I've honestly never understood why people like to play the 1Up game.

People seem to think that the best way to get people to respect them or look up to them or to get a point across is to dominate someone or instill fear in them. Like seriously why? I've even had people on here do that to me. It's always just kinda been common sense to me that if you want to garner respect then you should always just be polite, even if someone tries to belittle you or make you feel bad. If someone is rude to me I will be that much nicer. Don't even think about trying to get me to sink down to your level because that's not gonna happen. And this is coming from someone who is pretty misanthropic honestly.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late with a reply, but to coin a phrase "me too". I stopped going to the Meetup groups I was in because of all the one-upmanship. Every time you tried to talk, someone else would wade in with something bigger or better. Very tiring.

• Like 1
  • Author
Bit late with a reply, but to coin a phrase "me too". I stopped going to the Meetup groups I was in because of all the one-upmanship. Every time you tried to talk, someone else would wade in with something bigger or better. Very tiring.

Honestly I'm the kind of person that likes to talk in order to learn, not necessarily to be the smartest man in the room. The smartest man knows he isn't smart, so he keeps asking questions to learn.