All I do is study, study , study

I never have time to date

I never have time to socialize

I always get sick

I am always depressed

I never want to go out

I can never afford to go out

I am always depressed

I am always hungry but I can't always afford food but still gain weight no matter what I do!

I barely have any money

I am always stuck doing essays

Once one is over there's the next one due

If I do have spare time, I work.

I just don't have a life and I feel so angry! I hate uni life and although I'm in my last year I can't stand my life and I can't stand what it has done to me

I am 33 almost, I went back to uni as a mature student to better my life. Worst decision of my life, I am the shadow of my former self.

d0nnivain

You need to find some balance. For every few hours you study, do something fun. Find ways to study more effectively so you can mix some fun in. Do remember you are almost there.

• Like 1
Scarlett.O'hara

I'm sorry you're struggling. Going back to uni as a mature student is an incredibly brave and challenging thing to do. It takes all your willpower to stick through it and come out the other side.

You have come so far! It sounds like it has taken a lot out of you, both physically and emotionally, but just look at how close you are to the finish line.. so close!

If you want acknowledgement and recognition of all you hard work and suffering then you need to figure out how you can manage this last year without having a complete breakdown.

Firstly, by the tone of your post it does sound like you might be struggling with depression. Have you spoken to a doctor or a therapist? If not, that would be the first thing I would do.

Secondly, is there a possibly of reducing your work load a bit to take the pressure off? If you have to enroll in classes later in the year, could you look at something that has a different course assessment (no essays) or might be less intense than what you are doing right now? It may take a bit longer to reduce your course load, but at least you will make the workload more manageable/bearable.

Thirdly, if it is all getting too much to deal with, perhaps you could consider taking some time off. Focus on getting yourself back on track, make some money, take a break, socialize etc. Then come back to it with a clear head and more energy.

Only you can decide what is best for you in the long run. Your health and well being of course has to be your priority, but before you throw all your hard work away, just see if there is another option that might help get you through it.

Ask for help.

• Like 2
Arieswoman

DaisyOW,

First of all congratulations for going back to Uni and getting a tertiary education :)

Uni will always be hard work if you are a conscientious student - but try and think of the rewards at the end.

You have come so far and now you have just a little bit further to go, so stick with it and success is just around the corner.

Do you have a tutor at the Uni that you could talk to about this ?

I agree that you sound depressed, so maybe you could talk to your GP/Physician?

Good luck x

TaraMaiden2
I am a student

I am in my last year but I really hate my life

I have gained weight, but eat less and eat healthy

Then buy better foods, cook, freeze and enjoy over time.

I

walk up and down a damn hill to get to unil but still put on weight
Then don't walk - cycle.

All I do is study, study , study

Which will get you better grades, hopefully....

I never have time to date

I never have time to socialize

I always get sick

I am always depressed

I never want to go out

I can never afford to go out

I am always depressed

I am always hungry but I can't always afford food but still gain weight no matter what I do!

When I was in counselling, My Mentor advised me:

"Beware the words 'always' and 'never'. They're liars - they always exaggerate and are never accurate!"

She was right.

I think you simply lack planning, strategy and a workable personal-time timetable.

I barely have any money
Then you need to budget, and keep a careful note of every single cent you spend, then review your budget at the end of the month, decide where you need to re-channel your funds.

My daughter does this. She's amazing and in spite of being a single mum with a heft rent, she always manages to be in the black.

I am always stuck doing essays

Once one is over there's the next one due

If I do have spare time, I work.

Like I said, forming a strategy and time-table for how you manage your personal time, is a very good idea.

I just don't have a life and I feel so angry! I hate uni life and although I'm in my last year I can't stand my life and I can't stand what it has done to me
Don't offload the responsibility onto 'Life'. Life, like Time, is a measure, a quality, an essence - it has no will of its own. If Life is passing you by - it's 'you' that is passing. Not 'Life'.

I am 33 almost, I went back to uni as a mature student to better my life. Worst decision of my life, I am the shadow of my former self.
It doesn't have to be this way.

My H when he studied at Uni, had me, a good social life and time to do some of the things he wanted. And he got a 1st Class with Honours. At 48 years of age.

• Like 1

If this is your last year then you should be graduating soon! Just focus on that light at the end of the tunnel...

I do understand where you're coming from though. My family & friends have been pushed off so I can study, I have missed events for my child, I have not worked out in 2 years. College takes a lot of hard work and dedication, and hopefully you will see the rewards of that soon.

• Like 1

What degree are you doing, Daisy?

I've found that with regards to studying, it starts to go downhill after a certain # of hours. So more isn't always better. If you take 30 min out of your schedule to get a healthy meal, or some fresh air, or even a bit more sleep, you might find that you actually get MORE out of your study time than if you had spent that extra 30 min studying.

If you are having to work full-time simultaneously it must be crazy tough though. In that case I got nothin', except hang in there...

• Like 1