Feeling Comfortable in your own skin.

"Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being"

This is probably the biggest challenge for me. Trying to improve and be well at the same time.

If all we have is "now" then right now I'm not comfortable in my own skin. When I look in the mirror I hate what I see. All I see are glaring mistakes and I fret about what I can do to make it better.

So what do I do? I "pretend" I'm something I'm not. As in "female who is happy with themselves." I don't hate myself but I don't like myself either. I struggle daily with accepting who I am. Always wishing to be the most beautiful woman in the room and never achieving that status. Always wishing to be the sexiest, smartest, most desirable and being so far from that ideal it's painful.

An outsider might not notice this as I live a quiet lifestyle. But I can feel it. I'm so uncomfortable in my own skin and now that I'm 47 I think it's time to change this. I just don't know how. I'm doing everything right. I exercise, and eat right, spent some time in therapy, listen to spiritual speakers, help others, meditate and am taking an active role in trying to live off the gird as much as possible so as not to rely on society.

Next spring I'm going to try and grow my own food and live on less money. I always feel like I'm trying to get better but that's because I don't like who I am now. I do try to radically accept myself and listen to self compassion videos but emotionally I'm still a wreck. It's uncomfortable and I want to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Does anyone feel comfortable in their own skin?

• Like 1
Does anyone feel comfortable in their own skin?

I 100% do.

I think it just stems down to not comparing yourself to others, and also not caring what others think about you.

By not comparing, you're able to appreciate yourself for who you are and what you've got, instead of pitying yourself for what you don't have.

By not caring what others think, you feel better about yourself because you are completely comfortable with who you are, you own it. If someone around you doesn't appreciate you for who you are and what you have, you move on. There is always someone else out there who will value you for who you are.

• Like 3
  • Author
I 100% do.

I think it just stems down to not comparing yourself to others, and also not caring what others think about you.

By not comparing, you're able to appreciate yourself for who you are and what you've got, instead of pitying yourself for what you don't have.

By not caring what others think, you feel better about yourself because you are completely comfortable with who you are, you own it. If someone around you doesn't appreciate you for who you are and what you have, you move on. There is always someone else out there who will value you for who you are.

You're very lucky and wise Louxor.

I always compare myself to others and always care what they think. I figured once I "grew up" I'd mature and be grounded. That never happened.

• Like 1

I'm completely happy in myself.

Here's a snip from an old journal of mine:

"You're not the best, and you're not the worst. You're good enough.

The land of the 'good enough' is a wonderful place, and everything you want is there to be found."

Take care.

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm completely happy in myself.

Here's a snip from an old journal of mine:

"You're not the best, and you're not the worst. You're good enough.

The land of the 'good enough' is a wonderful place, and everything you want is there to be found."

Take care.

That's a beautiful quote Satu. I've been reading a lot about "Highly Sensitive People" and it's obvious that I fit that category. Western culture isn't too fond of my type.