Fearful about seeming too forward

I've always been very wary and cautious about appearing too forward. Obviously, this was a huge handicap when I was single - I always backed off way too quickly when when a girl told me she had a boyfriend. Now that I'm married, I'm even more hesitant and awkward around other women - it isn't healthy. I'm not talking about being flirtatious or trying to initiate affairs - how do you have conversations that establish basic human connections beyond small talk?

I know there are some guys on LS who have slept with lots of women - how do you talk with married or otherwise-committed women when you are not necessarily trying to seduce them?

truthtripper

It sounds like you are disatisfied in your marriage, you want to escape-have an affair-but are you are in denial about it. Hmmm?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
It sounds like you are disatisfied in your marriage, you want to escape-have an affair-but are you are in denial about it. Hmmm?

More like never having the nerve to go through with it. I guess I just flirt/banter when I have the chance? That's been my approach to this point.