Overnight pimple reducers? Home remedies? Please help!!!

are there any home remedies that would minimize a pimple overnight? Or over the counter meds thats will do me justice? I need to get rid of a massive pimple by tomorrow. I heard toothpaste on it overnight works? Does clearasil ultra or the on the spot acne treatment work? HOT DATE! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hey there, well i can give you a few tips..i've had pimples all my life, and continue to! At 22!! ahgr! :mad:

Go to the chemist and buy something with benzoyl peroxide..this will dry the pimple out. Something like clearasil probably contains it, read the packaging it should say on there. I use proactiv solution and that also contains BP.

It will dry the pimple out, but it will not make it disappear completely..soooo if you wear make up here is my fool-proof tip.

What you do is this: apply the BP cream a couple of times and before bed time. When the time comes for your date, apply moisturiser to your face and the pimpled area, to soften up the skin. Then apply some sort of bronzing cream (revlon skinlights is awesome) then apply some concealer, (remember! BLENDING is the key!) and after that your foundation..the bronzer will give your skin a great glow and will distract from the pimple.

After that, apply blush or whatever...

If you dont wear makeup..well the best thing to do will be just to leave it after using the benzoyl peroxide cream and just hope the redness goes down!

• Author

Thanx JoL!

Helpful tips. Do they sell just the BP cream?

Have you ever heard of using toothpaste? I hear it dries it out as well.

I'll try the covering up method as also.

Thanx!

ill use some toothpaste before i go to sleep and when i wake up it really shrinked in size. theres a certain ingredient in there that reduces the pimple... it really works - just dont use a lot

Most pimple creams contain BP..it's a common product. Just check the packaging or better still- ask someone at the chemist to help you out.

I have never tried toothpaste, maybe i should give it a go!!

Dot honey on it, and cover with a bandage over night.

The next day it should be gone.

For pimples that won't come to a head, this will cause them to come to a head and you can then get rid of them.

The next day you can apply Visine (Yes, the eyedrop) to the pimple. It will take the red out of the pimple and make it less noticeable.

You can also get a green colored concealer to dot over it and blend. Green cools down the appearance of the pimple.

Make sure your moisturize.

DayumQuitPlayin

I'm not sure if I'm too late.. but I've heard about the toothpaste.

I've tried it before... and what happened to me was that it had made it worst. Instead of one pimple.. it made few tiny ones. I guess it depends on what type of toothpaste... but since more people are saying positive things about it.. and I'm the only negative one.. I'm guessing its the brand that makes the difference.

Good Luck :)

using toothpaste as a spot treatment is a good "home remedy" but I use Pro-Activ, ya know that shows jessica simpson used it and everything. i thought it was BS and i used it and it took about 1 week to help treat it. it's awesome and now i'm pimple free...just dont pick your face!!!!! that's the best thing because when you go to "pop" them it doens't get it all out and it just pushes all the stuff back into your skin and it turns out even worse and leaves scars and blotches.

Pro-activ soluton runs about 39.99 for the 3 step treatment but it's the best thing i've ever put my money too, plus it might not help as quick as you want it to but it helps in the long run....and you'll be glad you did it when you get older.

• 2 weeks later...

SERIOUSLY!! Vinegar. 2 days ago I had a cyst like zit one of those underneath the skin big heaters, really large lump/red/hard/sore. OK the next day granted the zit was still red but the swelling was all gone. Maybe you could use the visine for that part of it!!

Awesome

Vinegar works for everything.

P.S.

Just use a Q tip and only apply to the zit, it will make your face red if applied to a non zit area.

Hope it works as good for you as it did for me.

Wolvesbaned

Wow this thread is great! I've used toothpaste before (though years and years ago) and it worked. I remember lipstick worked too, but the toothpaste is less messy. I can't wait to try the Visene! Thanks guys :)

BTW they sell little green pencils just for covering zits at Wal-Mart or any other store for that matter for under $3. If you don't want to do through the steps of blending, I highly recommend MAC Studio Finish Concealer. The say its an under-eye cream but with the matching stiff brush, it works wonders on everything! My friend calls it an eraser, I agree.

I just bought that mac concealer today and I love it. Covers up well. I also bought 2 application brushes for like 35 bucks each but I still think it's worth it! Loves It!

I reccomend it as well.

Anyone try any tips here yet?