Male getting a peircing

Hey i am 23 yo. male.

I have no tattoos or piercing.

For a long time i was against it.

Lately i realized i might be too butt hurt about ever thing and i should get loose

So i think a piercing will get me lookign better

I thought about the ear at first, may be a lip.

I am not gay ( maybe bisexual but very light bisexual)

So where is the most sexy body part to pierce that will be attractive to girls?

Something visible, face.

I am also working in an office so not to go crazy or i will loose the job.

I am considerably older than you & very conservative so I'm probably not the best person to answer your Q.

Pierced ears on guys is OK. Anything else pierced on either gender is . . . odd.

Forget love for a minute. Think about getting a job. What would a potential employer find acceptable. As an employer, I'm going to be highly suspect of your decision making skills if I see piercings.

• Author
I am considerably older than you & very conservative so I'm probably not the best person to answer your Q.

Pierced ears on guys is OK. Anything else pierced on either gender is . . . odd.

Forget love for a minute. Think about getting a job. What would a potential employer find acceptable. As an employer, I'm going to be highly suspect of your decision making skills if I see piercings.

First of all you can remove a piercing and it won't be visible.

second it become to be a common practice and no one is looking at it.

(not to go crazy, only one or two at the ear.)

If an employer is having issues with it then i should look for another job.

I am practical engineer and want continue studying for Engineering.

First of all, even if you remove an earring, the piercing is still visible.

Anyway, let's focus on the bigger picture. Around the time you were born, tattoos on the lower back were all the rage. All the cool girls had one!

Now they're disparagingly referred to as tramp stamps.

Mulligans were all the rage ...until they weren't and started being called "red neck."

Fads come and go. It's easy to get a haircut and lose the '80s big hair or '90's rat tail mulligan. Ditto for the horrible clothes and bad makeup that were the rage in each decade before falling by the wayside. The problem with tattoos, body piercings, and other forms of body modification is two-fold:

• They're permanent. It takes time, money, or both to get rid of them when they fall out of style and/or you decide you no longer like them.
  • While you feel so original getting "your" piercing, you're really just demonstrating that you're yet another lemming mindlessly following the crowd off the cliff.

Finally, like it or not, how you dress, how you decorate yourself, etc. will determine how far you get in your career and the types of opportunities that are open to you. Hard work and talent are necessary but far from sufficient if you plan to go up the food chain. If your career goal is to be a barista at Starbucks, an entry-level engineer, or some other basic job, knock yourself out with tattoos and piercings. If you want now than that in the long-run, take a longer term view to the decisions you make now.

I think your replies are narrow minded.

Any way i would appreciate a real answer to what face male piercings are popular today among males my age?

What do you see among males your age? That would be the best measure.

I'm older, and not particularly found of any face piercings, but for what it's worth, I find eyebrows to be less distracting than lips. Within the last couple of days, I've encountered lip piercings that seem to have a sore on the outside of the hole (can't imagine what the inside looks like). As a nurse, I'd attribute that to constant moisture. And that hole will remain evident even if you remove the jewelry. Lips are much more susceptible to infection as well.

So, what do you think of an eyebrow?

I was thinking eyebrow, too, w very simple jewelry, either a small ring or barbell.

I like the look of the lip ones, but I agree they seem more likely to go wrong. I dont think the nose ones tend to look great on guys.

• Like 1
I think your replies are narrow minded.

Any way i would appreciate a real answer to what face male piercings are popular today among males my age?

Ear lobe gauges are all the rage right now.:bunny:

Maybe don't go with what looks cool these days. Do what you think compliments you. If you get a piercing with a mindset of, "I'm getting it here because this is what society prefers," then you might look like a tool no matter where you get it.

As a girl, I think that ear piercings (ONE per ear, no gauges) and/or eyebrow on dudes are fine. Lip piercings to me are just not hygienic, because as midwest said, there's constant moisture and the jewelry can also cause chipped teeth and gum recession, plus I would personally be squeamish about food particles around an open wound (as it heals).

Get a piercing if you really want a piercing. But put a lot of thought into it. Do some research. Take a good while to think about it. I recently got my ear lobes pierced for the first time and a few months before, my belly button. I spent a lot of time researching the best studio to go to, what jewelry I could imagine myself wearing, how long I plan on having these piercings. You don't want to get yourself pierced impulsively- a good studio will change a high price so you really need to think about whether its worth the pain, the aftercare (sometimes months of twice daily aftercare) and the money.

• Like 1

My female friend got a tattoo of a vine, crawling up her rib cage, going over the shoulder, and ending under her breast. She got it because her bestie had pretty much the same thing. From then on, people have assumed she and the bestie are lovers. She denies it, but behind her back, people are calling her gay. Now, maybe it is true, and maybe it isn't. But I wouldn't want strangers judging me, especially if they are co-workers, or bosses and can cause me consequences. She just has to live with it, it's too late for her. So, I would advise you to be very careful before you do anything permanent like a tat or piercing...you'll be living with the fallout for the rest of your life.

I'm a male and yes, I'm gay, although I do tend to think I lean a little more towards bisexual. Piercings both ear and facial are not going to instantly make everyone think that you are gay. As someone else has said, definitely do research on what exactly it is that you want to get pierced. I currently have three piercings, my septum, my left nostril, and my helix in the right ear. No one really comments on them except to ask if they hurt or something. Your real concern should be whether YOU really want them, not what people are going to think of you after you get them. Check in with your jobs policy on piercings as well. Some businesses only allow men to have one ear pierced and such.

And yes, piercings can be hidden. I don't understand what the 'rest of your life' or 'questioning your decisions' posts are on about, but they're not permanent like tattoos. Unless you're thinking of other body modifications which are permanent.

Edited by Ronnys93
thefooloftheyear

A guy came to me a few years ago with numerous facial piercings...I told him that it was OK(this is a blue collar job-out of the public eye), but that for safety reasons he couldn't wear them at work..

I did ask him if he was fond of fishing....He gave me a funny look...I told him"It must be great if you are....you don't even need a tackle box".....:laugh:

Eh....I got a bunch of tattoos...I am the boss, though, so I don't have to answer to anyone but the customers...And there isn't anything outrageous...

TFY

A guy came to me a few years ago with numerous facial piercings...I told him that it was OK(this is a blue collar job-out of the public eye), but that for safety reasons he couldn't wear them at work..

I did ask him if he was fond of fishing....He gave me a funny look...I told him"It must be great if you are....you don't even need a tackle box".....:laugh:

Eh....I got a bunch of tattoos...I am the boss, though, so I don't have to answer to anyone but the customers...And there isn't anything outrageous...

TFY

LMFAO! That's a good one!