.

Where does all this negativity come from? My sibling also got the lectures, but got praise as well.

Sorry you're in this situation. Sadly, some people are just negative and nagging. You can't change them, so all you can do is change your part in the situation.

How old are you? Perhaps it's time for you to spread your wings and move out.