She cancelled our travel plans

Too much baggage

One of my friends and I were planning a trip overseas for 10 days in May. She just told me she's apprehensive about going because of my recent low energy level. She said she doesn't think I will be up for doing all that we had talked about doing. I've been on anti-depressants and a sleep aid, and have been seeing a therapist for the past four months. Since I've been on the prescribed drugs I need more sleep - about 8 hours on a normal day and 11-12 hours every three or four days. Now she wants to put the trip off for a year - and at that point, who knows if it will really happen. I'm not sure how to respond. I think it should have been up to me to say whether or not I was up to traveling - not her. Am I wrong? And I was also really looking forward to it and the change in scenery, day to day life, etc. The disappointment of not going is really setting me back. What approach should I take in responding?

Ask her to sit down with you and a travel guide and discuss all the activities she'd like to do while there. Explain that you understand her concerns and you would like both of you to have a good time. However, without discussing what she wants to do and what you think you'll be capable of doing, she's making an assumption that you will hold her back during the vacation which isn't entirely fair.

Consider what she wants to do and consider what you think you're capable of doing. If you feel she may be looking for a different type of vacation than you are then it may be a good idea to postpone it until you're feeling more up to it.