I want to make more female friends

Hey everyone. This is something that I've been aware of for a very long time: I don't have many female friends. I am not the type of person to start drama or anything - I think I get along with most people.

It's just that the circle of friends I have consists of males only and it's only recently that I've started to realise that this isn't "normal."

Part of me is envious of girls who have a close group of girl friends to hang out with and have girl conversations. However, I feel like deep down, I have more fun talking to males? I may be internally prejudiced and think guys are more fun to be around, but it's slowly starting to dawn on me that there are things that I can never talk to about with these friends because they are guys.

How do other girls get so close to each other?

I met my female friends in a variety of places 1). as a child; 2), through my sorority in college; 3). on the job; 4). through women's groups I joined over the years; 5). through mutual friends and 6). through summer share houses.

Like any other relationship, friendships take nurturing & work

Hey everyone. This is something that I've been aware of for a very long time: I don't have many female friends. I am not the type of person to start drama or anything - I think I get along with most people.

It's just that the circle of friends I have consists of males only and it's only recently that I've started to realise that this isn't "normal."

Part of me is envious of girls who have a close group of girl friends to hang out with and have girl conversations. However, I feel like deep down, I have more fun talking to males? I may be internally prejudiced and think guys are more fun to be around, but it's slowly starting to dawn on me that there are things that I can never talk to about with these friends because they are guys.

How do other girls get so close to each other?

I'm in the exact same situation, but mirrored - I'm a guy with a lot of female friends. I sometimes think along the same lines, that I would like more male friends, but then I realise that friendship really doesn't depend on sex, gender, race, location or whatever. Don't worry about whether it's "normal" or not (how do you even define "normal" anyway?) but if you have decided for yourself that you want more female friends then the other replies so far are a good place to start.

However it may depend on where you live - if you're in a city then meetup groups work great, but if you're in a small town it may be more difficult. In which case local sports might work.