Trying to figure out what makes me emotional/insecure/moody

CrystalMinds

Hello all :)

Here I am again...

I'll just start: lately I've been feeling insecure, stressed out, moody, sad, ... and I don't know why. I've been taking it out on my boyfriend by acting jealous and not really enjoying our time together (for example: yesterday I was upset because he liked a pretty girls' facebook picture...usually I wouldn't really care if he does this, I know it's just facebook and just a like and it means nothing but all of a sudden I overreact).

Let me tell you what's going on in my life now to give you a better idea: I live 1.5 / 2 hours away from work (trying to work closer which is giving me some stress since I have to take tests for that and that freaks me out), my mom is having a pretty serious operation on her heart in two weeks, my boyfriend and I still live at home and see eachother daily but our parents are usually home when we are, so that makes me a bit tense because we don't really have much quality (and alone) time anymore (we see eachother 2 hours a day in the evening after work).

I talked to him about this and he says I'm having a rough time, and says he knows it isn't easy for me, though I feel I should just get through it without complaining because nothing's really wrong. He understands this and I told him I just want to know what's wrong with me for feeling this way and that I probably need some time to relax, enjoy time with him and do something sweet and romantic.

Also, he has this single friend and when they talk it's a bit more..."macho" than how I know him. This makes me a bit scared that he has a side that I don't know of and that this side could cross boundaries.

I don't know why I post this, maybe someone can tell me why I feel so edgy and emotional, or maybe I just need to vent all this to someone who doesn't know me to have some insight, ...

I just want to stop feeling emotional, insecure and enjoy life and my time with my boyfriend and friends.

Edited by CrystalMinds
dragonfire13

To be honest, the things that are putting you on edge at the moment sound like irritations that would get to anyone - you're only human so don't beat yourself up about it, especially if a bunch of things in your life are less than ideal at the moment.

Try not to take it out on those closest to you though. And remember, the rough patch will pass. Also, when I find myself overthinking and worrying, I have to remind myself that certain things you just cant control. Whatever will be, will be. So it's useless worrying about it or creating all these would-be scenarios. If you bf is an undercover douchebag who's facebook "liking" with intent (which I doubt), those are his actions and decisions and you'll deal. Acting suspicious or trying to control him will only make it worse. You can't control what other people do, all you can control is how you react to it.

Majority of the time, the thing I was suspicious or nervous about doesn't even transpire and I end up berating myself for getting so wound up over nothing.

Edited by dragonfire13
  • Like 1
  • Author
CrystalMinds
To be honest, the things that are putting you on edge at the moment sound like irritations that would get to anyone - you're only human so don't beat yourself up about it, especially if a bunch of things in your life are less than ideal at the moment.

Try not to take it out on those closest to you though. And remember, the rough patch will pass. Also, when I find myself overthinking and worrying, I have to remind myself that certain things you just cant control. Whatever will be, will be. So it's useless worrying about it or creating all these would-be scenarios. If you bf is an undercover douchebag who's facebook "liking" with intent (which I doubt), those are his actions and decisions and you'll deal. Acting suspicious or trying to control him will only make it worse. You can't control what other people do, all you can control is how you react to it.

Majority of the time, the thing I was suspicious or nervous about doesn't even transpire and I end up berating myself for getting so wound up over nothing.

Thank you. I thought I was overreacting by letting those things get to me (not the liking on Facebook but the other things). Next time, I'll try to think logically about what irritates me and why it gets to me and see if I can work through it.

You're right about the control thing. Too bad feelings aren't something you can control. In my mind it wasn't anything bad but my feelings said otherwise... ^^

Thanks for your reply!

• 2 weeks later...
dragonfire13

Honestly, we've all been there - our mind can be our own worst enemy especially if you're prone to overthinking - although I have a tendency to overblow things, I HAVE had a gut feeling about things which have ended up transpiring.

And trust me, facebook likes by a guy I was dating used to get to me too :-P that guy turned out to be a flirty douchebag but a guy I was seeing recently was seriously just a habitual facebook-liker and it was quite sweet that he was just trying to be nice and friendly. So it all just depends on the guy.

Hope that helps!