How do I move away from the adolescent mindset?

I still think and behave like an adolescent a lot of times, even subconsciously without fully noticing. I am 21 now and am not a teenager anymore. There are guys younger than me that are more mature. There are guys my age who are married and/or have kids of their own already. How do I let go of this mindset and start viewing myself (self image) as an adult?

What does an adult your age do that is different from what you do? Forget about what he thinks and feels for the moment, and identify what he does.

Model after the example. Do what an adult does. Spend your time and your money as an adult does. Your mindset may follow your behaviors.

• Like 1

Focus more on what you want to achieve in the future in stead of the present moment gratification.

Also, I found it helpful to communicate with older people or just people with more "mature mindset" (even the same age as you).

I still think and behave like an adolescent a lot of times, even subconsciously without fully noticing. I am 21 now and am not a teenager anymore. There are guys younger than me that are more mature. There are guys my age who are married and/or have kids of their own already. How do I let go of this mindset and start viewing myself (self image) as an adult?

OP, could you provide some examples?

In general, responsibilities of independent adult living mold one's personality over time. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes 'hard knocks'. Everyone is different.